1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vaccine against Covid-19

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fencerstars, Oct 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Folks,

Just curious...If the Coronavirus vaccine is already out and approved for use, will you want to be vaccinated? Are you at ease getting injected? Any thoughts?

fencerstars, Oct 16, 2020 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Good question and one that a lot of people are asking themselves, I suspect. I generally do not take any vaccines these days (having gotten all of the critical ones like polio, measles, etc., as a child) mostly because I do not feel that I need them. Every year, I refuse the influenza, pneumonia, shingles and any other vaccines because I am mostly not worried about coming down with these diseases and I hate needles (I would make a lousy heroin addict from that perspective.) Note that I am not an anti-Vaxxer who believes that all vaccines are bad and, in fact, I encourage my wife and son (who are both diabetic) to get all of the vaccines the doctor recommends because they are much more susceptible and vulnerable to illness. I just don't like needles and also do not like the thought of injecting any foreign substance into my body, supposedly harmless or not.

So, most likely, I will not take the vaccine unless it makes things easier from a business or socializing perspective (e.g., if you need proof of vaccination for an event or something.) If that is the case, then I might do it but I suspect such a requirement would be rare.

jrbiz, Oct 16, 2020 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Up to this point I had never taken a flu shot in my life. Last week I did and as soon as the Covid-19 shot comes out, I am rolling up my sleeve.
    Old prejudices about vaccine shots no longer apply to me, and I have decided going forward that I am a human pin cushion from now on, and will take every shot out there.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 16, 2020 IP
    sarahk and jrbiz like this.
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The only way I will be vaccinated is when they chain me to whatever.

There are too many unknowns with vaccines so rather than expose myself to the unknowns I do my best to maintain my health so I do not get sick. I view vaccines as a way avoid doing what is necessary to maintain good health.

I seldom get sick. Have not had the flu in well over a decade, for example. Why? Vitamin D is known to combat the flu, so I make sure I spent 15 minutes per day outside every day regardless of the weather. Vitamin C also combats diseases, so I make sure I consume copious quantities of fresh fruits and vegetables.

Vaccine makers do not tell us what goes into their products and some vaccines reportedly contain mercury. No way to verify that, but if true, those vaccines could cause mercury poisoning. We spend atrocious amounts of money trying to remove mercury from the environment but then POSSIBLY allow vaccines containing mercury? Does not make sense.

Also, flu vaccines have existed for decades yet over 600,000 people die every year from the common flu. Not a very good track record. Similar statistics exist for all vaccines.

mmerlinn, Oct 16, 2020 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The heroin dealer down the street is happy to hear this. He said to stop by for your first injection...it's free!

Seriously, I was talking to another old-timer like me and we both feel the same way: we were exposed to so many viruses, bacteria, and other nasty pathogens throughout our childhood and adult lifetimes, that it is rare, these days for us to catch anything. More than once in the past 6 or 7 years, my wife and kids came down with bad cases of the flu and I was untouched. I have had the occasional "cold" though I am thinking that many of those episodes were actually allergy symptoms.

Many years ago, I had a dentist who was approaching retirement age. Sometimes, just before my next dental appointment, I would come down with a nasty cold, sore throat, or even the flu and I would call to say that I did not want to go in and infect him. His reply was that I should definitely come in as he was not worried at all. Over the decades as a dentist, he had been exposed to so many germs and viruses during the course of his work that he no longer caught anything any more. He was an example of herd immunity at its finest, I suppose.

jrbiz, Oct 16, 2020 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    In the U.S.A. 81% of all Covid-19 deaths so far have been in Americans 65 years or older.

7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And I believe that a big portion of them also had underlying conditions and a big chunk were already in nursing homes with one foot in the grave, anyway. To be honest, there are two types of 65-year-olds, in my experience. I know some 65-year-olds who are sickly, frail and really ready to be put out to pasture. I know other 65-year-olds who are healthy, active and really looking and feeling like they are in late middle age. My guess is that it is mostly the former types that die from flu or covid-19 or pneumonia or tuberculosis or whatever other virus or bacteria is circulating at any particular time.

jrbiz, Oct 16, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Survival of the fittest, perhaps it was time for Mother Nature to cull the herd? :eek:

jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Mother Nature culls the herd on a minute-by-minute basis, 24x7x365. The culling takes out the weakest, the frailest, the stupidest, and more. Mother Nature uses disease, toxins, accidents, crime, and more to strengthen the overall herd. It is by no means a perfect system and it is possible to be "culled" for no good reason, of course.

Getting back to nursing homes: does anyone enter a nursing home with the expectation that things will get better and the resident will one day come bounding out of it in good health and ready to get back to living an active and healthy life? My impression is that people go there to be as comfortable as possible while they wait for the particular disease or malady that will finally kill them. Granted, that no one was waiting for Covid-19 to do the deed, but that is just the latest flavor of fatality available. I have no statistics to back this up, but wouldn't most of the people in nursing homes that died from Covid-19 have died from something else soon, anyway? The flu? A bacterial infection? A stroke or heart attack? Cancer?

Of course, if these folks bought my Deluxe Life Extending Tinfoil Hat with the special Nursing Home Adapter, the story would be much different.

jrbiz, Oct 17, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    It is never a good idea to mess with Mother Nature's plans. If you are going to do that then I hope that you are wearing the Anti Karma Model tinfoil hat.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 17, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The nice thing about all of my tinfoil hats is that they are specially designed and constructed so that the wearer can nest as many hats on his or her head as desired. The more, the merrier. Multiple tinfoil hats worn simultaneously are a real fashion statement these days, as well.

jrbiz, Oct 17, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  12. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    An idea for your next model:

[​IMG]

qwikad.com, Oct 17, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and mmerlinn like this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That looks an awful lot like our Deluxe Safe Sex Tinfoil Hat System. Ours have much sexier ear flaps, however.

jrbiz, Oct 17, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  14. HereIAm2

HereIAm2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i dont want to try no ways !! because after no one knows what will happen , so its 50/50 .

HereIAm2, Oct 18, 2020 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Do you all remember the HIV/Aids epidemic? How often does one hear about it these days? Since 1981 a total of 35,000,000 people have died from it. As of this date there is still no vaccine for it. Yet we don't hear much about it due to the fact that we do have some preventative treatments and medications such as RV 144 and HAART medication. These can not only prevent HIV but can make the symptoms easier to bear.

Bottom line is even if we were not to come up with a vaccine* for Covid-19, we would come up with therapies and medication which would make it a somewhat forgettable issue like HIV/Aids seems to have become.

*I do intend to take it if and when one becomes available.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, Oct 18, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Look at what Trump's treatment did for a 74-year-old, overweight male, supposedly a prime target for nasty results. You are right, a proven successful therapy is much more important than a vaccine.

jrbiz, Oct 18, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I say let's go with both and hedge our bets.;)

Spoiltdiva, Oct 18, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. EricWalker

EricWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    If the vaccine allows me to travel freely I would do it.

EricWalker, Oct 18, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    About two weeks ago I took a flu shot, today I had a pneumonia shot. When the Covid-19 vaccine finally comes out, I will be at the head of the line.

I am THE HUMAN PIN CUSHION!:cool:

Spoiltdiva, Oct 23, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Are we pro-insulin and fighting Mother Nature or not?

What is the ethical difference of fighting Mother Nature with a vaccine versus a therapeutic treatment?

sarahk, Oct 23, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.