1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

custom earplugs for hyperacusis

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DavidU23, Oct 5, 2020.

Hello, I have a hearing condition called hyperacusis and I've been looking for the best earplugs I can get. I avoid going out this time because I am a bit of a paranoid when it comes to getting COVD19. So... I just want to know if anyone here tried buying from this website? They are called Big Ear and they offer home service for molding your ears for custom hearing protection and then they'll mail the product within a few weeks. They also do have instructions for DIY molding where they'll send a molding kit then you'll mold your ears and send back the kit with the molds. Some of their products are really intriguing and of course, I'd love to know if anyone here tried their products yet.

Any other recommendation?

DavidU23, Oct 5, 2020 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried the ear plugs that are used by professional musicians? I know someone with very sensitive hearing (to the point of pain at certain sounds that would not bother the average person) and these types of earplugs helped. Here is an article I just found on the topic with reviews of the earplugs. Some of them are not very expensive, at all:

https://www.musicianonamission.com/best-earplugs-for-musicians/

I would start with an off-the-shelf solution before going to a custom earpiece, which I assume to be much more expensive.

jrbiz, Oct 7, 2020 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure that they work just fine.:) But as for me I'll stick to my anti Covid-19 tinfoil hat with the standard ear flaps. They do the trick for me.....what did you say, what?;)

Spoiltdiva, Oct 7, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You know, we have Deluxe ear flaps, now, too. For a small upgrade fee (financing available) they are 100% guaranteed to prevent any political speeches or other such audio from getting through.

jrbiz, Oct 7, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.