1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The new way of working during covid-19

Discussion in 'General Business' started by minhphuonghoang, Nov 17, 2020.

1. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    And your husband felt blessed

qwikad.com, Nov 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Probably not, he's the one that likes to dissect every little thing. There is zero point in telling him what I do all day.

sarahk, Nov 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and qwikad.com like this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, circumstances matter. I have a finished office in our basement and my wife has her office in a spare bedroom on the second floor. We can go quite a while without even seeing each other during the day. But we had this set up for decades because both of us have pretty much worked from home most of our careers. I am thinking that if this work from home trend continues, it might change the housing/rental markets a bit. Home office space might become more important in one's search.

jrbiz, Nov 21, 2020 IP
    cronik likes this.
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Around here builders have been advertising home office space in the new homes they are building for several months now. Some are also advertising adding stand alone home offices on existing properties.

mmerlinn, Nov 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and cronik like this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A key consideration is whether you be having visitors to your office. Among our commercial cabin clients, many are therapists (massage, mh, etc) or teachers (mostly music) who don't want their clients walking through their personal space. An extra bedroom may not afford that privacy.

sarahk, Nov 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. minhphuonghoang

minhphuonghoang Peon

Best Answers:
    Because we will record every behavior of the user and establish an indicator system for his behavior. For example: a person who has painted 1,000 pictures will be a painter. So in the end, the experience carried by every user is real. You can decide whether to continue talking with a user by looking at the information of a user.

minhphuonghoang, Nov 23, 2020 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, you are going to gather private behavior data of your members and share it freely with other members? I am not sure that I would sign up for such a platform. Beyond that, behaviors on any platform can be faked by scammers; how would you prevent that?

jrbiz, Nov 23, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    They all do this now. You prolly saw memes about people talking loud to their phones or around their TVs what they want for Christmas so that every site they visit would offer them that at a discount.

Your toaster is spying on you too!

qwikad.com, Nov 23, 2020 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but do business buyers want their behaviors tracked and shared so that salespeople can descend on them en masse? I do not see that happening. Look at linkedin: it is the wolves (salespeople) that make all the noise, outreach, etc., and attempt to network with the sheep (buyers.) Rarely works and the sheep are very careful to not engage with most everyone on the site. I don't see them wanting to "advertise" their behaviors on a new platform and have a larger pack of wolves after them. BTW, I am both a wolf and sheep in my day job. And I am contacted by multiple wolves every day on linkedin, the vast majority of which I have no interest in. I do not look for sheep on linkedin because I know that they are already overwhelmed by wolves on the platform and I do not want my company to be labeled as just another spammer by these folks.

BTW, we are getting a brand new, old-fashioned style toaster (2 slice) like we had in the 1980's. Ever since having switched to toaster ovens, the toast has not been so good. Going to be under the tree this year and I look forward to a good, old-fashioned piece of rye bread toast with butter shortly thereafter. If it makes great toast, I am sort of okay with it spying on me, I guess, though I have embedded software engineer friends who could easily disable such nonsense if I asked them to.

jrbiz, Nov 23, 2020 IP
  10. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is a really god idea but don't you think there are platforms similar already that may close this gab?

fionix, Nov 25, 2020 IP
  11. minhphuonghoang

minhphuonghoang Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you give me some examples? Thanks.

First of all, we will only collect data voluntarily shared by the user, which is used to prove that the user does have these experiences. Secondly, we will not share these data with other users, but we will use these data to give users a label, such as "painter, musician, programmer" and so on.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2020
    minhphuonghoang, Nov 25, 2020 IP
  12. poseidondigital

poseidondigital Peon

Best Answers:
    great idea . it's usefull for people and for you.social media advertising sydney

poseidondigital, Nov 29, 2020 IP
  13. Xrp

Xrp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice idea! lets see how it goes :D

Xrp, Nov 30, 2020 IP
  14. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been working at home since September and there are still minimal workforce outside in our country and the other side is work from home like me, but sadly there are millions of Filipinos are jobless since the pandemic. I hope it will be new hope for the upcoming 2021.

KylieSweet, Dec 1, 2020 IP
  15. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    From my perspective, families with children are really struggling when both parents are working from home as well. Children in younger grades particularly who are not super computer literate and were not using computers in the classroom are certainly falling way behind. In the school system my family youngsters attend they only get instructions two days a week . Have a play day type waste of time on Wed and are to do homework assigned say on Monday or Tuesday on Thursday and Friday or vice versa. The children will be lucky if the end up only a year behind.

Teachers that had no training in teaching online have certainly faced challenges with little or no perperation.

Many good teachers have quit teaching.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Smyrl, Mar 31, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yet, it is the teachers and their unions that are fighting re-opening the schools around here. Constant coverage of parents groups, kids groups, etc. who are begging for schools to be opened again.

jrbiz, Mar 31, 2021 IP
  17. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    A friend of mine has taught all this school year in a small private school. They have only had one case of Covid this year.

Parents here had the option of inschool or remote learning all this year however I just read in the paper that a school sixty miles from here suspends remote learning and requires students return to campuses in April.

I look for Texas to see huge spikes in Covid since the border is being overrun with unaccompanied minors with Covid. A facitily that normally would hold 1000 and should hold many less here to social distance has 4000 in it.

Smyrl, Mar 31, 2021 IP
  18. fencerstars

fencerstars Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If vaccines were rolled out effectively, do you think there will be still a demand for a work from home set-up?

fencerstars, Apr 5, 2021 IP
  19. DaEmma

DaEmma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The Covid 19 pandemic has affected all business worldwide, I had problems to keep my websites business, I got a new job programing (working on home) through video interview, payment is not that great but it's better than nothing for now.

DaEmma, Apr 7, 2021 IP