1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dropdown Submenu

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by JacksonvilleTilePro, Jan 20, 2021.

Can someone please help. My webmaster has been busted for a DUI and I'm trying to learn but finding it a much more difficult than i anticipated. I'm ok with the basics but having issues with trying to incorporate a submenu opening to the right side of my dropdown menu. Can anyone please give me some help to incorporate this submenu into the dropdown. I'm trying hard but just having major issues. If someone could please help I would be much appreciative. I have searched the forum but not quite fining anything to help me figure it out. The dropdown menu in question is located at the below web address. Thanks much for any help whatsoever.

http://www.jacksonvilletilepro.com

JacksonvilleTilePro, Jan 20, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Things have moved on a lot since you got that done in 2012. It looks like he built it using frontpage and I really don't know much about how that works or even if it accommodates a third tier of menu.

How keen are you to learn?
    We could help you rebuild the menu and it wouldn't be too painful

sarahk, Jan 20, 2021 IP
  3. JacksonvilleTilePro

JacksonvilleTilePro Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for the reply. I really need to get this done so I'm willing to do whatever I need to. I would greatly appreciate any help that I can get. I am actually using Dreamweaver. Please I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you very much.

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Jan 20, 2021 IP
  5. JacksonvilleTilePro

JacksonvilleTilePro Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, hope i can figure it out

Attached Files:

6. JacksonvilleTilePro

JacksonvilleTilePro Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know what else to say except that this is over my head, just cant figure it out. Thanks

JacksonvilleTilePro, Jan 21, 2021 IP
  7. JacksonvilleTilePro

JacksonvilleTilePro Peon

Best Answers:

Is there any way that you can help me get this figured out. I just cant get it. I can do the simple stuff, but this is just whipping me.

JacksonvilleTilePro, Jan 23, 2021 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There are so many variables, one of which is that if we build the menu without using Dreamweaver will it mean future changes can't be done with Dreamweaver?

If you were my client I'd say start over and rebuild the site. As terrifying as that sounds the tech part will be quick & easy, will give you the menu you want and the biggest job will be cut and pasting the (excellent) content from your old site to your new.

Your old site is not mobile friendly, looks dated, and isn't easy for you to manage.

sarahk, Jan 23, 2021 IP
  9. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Ditto.

I don't know about "excellent", in that it's actually overburdened with pointless content. See the three pages of pointless testimonials. Now, testimonial might be a valid propaganda technique, but NOBODY is going to want to waste the time on three flipping pages of it! Likewise the installation pages would/should probably be condensed down as it's prattling off a bunch of information the majority of people aren't going to read.

As much as I tend to rag on the twitter generation TLDR mouth-breathers, simple fact is they're basically the "normal site visitor". We get it, you install tile; that's generally not a subject that requires some 40+ separate pages of information for the "normies".

Which is typical of when sites are built with incompetent trash like Dreamweaver, as is the giant middle finger to usability and accessibility that is the site as a whole. Like the garbage dropdown menus that brought the OP here. Piss poor accessibility and usability, triggers "link overload" in users... and that's before we talk the gibberish to non-existent semantics, willy-nilly layout inconsistencies, absurdly undersized fixed metric fonts, pixel metric layout, etc, etc, etc.

And that's before we talk the Dreamweaver hallmarks of static style in the markup, endless pointless separate scripts for Christmas only knows what, static scripting in the markup, etc, etc... Hardly a shock it wastes 31k of markup and 210k of "eye cans haz teh intarwebs" scripttardery on the home page to deliver a mere 8k of plaintext and six content images -- not even 14k of HTML's job that honestly, I'd kill off most if not all the garbage nonsense the scripting is doing.

In both methodology and implementation, someone basically saddled you up and took you for a ride. Toss it out and start over.

deathshadow, Jan 25, 2021 IP