1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest Sci-Fi 3D Miniature Company - Sol Prima Miniatures - $40 US

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by davidcubed, Dec 11, 2020.

1. davidcubed

davidcubed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @fajarfaqih - I really like Concept 4 and Concept 8. The font looks great, the S looks neat. I'd love to see them both on a dark background to get a good sense of how they'd look but otherwise I don't have any other feedback for you at this time.

@scorpionagency - The arrow with the bigger part aiming backwards doesn't really work for me. It feels off. I also am not a fan of the M and A in Prima with that font. I think it's a neat take to do something with the I though.

@me2_me2 - #13 - Wow, this is a really neat concept though I'm getting some Quake 3 logo vibes from it (not entirely bad). The one you did on the dark background with the yellow star and the star trail is amazing. I am not entirely sold on the main font you used. The S is a bit hard to read (almost looks like an 8). Great concept and thank you for your submission!

#14 - IT's okay, but it makes it so the O looks a bit tight in there and feels a bit tacked on. If the dot was over the I in miniatures, it might have tied it together better, but I think your other concept is stronger.

@Ger15 - Kind of an SP stylized concept happening, right? Looks cool, looks interesting. I like the font you used for Prima except the P and R look too wide. I'd love to see the logo done in Yellow instead of the blue to see how that would look.

@Zero Design - The typography definitely says "future!" which is great. The italics on the word Miniatures gives some motion, as does how you structured the S logo. There is a dark bit in the first two concepts of the S along the diagonal bar that don't read well for me. I was really loving the yellow/blue one but that dark bar just feels off. Could you try to make it so it's just the blue for the main part of the S (go a shade ligher if you have to) with yellow ends so it has the same folded look as the black and white version but with the yellow at each end (kind of like energy). I'd also like to see a version on a darker background please.

@logos4all - I like your font choice though the L looks too long to me. The brand colour and light grey works really well. Not sure I feel the logo though. It's kind of like an S surrounded by lower case r's?

@puttu - Not a fan of the font, or changing the O into the logo like that. I would take it out of the O and have it as it's own thing. Also, a skull doesn't really convey what we are doing, but thank you for your submission.

@getdomain4u - What a fun logo submission! The 3D effect, the star in the P. Very cool. It looks a bit like the 3D effect isn't balanced completely right though as the M looks bigger than the S in Miniatures. But I love the effect and think it'd still read well fairly small. Great job!

@optrader - The idea of some kind of space gate or whatever is great, but I don't know that the execution stands up real well. The gradient seems oddly positioned (radial might make more sense?) The text/fonts don't really work for me either a much more simple Miniatures would be better, and the gradient on Sol Prima isn't ideal.

davidcubed, Dec 14, 2020 IP
    me2_me2 likes this.
  2. me2_me2

me2_me2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for the feedback. This variation with other font style. Let me know if you want to edit anything
    [​IMG]

me2_me2, Dec 14, 2020 IP
  3. optrader

optrader Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    SolPrimaMinis7.jpg
    SolPrimaMinis2.jpg
    SolPrimaMinis6.jpg
    SolPrimaMinis3.jpg
    SolPrimaMinis3b.jpg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    optrader, Dec 14, 2020 IP
  4. Ger15

Ger15 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    SOL-PRIMA.jpg

Ger15, Dec 14, 2020 IP
  5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Smyrl, Dec 14, 2020 IP
    getdomain4u likes this.
  6. me2_me2

me2_me2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    me2_me2, Dec 14, 2020 IP
  7. fajarfaqih

fajarfaqih Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

fajarfaqih, Dec 14, 2020 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Looks like it's inspired by this: https://99designs.com/profiles/akirax3/designs/1007292
    Make sure you're happy with the similarity.

sarahk, Dec 14, 2020 IP
    fajarfaqih, getdomain4u and me2_me2 like this.
  9. getdomain4u

getdomain4u Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

getdomain4u, Dec 14, 2020 IP
  10. justinedevera98

justinedevera98 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    sol_prima_minis_6.jpg sol_prima_minis_6.jpg

justinedevera98, Dec 14, 2020 IP
  11. agenk

agenk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

agenk, Dec 15, 2020 IP
    third_vertex likes this.
  12. Blue Tamaraw

Blue Tamaraw Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Blue Tamaraw, Dec 15, 2020 IP
  13. optrader

optrader Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    SolPrimaMinis8.jpg
    SolPrimaMinis9.jpg
    SolPrimaMinis10.jpg
    SolPrimaMinis11.jpg

