1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does anyone know which script is this site using ?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by bwsl, May 26, 2020.

1. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That's comedy considering confirmation bias, survivorship bias, and cognitive dissonance seem to be the root of the know-nothing fools and dirtbag scam artists who continue to vomit up lame excuses for broken practices, slow loading sites, making everything two to ten times more complex and convoluted than need be, and pissing on accessibility from so on-high you'd think the almighty just got back from a kegger.

If I'm harsh and reactionary on the topic, it's because my day job involves ripping this type of crap out of websites because my clients are facing litigation over it. All of these dumbass dipshit frameworks, the "presentation before semantics" mentality, and a general reek of "accessibility, what's that?" ignorance has led to many, MANY million dollar plus lawsuits where the only fix is often to rip garbage like jQuery, React, Vue, Bootstrap, Tailwind, etc, etc, etc out by the balls and to re-implement from scratch. EVEN when retaining the same general theme / appearance.

Take my most recent client. I can't link to them because of an NDA, but the problems that HAD to be fixed to meet the minimums to settle the case without fines were -- and caused by -- the following:

1) Bootcrap had broken media queries since it was px queries with EM fonts

2) Bootstrap saddled them with illegible colour contrasts on the menu as they used the default

3) The way their font-awesome icons were implemented there was no graceful degradation plan for non-visual UA's

4) Some elements were overridden to px resulting in not scaling with the rest of the text

5) They used React in a way that provided no graceful degradation scripting off.

6) They used the dumbass "fetch" promise on a database that was timing out, sending the page off to never-never land and losing client data because "fetch" lacks proper error handling and status code reporting.

7) Many pages were broken in Firefox -- but not Chrome -- as React and the jQuery bootstrap requires were conflicting.

8) As they followed the markup patterns common to most Bootstrap and React tutotirals, their non-semantic gibberish with a complete lack of logical document structure told non-visual users to go fuck themselves. This was a problem since part of this site was for field agents to record their mapping data in, and many of those agents are in fact disabled. It's called "reasonable accommodation" and not only got them in trouble under the ADA in both a civil suit and a criminal one, it also had OSHA breathing down their neck.

There were other problems not related to accessibility, that needed to be addressed:

1) The site took over a minute to load on 3g speeds, when most of their field agents were operating tethered in remote locations where 1 bar is a good day. "No, we can't hear you now, I'm in a steel frame concrete building!"

2) The problem with the server timing out was that it was fielding too many separate requests as everything was too big and in too many separate files to cache properly.

3) The general structure of the markup involved slopping most of the CSS and JS of every page into the HTML or the broken inaccessible SPA crap, resulting in multiple missed caching opportunities hanging the data requests two to ten times longer than need be.

As such the proper answer to their problem was to throw it all away and start over from scratch for the front- end. The dipshit frameworks and broken methodologies combined into the perfect storm of how NOT to build a website.

... and we had three weeks to fix it to have the criminal prosecutor drop the case. Why only three weeks? Because their IT director spent six months claiming none of this was "real" and that "he'd fix it".

Hence getting it done involved my coaching and mentoring their four "junior" coders / "data managers" (the term they used for them) and getting their "Director of IT" fired for incompetence and willful negligence.

And said IT director spewed all the same bullshit @NetStar does here. The same lies, the same lack of understanding, the same lack of personal responsibility, and the same sleazy /evasion of actual questions.

It was comedy gold the moment he got himself fired. Start of a zoom conference between the director of said agency, the IT staff, and myself. I outlined how react and bootstrap needed to be removed as both were the root of their accessibility and efficiency... and he started spewing all the same lame excuses you hear from these framework fanboys. You want to talk Dunning-Kruger, THERE IT IS! They are so suckered in by propaganda -- bandwagon, glittering generalities, plain folks, testimonial, name calling (via the inverse principle), transfer, and of course, card stacking.

He even used one of the classic bullshit glittering generalities and bandwagon claims in his rebuttal. "We have to use those so that other developers who come in later can understand it." -- as if new developers coming in won't understand semantic markup, CSS, and vanilla JS? If that's a problem, said new dev's aren't qualified to be hired, or to build websites. I almost fired that back at him, but instead kept to my plan of sitting back and letting the fool rant. As Ramses II would say "Let him speak so that sane men may know him mad."

After he was done spewing other rubbish like "millions of sites use this stuff" or "it's the modern approach", and "It'll take years to redo all this vanilla", I simply said: "And that's why they're going to fire you."

Which is where he lost his shit and yelled "They can't fire me, I'm the only one who understands how it all works!"

GOTCHA! "Didn't you just say that react and bootstrap would let others know how it works? Which is it?"

I looked up into his lifeless eyes and waved... like this... (wiggles fingers)

Sometimes you just gotta let these idiots manufacture their own rope. Something I know a decent amount about, coming from a family of cordage millwrights.

