1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Happy New Year...Given Covid-19, What Inspires You To Create A Life Worth Living?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DaVincisMuse, Jan 2, 2021.

Hello, I'm curious to learn about how people make meaning in their lives and what measurement tools are used to monitor progress toward fulfillment.

So, thank you in advance for your reflective thoughts...

What is most meaningful to you and what does it inspire you to create?

How do you measure your progress toward fulfillment? Is it by money, job titles, number of children, number of vacations, number of posts (lol) or something else and how does it support your progress?

Looking forward with glee to hearing all your answers...

DaVincisMuse, Jan 2, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    All depends on how much coffee I had on that particular morning. More coffee - more inspiration.

qwikad.com, Jan 3, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, "given Covid-19" is a serious limitation in this discussion because it is a fatal disease currently being used by political demagogues to stop people from living their lives in freedom. That said, my inspiration has always been to make a better life for my children than I had as a child. Measuring the success of this is really difficult, of course because "better life" is always in the eyes of the beholder.

I do agree with @qwikad.com in that caffeine makes a big difference in outlook on any particular morning. :)

jrbiz, Jan 3, 2021 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. DaVincisMuse

DaVincisMuse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Qwikad.com, I like your direct route comment "coffee = inspiration"! Just curious what does the coffee inspire you to do or have as a new perspective?

Jrbiz, I appreciate that your children are your inspiration and making a better life for them. In what ways may I ask? And yes, measurement is always a difficult question in qualitative sorts of questions for sure.

I just read a little of your thread armchair dining. Great thread! I'm going to have to give that some thought... I have been a bit of a "foodie" in my past (though I am not particularly fond of that term, perhaps you might have a better one?) and need to think back to something that stood out the most...and post.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2021
    DaVincisMuse, Jan 3, 2021 IP
  5. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I play guitar, sing. I believe I wrote my best songs over several cups of STRRRRONG coffee.

qwikad.com, Jan 3, 2021 IP
  6. DaVincisMuse

Best Answers:
    Fabulous! What style of music/lyrics? My father was a singer and guitarist from the folk tradition.

7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What gives meaning and makes my life worth living is as follows: *in no particular order
    1-Music
    2-Entertainment (theater/shows)
    3-Fine food
    4-Fine wine
    5-Money/success
    6-Friends

P.S. And oh yes, getting my way and winning.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 3, 2021 IP
    DaVincisMuse likes this.
  8. DaVincisMuse

Best Answers:
    Fabulous list! Was travel in there at one point?

9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I guess that "better life" means a higher standard of living, better schools, better career choices, etc. Though my advice to them has consistently been to do what they enjoy and seek out happiness, in whatever form that may take for them.

Great first post on the Armchair Dining thread! I look forward to seeing more of them. I am about to start a miserable diet, so eating vicariously through other's posts will be the best I can do for a while. :)

jrbiz, Jan 3, 2021 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I was born and raised in France, worked in both Italy and the U.S.A. I now reside in Canada, I've traveled enough to last me for awhile and enjoy staying put these days.

DaVincisMuse likes this.
  11. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I live life as normal with my family. Kids arent in private school, they are homeschooled now which is awesome. They have lots of interaction with other kids doing activities like horseback riding, archery, pottery classes, farming and science. Plus since we live in California (commiefornia) the state gives us $2700 a school year per kid I was paying $12,000/school year per kid for private school.
    Just waiting for travel restrictions to lift, we did just go to disneyworld in November. Was awesome. Barely anyone there.

superrichguy, Jan 3, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. DaVincisMuse

Best Answers:
    Do you miss France? I lived in Europe for 12 years and miss it very much, the tempo and the beauty. I understand though about enjoying the world that you have created.

It sounds like your children, their activities, and just having fun with them is a joyful inspiration! Wonderful!!!

13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Ah oui, absolument! My childhood home is in Orleons where my brother still lives. I haven't been back to France since 2015.

14. DaVincisMuse

Best Answers:
    I can feel the history in your words...and perhaps a bit of a yearning... Look forward to sharing more...

15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's always a fun one. I look at photos from large cities and wonder what the point of individual striving is. Ultimately, it is to leave things better than you found them. I'm looking at ways I can volunteer meaningfully and my latest signup is for pill testing at festivals. People need to know what they're taking. The festival season is almost over so that will probably be next summer.

[​IMG]

sarahk, Jan 5, 2021 IP
    DaVincisMuse likes this.
  16. DaVincisMuse

Best Answers:

Thank you for your share. That is a very interesting perspective and question about striving!!! Much to discuss on that topic. Great image for that by the way.

What other ways have you volunteered? What peaks your interest and why? What is the pill testing all about. So many questions...

DaVincisMuse, Jan 5, 2021 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I normally volunteer at international sports events for sports I don't participate in on the assumption that their people will volunteer for mine. Alas not much of that going on right now.

The pill testing is a system where people can get their (illegal) drugs tested, be given a wrist band or tag with a barcode. The test tells them if the drug is kosher or if it's laced with something nasty. If they decide to take the drug and it goes wrong the medics can use the barcode to get more info about what was taken. There's a tacit agreement by police not to interfere on the basis that it's better to get it checked than not.

This summer we've had headlines like this where kids are unconscious within 30 minutes of taking the drug.
    upload_2021-1-6_19-21-34.png
    upload_2021-1-6_19-24-13.png

I'm clean, my kids are cleaner (much to my surprise), but we have friends whose kids have been harmed and I'd like to help that not happen to another family. Plus you get to go to music festivals.

sarahk, Jan 5, 2021 IP
  18. DaVincisMuse

Best Answers:
    Sarahk, It sounds like you have a lot going on and are walking down some interesting paths. Wish you and yours safety and happiness.

DaVincisMuse, Jan 7, 2021 IP
  19. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I am sorry, if this is not bizarre then I don't know what is. Is there a limit to what drugs are considered to be legit during those testings?

qwikad.com, Jan 7, 2021 IP
  20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Most law enforcement efforts look at stopping the supply rather than prosecuting the end user. The concept isn't far fetched.
    Kids are going to take drugs no matter what law enforcement says, so let's try and minimise the risk. My friends were taking drugs when I was a kid, nothing has changed in the meantime.

sarahk, Jan 7, 2021 IP