1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PLEASE READ: For those who are using prepaid cards with paypal >>>>>

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Xcentric Media, Nov 4, 2008.

If you're currently using a prepaid debit card as your "bank account" with paypal, or have thought of doing so, you may be in for a shock when you wake up one day and discover that it's been deleted from your paypal account. Although I'm not an official paypal spokesperson, I thought I'd share some important news to those that are wanting to use prepaid cards as their bank account in paypal. Apparently paypal is no longer accepting ANY pre-paid mastercard/visa cards owned by MetaBank, to be used as your bank account in your paypal profile.

Up until very recently, they we're allowing customers to add such cards in replacement of traditional bank accounts, since these cards offer direct deposit capabilities by providing a real routing and account number. Paypal users could at least withdraw funds from their paypal account and have them deposited on their prepaid card. However, it's come to my attention that paypal is no longer accepting the majority of these "prepaid" cards due to the high number of illegal activities associated with these particular accounts. I say majority, because 80% of these prepaid cards are actually all driven by the same company; a bank called MetaBank. I've received this information directly from a lead supervisor of paypal, and he's confirmed that they are in the process of pulling and removing these cards from any paypal account that has such a card listed as their bank account. Obviously, this really sucks for a lot of people. I know that there are many people who are simply unable to open a traditional bank account and these prepaid cards have been a life saver for many folks.

So really, you can just safely assume that any card operated by Metabank will not work. In most cases, just look at the very bottom of the homepage of card's website, and you should see the bank that is issuing the card. Example of cards that will NO longer work are: netspend, accountnow, allaccess, espree, buyright etc There are probably over 40 more "brands" of prepaid cards that are issued by Metabank, and unfortunately all of them will no longer work. However, the paypal representative went on to say that although they are denying the use of metabank cards, there's a couple prepaid debit cards that they are still accepting. If you need one, I recommend searching for prepaid cards that are not issued by metabank. Or, feel free to send me a pm and I can tell you the one that I have had success with.

I hope this post helps out any paypal users that had questions in regards to this issue, and prevents any potential headaches.

Cheers!

Xcentric Media, Nov 4, 2008 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  2. stmiki

stmiki Peon

Best Answers:
    If you aren't abiding by PayPal's Terms of Service than you shouldn't be using PayPal in the first place so don't expect sympathy from many legit users

stmiki, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  3. Xcentric Media

Xcentric Media Peon

Best Answers:
    Who exactly are you directing your comment to?

Either you're not familiar with paypal procedures, or you simply misunderstood my entire post. My post had absolutely nothing to do with not abiding with paypal's terms. In fact, I took the time to post the above info so that users will actually ABIDE to the terms. Paypal allows it's users to add certain prepaid cards as their confirmed bank account; they simply are not allowing particular prepaid cards to be added anymore. (ie: metabank)

They still accept and allow users to add a prepaid card in replace of a bank account if: a.) it's not Metabank and b.) has a real routing & account number. Doing so is not against their terms.

Xcentric Media, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  4. AmaliaWond

AmaliaWond Peon

Best Answers:
    .... uncalled for?

AmaliaWond, Dec 10, 2020 IP
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    .....a bit like you dragging up a 12 year old thread?

malky66, Dec 11, 2020 IP
  6. AmaliaWond

AmaliaWond Peon

Best Answers:
    Yet here you are....

AmaliaWond, Dec 12, 2020 IP
  7. AmaliaWond

AmaliaWond Peon

Best Answers:
    What were you doing up at 2:22?

AmaliaWond, Dec 12, 2020 IP
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It was 8:22am when I posted Einstein, believe it or not we're not all in the same timezone.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    malky66, Dec 12, 2020 IP
    Smyrl likes this.