1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The new way of working during covid-19

Discussion in 'General Business' started by minhphuonghoang, Nov 17, 2020.

Although some companies have tried to get employees to work from home before covid-19, covid-19 has accelerated this transition. Almost all companies have been attempting the style of remote working more or less. I believe this is a trend. With the development of the Internet, a company's business can be extended to every corner of the world. It also requires employees from all over the world to work together.

Traditional companies will invite candidates to the office during recruitment and conduct face-to-face interviews. This year, many people found jobs through video interviews and other methods. I am wondering whether it is possible to reduce the cost of communication.

When interviewers interview a candidate, they are often examining the authenticity of the candidate's past experience. If there is a way to prove that the candidates' past experiences are all true, then the interview cost may drop a lot.

After much thinking, we developed a transparent and decentralized cooperation platform. Here, everyone has a unique identity. The experience and value carried by this identity cannot be forged and tampered with. So people can not only find their partners and colleagues but also truly cooperate and build projects together. (We also want to provide a no-code tool for people to build projects based on blockchain visually.)

What do you think about this platform? Really need some feedback.

minhphuonghoang, Nov 17, 2020 IP
  2. Tim Werfel

Tim Werfel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    great idea , hopefully will work your platform ,try to look for clients.

Tim Werfel, Nov 18, 2020 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing this was meant to include a link otherwise why would reddit have deleted it?

upload_2020-11-19_8-0-42.png

But work from home is here to stay. Workers need to be compensated for providing their own office space. What you can do during a temporary lockdown shouldn't become the norm. We buy homes that suit our lifestyle, and most of us don't have a spare room lying vacant that can become a full-time office so we need to move house, rent or buy a bigger home and cope with the additional cost.

sarahk, Nov 18, 2020 IP
  4. minhphuonghoang

minhphuonghoang Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. If you are interested I can send you our video demo.

minhphuonghoang, Nov 18, 2020 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    This is a discussion thread not a sales thread.

sarahk, Nov 18, 2020 IP
  6. minhphuonghoang

minhphuonghoang Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it's always good to have an option. And if you have a few abroad colleagues and cannot interview them face-to-face this will be useful(I am not saying a face-to-face interview can definitely see a person's true ability but it's better than an online interview). Moreover, some people want to find partners and build a project anonymously, and yes we are trying to build a creditworthy cooperate and anonymous platform.
    And yes we want to show more people about our website but links are not allowed here so I just looking for feedback by posting text.

7. minhphuonghoang

minhphuonghoang Peon

Best Answers:
    I know so I asked first and will not send any links without permission.

8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Asking is selling. You've already been banned by reddit.

You started a thread to discuss working from home. Stick to the topic.

sarahk, Nov 18, 2020 IP
  9. minhphuonghoang

minhphuonghoang Peon

Best Answers:
    Allright.

10. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its a very good idea as its very trendy with this pandemic and it will be useful for people also

Spartan14, Nov 18, 2020 IP
  11. Hely55

Hely55 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that now is the time that this platform will be very useful.
    In fact, many companies now have to work remotely to continue to grow. And if in the spring it was perceived as a temporary measure, now we know that it will continue for a long time.
    And I think that many people will continue to work remotely after quarantine because they will get used to it.
    Personally, I know several companies that started working remotely in April because of the circumstances but announced in early autumn that they would close their offices forever and would continue to work only remotely because it was so convenient for them.

Hely55, Nov 19, 2020 IP
  12. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    I think the pandemic has accelerated the way things are going i.e., more and more people working from home. Personally, I don't believe there is a right or wrong answer on this. Many will have probably loved being able to work from home (especially if they have a young family, though correct me if I am wrong!). Then there are so many who want and need the 'human touch' as do we all, going to work and being able to interact with fellow colleagues. So, is it a good thing? Maybe. Do I think working from home will carry on as an option? Probably. I believe many employers will have seen the benefits especially to their bottom lines in terms of office costs, gas, electrical bills, rents, now this one is probably a big game changer for them. That said, there will be many industries craving to get their people back. Either way, this pandemic has definitely changed things, and for many sadly with the worse possible outcome. This is my own opinion, you are more than welcome to comment either way. Harvey.

Harvey Wolf, Nov 19, 2020 IP
  13. minhphuonghoang

minhphuonghoang Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes that's exactly why we are developing this. People find they don't need an office anymore.

minhphuonghoang, Nov 19, 2020 IP
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand how this is different from Skype, which has been around for many years. People have their own identities and can find colleagues and friends to connect with and it has video and phone conferencing.

