1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

brand on a website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by genber, Oct 2, 2020.

Hello everyone, hope all is doing good.

I started this new job on an eCommerce website and will handle social media soon, i am still building the website for now.

I do not have much experience in this but i have the skills and i know what to write and how to build a good image, however i have a problem i am not able to solve, the company i am working for has a brand and i do not know how to show (glorify, show case? not sure of the exact word) that brand name.

should i put the title of each product as BRANDNAME product name (for example MCDONALDS big mac) ? this way all the website would be like this, it would be too much no? with all the products having the brand name at the beginning of the titles?

or maybe product name by BRANDNAME as a title? this way it would be repeated all over the website too.

please note that the company only has this brand and it is registered.

Thanks all!

gende

genber, Oct 2, 2020 IP
  2. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    It's definitely too much if you put the brand name in each product, I believe if you did a good job of presenting your brand (clean and simple design logo, banner, and the website in general) you won't need to mention the brand name here and there.
    Just make it crystal clear about who you are.

Ayoub benali01, Oct 2, 2020 IP
  3. genber

genber Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply.
    Exactly, it would be too much.
    the problem is that the company name is the brand itself, how can i make it clear that it's both?

genber, Oct 2, 2020 IP
    Ayoub benali01 likes this.
  4. Ayoub benali01

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Oh! Probably the company should craft some good titles for its products, I think this is gonna be healthier for the company's future.

Ayoub benali01, Oct 3, 2020 IP
  5. genber

genber Peon

Best Answers:
    okay here's the thing, let's say that the brand is "Marno" and we created 10 products under this brand name, we name each one of them a different name, but the problem is that our goods keep on changing as newer models are needed, we can't keep the same model, so naming them would be hard as we'd have to name hundreds every yaer.

genber, Oct 4, 2020 IP
  6. Ayoub benali01

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Well, you can hire someone to do it, a copywriter would ideal for this kind of a job. Just one question, what is the type of your industry is it apparel?

Ayoub benali01, Oct 5, 2020 IP
  7. James702

James702 Peon

Best Answers:
    Branding is a complex issue indeed. The brand encompasses much more than just a brand name. There are also the company's logo, website, social media, the list goes on. In my mind, the most important thing is consistency. I mean everything the company does should stick to one united theme. But it's not a good idea to put the brand name everywhere and on each product the company produces. Instead put a logo, if there is no, create it, but it should represent the overall brand and include the brand name (in your case). Make it eye-catching, but stick to one color palette the overall design company employs.
    So, the point is to create a logo (with a brand name inside) and put the logo on every product, naming it as you wish. That's consistency, I suppose.
    I Hope, you're doing well!

James702, Oct 29, 2020 IP
  8. susiparker

susiparker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You don't need to mention your brand name in every other line. If your website has a good presentation and logo, it will work for you.

susiparker, Dec 22, 2020 IP