1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help locating Javascript for Mouse Drag

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by jp2code, Oct 16, 2020.

I recently started working for a company that had been getting all of its software provided by overseas developers.

I was hired on because of my years of experience in software, but all of those years were in Windows Forms using C#. This project is still in Visual Studio, but largely it is controlled by HTML, CSS, and Javascript - which I am not good at.

My assignment right now: When User drags on a row on a table, a pointer appears on the left of the grid control, follows the row to indicate where the row is able to be dropped, and the row is moved to that location when the User releases the mouse.

Right now, the mouse is not moving 1 to 1 with the arrow. The more rows in the grid, the greater the discrepancy between the mouse and the pointer.

[​IMG]

In the image above, the mouse is on "jp2code 035" while the pointer is up at "Task 13".

I went into the Chrome console's Source tab, went to the Event Listener Breakpoints, and put one on "Mouse > click", but it didn't break any execution.

I am not here to get you to solve the issue for me, but I don't know how to find the code associated with this.

The file that is being called is called TaskListViewer, but it has no controls in the designer and very little code behind. Everything is loaded by the master page and source scripts.

Can anyone offer suggestions on how I could go about locating where the issue is in Javascript? For a Windows Forms application, I would simply look at event handlers for the control.

jp2code, Oct 16, 2020 IP
  2. Efetobor Agbontaen

Efetobor Agbontaen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, I have very little experience with MS Things. But since it all comes down to HTML and JS, let's see.

First of all, do you have access to the source code for this component/feature? Can you show the Source codes for this functionality? If you do not want to make it public, feel free to send me a Message.

I am sure people familiar with this particular component of ASP would have more specific ways to assist you without going deep into the source code

Efetobor Agbontaen, Oct 17, 2020 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'd try to find working examples on jsfiddle (you can search "jsfiddle drag and drop) to see what they use to accomplish what you're trying to accomplish and then utilize that for your code.

qwikad.com, Oct 17, 2020 IP
  4. jp2code

jp2code Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi EA,

I'm not very skilled at javascript. The filename that corresponds to the name shown in the URL does not have any code associated with it. It looks like everything is inherited. How do I find the source code that is related to my event? That's what I seem to be struggling with right now.

jp2code, Oct 19, 2020 IP