1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Protect Content

Discussion in 'Google' started by Mike Douson, Sep 14, 2020.

Hello!
    How do you protect your content on site? Which tools do you use?

Mike Douson, Sep 14, 2020 IP
  2. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I use the Sucuri Deluxe firewall/CDN.

EDIT: My son works for a major web security firm in California. He says: Dad, you must have a firewall on your website. So far I am very happy with Sucuri's.

Jim4767, Sep 14, 2020 IP
    Ayoub benali01 likes this.
  3. Mike Douson

Mike Douson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, but I mean content in my blog or categories. I am writing content on site ukraine-woman.com, but later I see my articles on other sites

Mike Douson, Sep 15, 2020 IP
  4. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Two things that might help (although they won't necessarily stop people from copying your articles):

1) I have a copyright at the bottom of every page, like this: ©2020, My Name, copyright statement. The "copyright statement" links to my detailed copyright page.
    2) I put a self-referencing canonical link in the head section of the code for each page. You can Google "self-referencing canonical" to get more info and the exact format.

Jim4767, Sep 15, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  5. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is so true. Nothing can really prevent anyone from posting your content elsewhere. I post my shared content on websites as a verified user/member. My content is unique and specific so easy to track down if I need to. You will have to enforce copyright sometimes. If you know about meta-data make every page/file have your name on it as author and containing your URL.

davilama2682, Sep 17, 2020 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure how much it helps, but yes, I do enter my name as Author in meta data of each page. Do that, add self-referencing canonicals to each page, and post a strong copyright on each page. None of that is guaranteed to stop bad actors, but it will at least discourage some.

Jim4767, Sep 19, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  7. jose

jose Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no way to stop people from copying your pages or your pictures.

However, you can / must take action against those who have copied your pages (copyright infringement).

The most common way is the DMCA complaint at Google and / or at the hosting company of the offending site. It is effective and relatively quick (around 1 to 3 weeks). At Google, the offending page is removed from the index; at the host, the site is deleted.

This is an official procedure: you must have first tried to contact the offending webmaster to request him to remove the copied page. You must also prove that you were the first author of the copied content.

Google's form: https://support.google.com/legal/troubleshooter/1114905?hl=en

jose, Sep 20, 2020 IP
    Jim4767 and davilama2682 like this.
  8. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    copyscape will do the job.

praetserge, Oct 2, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I had a situation where a lady blatantly copied my article verbatim and put her name on as the author, just changing a few words here and there to make it sound like she had written it. I made several attempts to contact her directly, courteously asking her to delete the stolen page, but she never replied. So I contacted the website that hosted her article, proved that I was the original writer, and they immediately deleted the copied article.

Jim4767, Oct 4, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn and davilama2682 like this.
  10. Serial Scraper

Serial Scraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing you can do to stop it. Also, the problem you have if you convert to an image, ORC software can still extract all of the text and formatting. Furthermore, by publishing an image of the text, when your content is stolen and published as real text, engines like Google will see this as the first time that the article has ever been published and assigning ownership of that to the thief.

My best advice is to continue to write quality content and then make sure that you ping all rss services and create a bunch of backlinks to your article to let the engines know you were first and therefore have ownership and hence, will rank higher.

Serial Scraper, Oct 29, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  11. Aelko

Aelko Member

Best Answers:
    This means that you have to make sure that your content is first seen by Google, and only then by the thief.

Aelko, Oct 30, 2020 IP
  12. Hely55

Hely55 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is impossible to completely protect content from theft.
    If you publish content, be sure that it will be copied. Most likely, stealing content won't do you any tangible harm. But this is unpleasant anyway.

You can use the name of your blog and products in the text, link to your other publications. This will make it difficult to automatically use publications. Thieves will have to adapt them. Perhaps this will stop the laziest scammers. Branding will also protect you from automatic copying of content. If your publications are stolen by robots, they will retain the name of the blog, products and links to your site.

Hely55, Nov 23, 2020 IP