1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sports in Your Country - 2020

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jrbiz, Jun 26, 2020.

Thought that it would be interesting to hear how professional sports are doing in your area. Here in the U.S. it appears as if Baseball will be starting with a drastically reduced schedule and no fans in the stadiums. American football is also planning to open for practice in a month or so in anticipation of a fairly full game schedule in the Fall, though probably without fans in the seats. I guess that TV revenues are better than nothing. Have not heard much on basketball or hockey, but they have more time to figure things out. What is going on in your neck of the woods?

jrbiz, Jun 26, 2020 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wasn't there a submitted schedule for basketball that was rejected? Think I saw that but I'm not sure what association. College comes to mind.

Racing is another activity with no spectators in the stands I think. The Indy 500 was re-scheduled from Memorial Day to sometime in August.

JoeSpirit, Jun 26, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Good point, I forgot that NASCAR led the way in major sports re-opening. I thought that the NBA players rejected an offer from the owners. May still happen, of course, as they have a bit more time until the traditional start of the season. My limited understanding is that baseball is only going to have a 60-game season and with some additional rules to tweak tie scores and other potential issues. There was a baseball writer in the local paper saying that with the shortened season and the rules changes, it wasn't going to be worth watching at all. I don't really watch baseball (or much of any sports) so I will not likely know the difference, but I know that sports matter a lot to a lot of people, so it will be interesting to see how things go.

jrbiz, Jun 26, 2020 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just heard this morning that this year's running of the 500 will have fans in the stands but at 50% capacity. I went to that race for 20 years and part of the excitement is the crowd.

The only sport I pay a lot of attention to these days is football. It looks like they plan to be starting out on schedule but I haven't heard about any adjustments for the virus thing. This year I'll have to examine my loyalty to the sport if the league is endorsing kneeling during the anthem as I've heard. I don't personally consider that an appropriate way to protest anything.

JoeSpirit, Jun 27, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's a real shame when politics rears its ugly head in any form of entertainment. Humans seek entertainment as a distraction specifically to forget about problems, troubles, etc. The problem is when entertainers (whether athletes, singers, cartoonists, etc.) begin to believe their own hype and think that the great unwashed masses are hanging on their every pronouncement. Throw the ball, sing the tune, read the script, whatever, and shut up and be grateful for whatever talents you are being paid handsomely for.

jrbiz, Jun 27, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and Spoiltdiva like this.
  6. zorancn

zorancn Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not very fixed at one location, but starting from the Balkan where football, handball and basketball are full of talents, as well in Europe except in Italy handball is also one of the most liked sports.

zorancn, Dec 14, 2020 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I grew up watching hockey. When I meet Canadians close to my age we instantly have something to talk about as back in the 70's Canadians and Russians (the Soviet's Red Army team) fiercely fought each other. I find it interesting that most Americans don't like watching hockey. For them it's hard to keep track of what's going on (the biggest complaint: the puck is too small).

Any American hockey fans on here?

qwikad.com, Dec 14, 2020 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you want to talk 1970's hockey, I can do so. I was a fan of the Big Bad Bruins back then with the likes of Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Derek Sanderson, etc. And the Montreal Canadiens were our biggest rivals back then. I went to Boston Garden (now re-named) quite a few times in the 1970's to watch them play live. However, I have not really followed hockey since then, so our discussions would be more about reminiscing than about discussing the current hockey season. :)

jrbiz, Dec 14, 2020 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    True. I am not following hockey much either anymore. Funny you mentioned it, Boston Bruins is the team I usually root for.

qwikad.com, Dec 14, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. fotokiz

fotokiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Football in first and basketball, but tennis for a time because of the Novak Djokovic..

fotokiz, Dec 18, 2020 IP
  11. frozunrose

frozunrose Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basketball is favorite here.its a passion for every one.Finding best basketball gears and following basketball player,s moves is a best hobby here at Boston.I am passionate about the game too so i made a site for basketball lovers to find the best basketball gears easily. outdoorbasketballshop.com

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    frozunrose, Jan 2, 2021 IP
  12. brack nelson

brack nelson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Baseball.

brack nelson, Jan 9, 2021 IP
  13. filippou

filippou Peon

Best Answers:
    I like football, basketball and volleyball

filippou, Feb 22, 2021 IP