1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you addicted to your phone?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Spoiltdiva, Feb 20, 2020.

1. ksafimova

ksafimova Peon

Best Answers:
    Phone addiction is my big problem. I think like many people of the 21st century. I wonder if someone else was interested in the manual for their phone like me? In general, now it is really impossible to live without him, it has become an important part of our life. Have you noticed how responsibly we even choose a phone? The camera and all that is important to us, because we need to take a photo on Instagram and so on. When I applied for a job, I was asked for my Instagram to see my photos and the number of followers. This was unexpected and once again confirmed that I cannot live without a phone.

ksafimova, Sep 30, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe with our love of phones we give up some of our privacy. If you ever were to get into trouble with the police for example, they have the right (in many countries) to seize your phone and get into everything.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 30, 2020 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    While I really dislike hiring companies that want unfettered access to people's private lives (e.g., by snooping around their social media, etc.) there are some cases when it is warranted. About ten years ago, I accepted a management position which would involve the company sending me large amounts of money on a monthly basis to pay for a good-sized staff (15 or so people). They hired private investigators to visit local courthouses and did all kinds of intense background checks and a day's worth of psychological testing on me before I got the job. Most intense scrutiny I ever had but it was warranted. However, for most positions, it is hard to see why they need deep dives into people's personal lives.

A few years ago, because I was mortified that I had butt-dialed a former colleague that I never wanted to speak with again but had neglected to take out of my contacts list, I implemented a security feature on my phone (connect the dots to open the phone) that would prevent me from ever butt-dialing again. I suppose that it would also prevent law enforcement from getting into my phone, with or without a court order. Hope to never have to test that out. :)

jrbiz, Oct 1, 2020 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    A few years ago there was this high profile case up here where the federal police (R.C.M.P.) needed to get into the phone of this biker boss. He had the thing locked down pretty secure. They managed to get a hacking expert who somehow was able to bypass everything with the help of the phone company and also the phone manufacturer, and got in. If they want to, they can and will.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 1, 2020 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps that is the case in Canada, but down here there are continual reports of Apple and other phone manufacturers saying that they have no ability to crack a locked phone because their security is so good. If there was a backdoor or way to get in, then hackers would use that capability, too, so the phone manufacturers do not have one. The FBI and other law enforcement agencies have railed for years about getting access to locked phones when they have a court warrant, but have mostly been stymied, as far as I know.

jrbiz, Oct 1, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    This case that I cited was quite a few years ago. It is entirely possible that it has all been tightened up here too since then. Here, PM me your cell # and let's see if I can get an expert to get in.:cool: *let's do it in the name of scientific/security research;)

P.S. Actually your phone is the least of your problems. After Tuesday's debate debacle a LOT of Americans have been Googling about how to immigrate to Canada. It's gotten so bad with illegal Americans trying to sneak over our border that our Prime Minister says that he is going to build a wall, and that America is going to pay for it!:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    From your lips to God's ears. If ONLY all of the people talking crap about moving to Canada (or anywhere else for that matter) would actually do so, the USA would be a much better place. Not only would many of us pay their transportation costs, but we would be happy to pay for a wall between us (mostly to prevent these emigrants from ever returning here.)

Here is what you can then expect, just as has happened down here. Classic example: New Hampshire was a well-run, red state for generations. Massachusetts, next door, is a typical poorly run, blue state. So, a ton of people moved from MA to NH over the past few decades to take advantage of the economic, job and other benefits that a red state offers. However, these ignoramuses continued to vote poorly and started to turn NH from red to purple on its ay to being ruined by typical blue-state populations. Same syndrome has started in successful Texas as thousands and thousands of Californians flee the consequence of their blue state politics. While still red, Texas has shown signs of blue state stupidity from these transplants by electing clowns like Beto O'Rourke, for example.

jrbiz, Oct 1, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    In an attempt to get my thread back on topic, I will ask the following question:

Who do you think are more addicted to their phones, blue voters or red voters?;)

jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Don't think that it is a red state/blue state thing. It is an age thing. The younger you are (once past ten years old or so), the more you are addicted to it.

jrbiz, Oct 1, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  10. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I always check my YouTube earnings on the app. lol

scurvy, Oct 1, 2020 IP
  11. Raquib

Raquib Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, I can't think anything without my phone.

Raquib, Nov 19, 2020 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Based on the way you wrote your above post, I tend to agree with you. For the love of God, get your hands on your phone now!:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Nov 19, 2020 IP
  13. Digibyte

Digibyte Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you watched the social dilemma? There is some weird stuff going on in our society.

Digibyte, Nov 20, 2020 IP
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^^^ Had he arranged for financing and gotten my Anti Weird Stuff Tinfoil Hat, he not only would understand the social dilemma but he also might not have been banned.

jrbiz, Nov 21, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Perhaps @Digibyte should change his username to @Digibanned? *works for me

Spoiltdiva, Nov 21, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I certainly think too many people are addicted to their phones. I am a keen runner and while out on my runs I will come across lots of people walking along with their noses stuck into their phones bumping into people.

I can happily leave my phone at home and go out for hours at a time, people look at me weird when I tell them that.

Dean_Saliba, Nov 22, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Your quote is entirely relatable. I often deliberately leave my phone at home when I am out and about. It is sooooo nice to get a break from it all. What ever *they* want, can bloody well wait until I get back home.:)

Spoiltdiva, Nov 22, 2020 IP
  18. Halcycon

Halcycon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hard to admit, but Yes! I am a phone addict.

Halcycon, Nov 25, 2020 IP
  19. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    Not so, ironic outside I don't say keep looking at my phone but at home in between computer and smartphone

YujinTan, Dec 1, 2020 IP
  20. Xrp

Xrp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey I know you, I've seen you on another forum

Xrp, Dec 1, 2020 IP