Anyway, remote working has been greatly expanded and a good portion of it will continue beyond the virus shutdown. I have found that the greatest resistance to remote work comes from the weak, old time managers who do not trust their employees and think that all work is like an assembly line that must be in-person and monitored all of the time. As this shrinking group of Luddites ages out of the workforce, I think that we will see more and more remote work opportunities. In fact, I would like to see the tree-huggers take this up in a big way. Think of all of the gasoline that is not being burned and sending carbon into the atmosphere as work commutes are minimized.

I agree that there should be compensation for an in-home office, but that also needs to be balanced with the savings that come from not having to commute in. Personally, I am saving a lot of gas and car maintenance money by working from home which I have done for decades as a sales guy. And, here in the U.S., I could take a tax deduction for a home office, if I wanted to.

That said, someone needs to figure out business conferences. I was on a virtual one with NASA yesterday and was asked for my thoughts about virtual conferencing. My comment, as a sales and marketing professional who often is the sponsor for such events, was that a big part of the value of a conference is not in its meetings, sessions, keynotes, etc. It is in my sales staff's ability to connect with someone interesting in the elevator, in the hallway on the way to the next meeting, etc.. that is often the most valuable source of leads and sales opportunities. The virtual conference company that figures out this aspect will make a killing in the marketplace.

jrbiz, Nov 20, 2020 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We can get tax deductions too, but for many people working from home permanently means they need a bigger house. The increased rent/mortgage plus fees may eclipse any savings from the commute depending on distance, vehicle type etc. We rent out portable cabins to people but they only work for people in older style homes, the new homes being built don't have space for one in the front or back yard they're crammed in so tight. Financially they work, so there's that.

sarahk, Nov 20, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. luna grover

luna grover Peon

Best Answers:
    great idea . it's usefull for people and for you

luna grover, Nov 20, 2020 IP
  17. minhphuonghoang

minhphuonghoang Peon

Best Answers:
    Your point is very interesting. The difference between us and skype is that our platform has social functions. You can create a project with strangers you have never met before and finally complete it.
    You mentioned that in your sales experience, your customers may come from anyone you meet in your daily life. Am I right? This is an aspect that we have not considered before. Thank you for providing us with this part of the information. We will think about how to add this feature to our products.

minhphuonghoang, Nov 20, 2020 IP
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Just an FYI: I have been working from a home office for decades and when I first started, I asked my accountant at the time about claiming a tax deduction for my home office. He STRONGLY advised against it because it apparently is a red flag for the IRS and they love to audit people making such claims. Now, that was 30 years ago and I have a different accountant and have never brought the subject up to him, but he also has never suggested that I take this option. There is also an aspect to taking a home office deduction that affects your ultimate tax situation when you sell the house (your tax savings are applied, somehow, against the original "basis" of the house and it could increase your capital gains tax liability at that point.) I am no tax wizard, so YMMV, but my point is that the deduction is not all that it is cut out to be, anyway.

There is absolutely an issue for people with small homes, apartments, etc., who have no room for a permanent office. The only thought that I have about that would be some sort of VR technology that sets a worker up in a virtual office while they sit at their kitchen table or on the sofa. If it was done well (some sort of helmet controlling vision and sound,) it might be possible for people to be working side-by-side on the sofa to feel like they are in a private office.

jrbiz, Nov 21, 2020 IP
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I occasionally get solicited by strangers on Skype. Mostly scams and spammers and I never respond. Can you describe the "social functions" a bit more? If it is just some sort of community chat or forum, why would anyone get on it to find business partners? How could I trust a stranger and create a project with him or her?

No, I do not find customers on the street. I sell to businesses. I might find a new prospect at a trade show or conference and the standard method of connecting with someone like that would be on linkedin. I suppose if you had an easier way for me and a prospect to exchange information and be connected, it would be interesting, but getting that off the ground will be difficult. I know that just about every businessperson is on linkedin, so suggesting we connect on it makes sense. If had to ask someone to connect with me on this new XYZ service and they never heard of it, I might have wasted my opportunity and would have to default back to linkedin, anyway.

Let me point out what I think might be your biggest opportunity which is my comment about side networking at virtual conferences. If you could figure that out and get that into your system, you would have a real winner.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    jrbiz, Nov 21, 2020 IP
  20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I follow a twitter AITA account and the number of threads that are basically "why can't my wife keep toddlers quiet all day?" are hilarious.

I shared a bedroom-turned-into-an-office with my husband. Eventually, I moved to another part of the house (privileged, I know) because I heard every phone conversation, proofed every document etc and there was NOTHING left to talk about at the end of the day.

sarahk, Nov 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.