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    optrader, Dec 15, 2020 IP
  14. Zero Design

Zero Design Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    SP-01.png

SP-03.png

SP-06.png

SP-02.png

Zero Design, Dec 15, 2020 IP
  15. justinedevera98

justinedevera98 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    sol_prima_minis_7.jpg sol_prima_minis_7.jpg

justinedevera98, Dec 15, 2020 IP
  16. FlashD

FlashD Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    spm01.jpg spm2.jpg spm3.jpg spm4.jpg

FlashD, Dec 15, 2020 IP
  17. FlashD

FlashD Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    spm5.jpg spm6.jpg spm7.jpg spm8.jpg spm10.jpg

FlashD, Dec 15, 2020 IP
  18. davidcubed

davidcubed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks everyone for pointing out the similarity between the design from @me2_me2 and the Galactic Colonies design. I really appreciate it. I do see a lot in common and a few differences. I think it is different enough that if it won, I'd be okay with that.

@me2_me2 - Thanks for changing up the font though I feel like the M is too wide in the one you've selected this time. Overall, a great concept and I appreciate your submission.

@optrader - 1.) The fonts you have chosen aren't working for me. But the more I look at the logo, the more I like it. My only concern is the lines in the logo might be lost if it was resized small, and then it wouldn't read well at all. 2.) Same font issues, cool logo, not much else to say right now. 3.) Not sure what it is supposed to be, but it doesn't work for me. 4.) Can't use copyrighted content.

@Ger15 - Looks good. No feedback at this time.

@fajarfaqih - It might seem overly simplistic but the stylized S in your top concept looks cool to me. Especially with the different background versions you provided. :)

@getdomain4u - A little bit of everything going on with this top concept, eh? I don't like it as much as your 3D one that you submitted before.

@justinedevera98 - The text looks okay, the wings are okay, but the thing between the wings doesn't really work for me, and I'd love to see how you'd do it in colour.

@agenk - I always want to write agentk... Anyways, this concept really works for me. Not sure about the font for Miniatures but you have some cool things going on with this logo treatment that I really like. If you have time, some different font groups would be greatly appreciated. Great submission. Thanks!

@Blue Tamaraw - The effect might look good in film, but as a static logo it loses something. I like how bold you made Sol Prima and giving it a 3d effect was cool, but otherwise, this submission needs a fair bit of work.

@optrader - Post 33 feedback - 1.) Not feeling the logo or the type or the logo in the O. 2.) Logo here looks a bit more interesting and less cluttered, but other issues are taking away from it. 3.) I think this goes too basic and it might sound strange, but the circle doesn't look circular in this one... 4.) We've stripped it two steps beyond where you should have stopped.

@Zero Design - This first one with the blue and yello looks really cool and even more so on the dark background where you've extended the yellow coming off of the S. Great submission.

@justinedevera98 - Post 35 feedback - The S looks squished next to the P. The type here looks okay, but the L in Sol looks too wide. The colours don't seem quite right either.

@FlashD - The TM made me laugh. The font for Sol Prima looks okay, but I think Miniatures needs something different. 1.) The logo itself is cool, but to have two stars in a planet like that is a bit weird. 2.) Prima means 1 so having two stars seems weird, but one wouldn't work either probably unless it was big and stylized. 3.) You did one star here but the triangle shape doesn't feel right with the extra line above the text inside the triangle. Post 37 feedback - It reads a bit busy, and I worry that smaller it won't read at all. It's a shame because the one with the white lines and blue background looks kinda cool because once you can see the S, you can't not see it.

davidcubed, Dec 15, 2020 IP
    fajarfaqih and sarahk like this.
  19. fajarfaqih

fajarfaqih Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

fajarfaqih, Dec 15, 2020 IP
  20. FlashD