1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's going on with Bing search results

Discussion in 'Bing' started by verocloud, Jan 5, 2021.

Hi all,

Over the years we see that Google constantly tweaks it's algorithms, but the search results are more or less consistent and predictable. As for Bing - I did not notice many updates and the results usually were like 10 year old SEO techniques still working. Now I noticed that Bing results are completely scattered with low traffic sites on the top (it's localized search). What are your experiences at this point?

verocloud, Jan 5, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Jan 5, 2021 IP
  3. verocloud

verocloud Member

Best Answers:
    If so, then this forum section may be deleted. In no, then you are posting OT.

Some smarter people use different sources to look for information. I have visitors from Bing coming to my sites.

verocloud, Jan 5, 2021 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    "Smarter people" - that's a good one! :)

Their numbers keep going down. I will not be surprised if 5 years from now it'll be around 1%.

qwikad.com, Jan 5, 2021 IP
  5. Kaloyan SEO

Kaloyan SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bing is "dancing" less than Google and to be honest, many of the projects that I am working on are getting reasonably good amount of traffic.
    I think you should check Bing Webmaster tools, I noticed that there are some new tools added and might come useful for getting higher rankings.

Kaloyan SEO, Jan 5, 2021 IP
  6. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never even considered Bing in my equations. They don’t bring in the traffic like Google does. I did have a couple sites really get the DuckDuckGo traffic tho. Ha. I don’t know how as I had never heard of them before.

superrichguy, Jan 5, 2021 IP
  7. John Bidness

John Bidness Peon

Best Answers:
    bing, like Internet Explorer, is a very terrible product from Microsoft

John Bidness, Jun 16, 2021 IP
  8. JohnScott3

JohnScott3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing Search is good. It may not bring a lot of traffic to a website as google would, but it all depends on what the client wants.
    There are contents which can easily be found on Bing search than on google.
    Yeah, I noticed last year that many low traffic sites were ranking above high traffic websites with high domain authority.
    Personally I don't see anything wrong with that, in fact is a good thing as it levels the playground for everyone without bias.
    Which means with Bing search, new websites can rank easily and start getting appreciable traffic.

As to why low traffic websites rank above higher traffic websites for a given keyword, I will really like to know why and how.

JohnScott3, Jul 8, 2021 IP