1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much COVID has effected your business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bestwriter, Oct 11, 2020.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The clear experience that we are having here is that the ruling class does not are a whit about your plight. In my town and state not a single town or state employee has been laid off or ever missed a paycheck during the shudown, whether in the office or not. This, despite plummeting tax revenues due to the lockdown. So, because, in fact, for most, it has been a paid vacation to stay home, they could not care less about the folks who have to work for a living and who rely on a solid economy to survive. That is a big part of the problem.

If there was a law that said that all local and state government employees would have to stay home without pay during any lockdown, the "science" would soon change dramatically.

jrbiz, Nov 21, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  2. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I live in the United Kingdom and the politicians here are all rotten to the core. We have millions losing their jobs, millions more having their wages cut, millions of children going to bed hungry, and what did our UK politicians do? They gave themselves a pay rise.

Dean_Saliba, Nov 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    These bureaucrat's co-conspirators, of course, are the low-information sheeple that allow them to stay in power due to ignorance and general cluelessness. If the government said that standing outside and hopping on one foot while chewing gum would save you from Covid-19, you would not be able to find a space on the sidewalk to get to your business. Meanwhile, the bureaucrats would be having parties, going to the hair salon, etc., while silently laughing at how well their false narratives and blatant propaganda works to keep the unwashed masses under control and dependent on government. Don't for a minute think that the little despots with power are not loving the newfound power that they have accumulated due to the virus lockdowns. My guess is that they will begin hoping for a new virus every year since this has worked out so well for them. China and other enemies of the West may oblige them, of course, now that they have seen how gullible the sheeple are.

jrbiz, Nov 22, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You have done an excellent job of surviving the lockdown destruction. Your business will be that much better when the economy comes back from this nightmare.

jrbiz, Dec 15, 2020 IP
  5. Jennifer thomas

Jennifer thomas Peon

Best Answers:
    Covid has affected every business. But world is slowly recovering from it. I work at in a Greenland recycling company and now we go for collections taking all the safety measures

Jennifer thomas, Dec 28, 2020 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So, you STERILIZE the recyclables BEFORE you collect them? How does that work?

mmerlinn, Dec 28, 2020 IP
  7. daveforever

daveforever Peon

Best Answers:
    On one hand I work in Telecommunications, IT and Cyber Security. To that extent I am blessed that I work in an industry that is still able to function and is in demand.

On the other hand, I work exclusively business-to-business and therefore we suffer from a depressed market and customer financial issues as much as anyone else. We've certainly lost work due to customer financial troubles from COVID.

It's challenging here in the UK, and I wish all of you the best for 2021.

daveforever, Jan 23, 2021 IP
  8. walker987

walker987 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is starting to look bad and it is very stressful!

walker987, Jan 26, 2021 IP
  9. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    Starting?

Is your name Rumpelstiltskin?

mmerlinn, Jan 26, 2021 IP
  10. RobertJays

RobertJays Member

Best Answers:
    Not really. I'm a webmaster, so even before the whole covid story, I've been working remotely. However, covid changed audience preferences in some ways.

RobertJays, Jan 28, 2021 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Can you elaborate a bit on the changed audience preferences you have observed?

jrbiz, Jan 28, 2021 IP
  12. MichaelGasser17

MichaelGasser17 Peon

Best Answers:
    As a small business marketing and advertising agency, we saw a ton of fluctuations. Our saving grace is that we are spread across about 25 industries instead of focusing on just one area or market. Some similar agencies that were only focused in travel/hospitality (on in particular in our city only services cruise lines) had to shut their doors for good, so we are grateful to not be in that boat (terrible pun). We ended up seeing similar revenue to 2019 but it felt like about 50% more work.

MichaelGasser17, Jan 28, 2021 IP
  13. Cookiemodels.com

Cookiemodels.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Alot, we had over 40k in refunds to do for "non essential business model". One of the heaviest years yet.

Cookiemodels.com, Jan 31, 2021 IP
  14. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    Any business that had to give over 41,000 refunds has one hell of HUGE customer base. Do you own General Motors, Ford, Fecesbook, or some other HUGE business?

mmerlinn, Jan 31, 2021 IP
  15. Cookiemodels.com

Cookiemodels.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Real estate.

Cookiemodels.com, Jan 31, 2021 IP
  16. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    Then you must own the largest real estate firm in the world. And you must be richer than Bill Gates who owns more U.S. farmland than anyone else.

mmerlinn, Jan 31, 2021 IP
  17. WilliamCohen

WilliamCohen Peon

Best Answers:
    I think what he meant here is that behaviour of the market has shifted. With people staying more at home their usage of devices that can access the internet has increased. Most likely people are more engaged in buying their stuff from the internet or getting their news and daily interactions from it.

WilliamCohen, Feb 17, 2021 IP
  18. sumans

sumans Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah on the pandemic days from Covid-19 all the businesses struggled to get profit and some are directly got profit, I am run a business providing an ISO Certification in Singapore for the business management process to analyze the GAP and audit the whole process of the service or products. now the business is turned to a normal position from the pandemic.

sumans, Feb 17, 2021 IP
  19. alex365

alex365 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My company went bankrupt, we have more than 50 employees. It was a good lesson to create a company with enough reserves to be able to survive.

alex365, Feb 20, 2021 IP
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear this. What did the company do?

jrbiz, Feb 20, 2021 IP