1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2020 - The year of disguises

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mmerlinn, Oct 18, 2020.

He
    Here is a link I found that lightly touches upon all that is wrong with wearing masks to "fight" viruses.

https://www.aier.org/article/the-year-of-disguises/

It basically confirms what I have posted for months: Masks are TOO DANGEROUS to wear! And being imprisoned in ANY closed space is worse than being free to live like an ADULT.

Here are a couple of quotes from the article:

Here is another article about the pandemic of 1957:

https://www.aier.org/article/elvis-...dent-and-116000-americans-died-in-a-pandemic/

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    mmerlinn, Oct 18, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. SQ27

SQ27 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I got to disagree with your thinking that wearing a mask is not important. This articale failed to look at what others are doing RIGHT. Look at the stats

compare size: New Jersey about 0.63 times as big as Taiwan
    New Jersey
    case:22,4096, death:16,336, population:8,882,190
    Taiwan
    case:535, death:7,population:23,829,771

compare size: New Mexico about 0.95 times as big as Vietman
    New Mexico
    case:36,788, death:934, population:2,096,829
    Vietman
    case:1134, death:35,population:97,599,975

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Note that these two countries enforce their citizens wear mask when they are outside their house and keep a safe distance away from one another, be it queuing or sitting in public areas. Contract tracing also helps by finding out who are the people that has close contact with the infected person by isolated the contact as soon as possible prevent further spread. However, i do agreed that a proper mask should be use to prevent the virus, and should not take it as free safe. And the articale mention "healthy people shouldnt be punished" this statement is a very selfish way of thinking. there has been report that cases of asympotomatic, this means that person does not show any symptoms. This would further harms the people around.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2020
    SQ27, Oct 18, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There are lies, there are damn lies, and then there are statistics...

What type of research have you done comparing statistical methodologies between the U.S. and the Asian countries you cite to be sure that you are comparing apples to apples? E.g., do you think that the fact that the U.S. is testing millions and millions more of its citizens than any other country, by far, could result in higher infection rates being reported? Likewise, do you think that the CDC's insane policy to list ANY death (e.g., a heart attack) to be a Covid-19 death if the victim is later found to have been infected by the virus might have grossly inflated the death rate?

Your comparisons above are meaningless, as a result. What will be interesting to watch over the next few years is whether the scientists who are loudly decrying the shutdowns (not just masks) as being the worst thing we can do from an overall herd immunity perspective will be proven right. They are strongly indicating that not only are we not helping the coronavirus situation (the virus will run its course, no matter what) but we are also not letting the population build up its normal herd immunities to other diseases as we normally would. These scientists and medical professionals fear that we are just setting ourselves up for a cavalcade of pandemics once these isolated, un-immunized populations open up and a wide range of viruses find themselves feasting on very vulnerable populations who foolishly chose isolation and masks as false protection.

For those of you that wish to live by statistics, here is one to consider: this year, it is predicted that Covid-19 will kill 1 million people, worldwide. Likewise in 2020, Tuberculosis will kill 1.5 million people, just as it has done every year for generations. TB is a highly contagious respiratory disease, just like Covid-19; it may be more contagious than the virus, in fact. Why haven't we isolated and worn masks our entire lives to fight TB?

I will tell you why this dichotomy between Covid-19 and TB exists in the U.S.: the FakeNews/Democrats/Swamp did not see a way to pin TB on Trump as they are trying to do with Covid-19. As I have said many times the past few months: I wish that my company had the same PR agency that Covid-19 has had. We would be unstoppable.

jrbiz, Oct 19, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The rumor mill has it that your tinfoil hat company is expected to exceed even Amazon in overall sales this year. How much more "unstoppable" do you need?

Spoiltdiva, Oct 19, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to go through my catalog and find on Page 68 the Anti-Rumor Mill Tinfoil Hat with Financial Rumor Control Ear Flaps. I can neither confirm nor deny the rumor you post above, but with this Tinfoil Hat, you can discern between real rumors and fake rumors coming out of the mills. Guaranteed 100% accuracy 24x7 with the Financial Ear Flaps.

jrbiz, Oct 19, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If it is indeed nothing but a frivolous rumor then why does Jeff Bezos send you hate mail? And also, why does Amazon sell dartboards with your image on them?

Spoiltdiva, Oct 19, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, when the WSJ asked him about the alleged messages, he claimed that his email account had been hacked. In the fine print on the dartboard they have a legal disclaimer saying any resemblance of the image to a real person or a real tinfoil hat is purely coincidental and unintended. I often have strict confidentiality agreements with my VIP customers (they view my tinfoil hats as giving them an unfair competitive advantage over their rivals) so I really cannot say anything more about it.

jrbiz, Oct 19, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  8. TableTop Writing

TableTop Writing Member

Best Answers:
    Statistics are frauded all the time just add a couple zeros and there you go.

TableTop Writing, Oct 27, 2020 IP
  9. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a chart showing deaths from ALL CAUSES in Sweden for the last ten years. Note that total deaths in Sweden THIS YEAR may be about equal or LESS than in some previous years and that is counting ALL COVID deaths for the year. Note also that Sweden DID NOT have a mandatory mask mandate nor a mandatory lockdown.

http://mmerlinn.com/Pix/Health/Sweden_Mortality_2020.png

When you look at other countries that had mandatory masks compared to Sweden the data suggests that masks MAY HAVE INCREASED THE DEATH RATE IN THOSE COUNTRIES THAT MANDATED MASKS while lack of mask wearing in Sweden apparently DID NOT INCREASE THE DEATH RATE.

mmerlinn, Oct 30, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    They are now talking about locking up some cities again: yahoo.com/finance/news/el-paso-returning-to-coronavirus-lockdown-is-a-sign-of-more-to-come-105624453.html

qwikad.com, Oct 30, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.