1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reddit for SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by praetserge, Oct 13, 2020.

Is reddit helpful for SEO? Has anybody tried Reddit links? What are your results?

Solved! View solution.
    praetserge, Oct 13, 2020 IP
  2. EricWalker

EricWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure that reddit works for SEO.

EricWalker, Oct 15, 2020 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    SEO? I don't know. But traffic-wise, for very little posting work I've received 37 visitors from Reddit this year. That's a tiny fraction of our total traffic, but it's 37 visitors more than I would have had if I had not posted on Reddit.

Jim4767, Oct 15, 2020 IP
  4. EricWalker

EricWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right, 37 is better than nothing and anything is better than nothing. You can always promote your website like that on places like Reddit or Facebook. Reddit is cool because it has a lot of users and I have met some really smart people on that website. I used sem san diego to have the best SEO score on my website and it worked nicely. I would still post about it on other places because that cannot really hurt. I am not sure how many visitors I got from that exactly, but I am sure that some learned about it that way. Even if it was 1 or 2, it is something.

EricWalker, Oct 18, 2020 IP
  5. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reddit is good for getting those long-tail searches done. It is similar to Medium and Quora dot com.

Blue Star Ent., Oct 26, 2020 IP
  6. inserte

inserte Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I sell Reddit backlinks and based on my experience reddit links work very well for SEO.
    It is best to use reddit links with low competition keywords but you should not rely on reddit links only.

inserte, Oct 26, 2020 IP
  7. kikolani

kikolani Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's good for traffic if you can get in front of the right subreddit. One that is engaged, accepting of links, but not too spammy.

kikolani, Oct 26, 2020 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  8. Kaloyan SEO

Kaloyan SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Reddit can bring massive traffic. A couple of years ago, I've got more than 40k visits in less than few hours from Reddit, my server went down. For SEO purposes, not directly but I have to admit that I've seen numerous top 10 results that are Reddit posts.

Kaloyan SEO, Nov 2, 2020 IP
  9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Update of my post above: Reddit sends me a very small amount of traffic. Social media as a group sends a small amount. For instance, in calendar year 2020 to date I've had:
    • 42 visitors from Reddit
    • 74 visitors from Linkedin
    • 2,219 visitors from Facebook

2,509 total Social Network visitors from all social sources this year as opposed to 347,313 from Organic Search (448,466 visitors total from all sources). The takeaway for me? — for every 1 visitor I get from Social Networks I get 138 visitors from Organic Search. Where does that suggest I should prioritize my SEO time and energy? Easy answer: improving organic search results, not social networking. (That's my website personally. Yours may differ.)

Jim4767, Nov 2, 2020 IP
  10. candamar21

candamar21 Peon

Best Answers:
    i use Reddit for traffic and based on my experience reddit links work very well for SEO.
    It is best to use for getting traffic to your website

candamar21, Nov 3, 2020 IP
  11. tajb88

tajb88 Member

Best Answers:
    Effective SEO is all about the tools you're using. Reddit can be an effective tool to attract more and more targeted traffic. Reddit is one of the best channels with a substantial SEO value and it is worth considering your SEO strategy.

tajb88, Nov 5, 2020 IP
  12. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use reddit in your own strategy to gain target traffic and not for SEO only. Find your niche in reddit and interact with the target audience and help them in their query.

KylieSweet, Nov 5, 2020 IP
  13. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are an active users of reddit then you can get good amount of traffics ...... If you think that after make a post at reddit you should get traffics then its about nothing.

Reddit is using nofollow for all external links so forget about SEO but if you are getting links from meaningful post so it can increase weight of website in search engine's eyes. Generally i notice if you have new website and you make any post there with website links then site index more sooner than other ways.

seomanualsubmission, Nov 5, 2020 IP
  14. Nancy Pearl

Nancy Pearl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Reddit can be used for blog commenting.

Nancy Pearl, Nov 5, 2020 IP
  15. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean?

Reddit can be used for blog commenting ..... means you will go there and comment as commenting in blog ????????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Either i am not getting clearly that what you want to say or according to me you have 0/0 knowledge about digital marketing.

seomanualsubmission, Nov 5, 2020 IP
  16. cdawson6887

cdawson6887 Member

Best Answers:
    Reddit is great for SEO. When you create links with reddit, google indexes them pretty quickly. The best thing to do is join a community on reddit that is in your niche and start posting /commenting on things and make sure to add each post / page of your website to the add link feature.

cdawson6887, Nov 6, 2020 IP
  17. AndroidST

AndroidST Member

Best Answers:
    Reddit if done right can be a great asset for your website.
    I find that posting links on Reddit usually makes them get indexed by Google faster.
    Other than that, you can create a subreddit for your niche and post great content. In my experience, these subreddits will gain followers gradually, and eventually you will have thousands of users at your disposal.
    You can then post links to your blog posts and drive traffic for free. No one will delete your links because you will be the subreddit's mod.

AndroidST, Nov 6, 2020 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  18. brack nelson

brack nelson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use it if you want it, but Reddit communities are is very strict with their guidelines, but if you play fair and remain consistent by adding value in the community rather than being self-promotional. This will definitely help you to attract traffic to your site.

brack nelson, Nov 20, 2020 IP
  19. Digibyte

Digibyte Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is true, I agree with you man

Digibyte, Nov 20, 2020 IP
  20. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    that is true , also cross post

YujinTan, Dec 5, 2020 IP