Still took another week for them to sack his ass, which with his constant fighting of every single thing we needed to implement basically wasted a whole week! Leaving us only two weeks to do what he said would take "years"

We were done with three days to spare. FFS it's semantic markup and basic style. LAUGH being normal font sighted users probably wouldn't notice more than a few changes to font-sizes and the fact it loaded -- and submitted data -- 20 times faster as it used 1/10th the bandwidth and handshakes.

Literally, when I waltzed in the door the average HTML size was 200k, each page was loading around 60 separate javascripts coming in at around 2 megabytes, and the CSS? Around 2 megabytes total though the max any one page loaded at once was a megabyte, though each page was doing 40+ files (out of around 200 total). In handshakes alone for most of the people using it in the field that's over a minute just to load one flipping page! (as low speed crappy tether has horrific ping times).

By the time it was done and presented to the courts, the average HTML size was 16k, the largest being 31k. The total JavaScript for the whole site was smaller without minification or gzip compression than jQuery is minimized and compressed and was loaded as a single monolithic file to be properly cached. The ENTIRE SITE now only uses around 30k of CSS in one file for screen media, and has a 20k print media stylesheet that replaces some goofball tricks they were wasting time trying to pull with CSS.

In fact, if your bank has a "print friendly" version of your current account history pages, it's probably 30% chance that's my code. Basically, any bank in the US that isn't using FIS, since those scumbags continue to crap out garbage and just "pay the fine" for non-compliance, whilst still claiming they meet WCAG/ADA/Section 508 guidelines. What a crock.

What's easier to maintain? 71k of semantic markup and vanilla CSS/JS in three files, or three megabytes of garbage slopped together off the shelf code only the person who crapped it together could ever understand broken up across hundreds of files?

THAT'S why I'm so vehemently against all this boated ignorant incompetent halfwitted mentally enfeebled BULLSHIT that @NetStar seems now bound and determined to defend with... uhm... because he says so? Certainly doesn't seem to back it up with facts, specifications, guidelines, or much of anything else!

So sorry if my treatment of other developers is "disgusting". It only becomes such with those who refuse to take responsibility, admit wrongdoing, or who promote some of the worst of web development practices whilst claiming I'm the one doing it wrong; the definition of the ad hominem attack. I back my accusations with facts. Facts that are supported by the specifications, guidelines like the WCAG, studies like those an NNGroup. His arguements are backed by "wah wah is not" and JACK SHIT ELSE!

deathshadow, Sep 27, 2020 IP
    malky66, JEET and mmerlinn like this.
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No child. Please communicate without breaking the rules lol..

We are talking about your web sites. You are the one sharing your websites as a "model" web site. This doesn't require someone to show their web site to prove that you do not have a web site that meets current web design standards. Your web sites are VERY basic. They aren't really a web site worth the boast lol. And again...be an adult.

Your web sites DO look very dated. You are disagreeing with that? You think your web sites look current? They are dated and VERY amateur. You haven't identified that? They look like my old web sites.

You need a time out bud. During this time out let's focus on updating those Web Design skills. lol

NetStar, Sep 27, 2020 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Relax. @Saputnik is not going to read that bloated reply. It's more bloated than Bootstrap and doesn't even save us time.... You went on some off topic bipolar stress rant about Bootstrap.... People who use Bootstrap do so to save the time it takes to create UI components... Otherwise you have to spend the time planning and designing interface elements instead of focusing on your project. Relax...you keep saying these are slow loading web sites. Yet all the web sites we visit that use it load quite well. Do you have dial up AOL on a Compaq Presario from 2000? I'm wondering why you think these web sites perform slow lol... Just because YOU viewed the html source and found out that it uses a CSS framework doesn't mean others do. In fact, 95% of the time you wouldn't even know.....

ps. I went to your web site and looked at some of your projects. I can't stop laughing... not that they are bad... They aren't... they just aren't as intelligently coded as you are trying to make newbies believe. You really need to level up and polish up...

NetStar, Sep 27, 2020 IP
  4. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Then please at least acknowledge the site I used as an example of my work. You know, that thing you have never once done which helps prove you don't know enough to criticize anyone else's skills? Again you won't actaully "put up" anything of your own to even prove you know what you're talking about. Because you can't, and don't.

Which uses style and colouration based on accepted norms, with inspiration drawn from both material design and flat+. Because of course that's outdated,

Absolutely because of what they're built on. Are you saying that material design looks very dated? That Flat+ / flat 2.0 are dated? Again, you must HATE android. You'd lose your mind over how "dated" ChromeOS or Cinnamon look by whatever the blazes your idea of "modern" looks like. Lemme guess... crApple f****t?

Because if so you're talking out your arse. Again. That or -- as I suggested -- you're stuck in thinking of skeuomorphic design as modern, instead of the bleeding edge of the early 2000's. Or goofy scripttard animated crap (which I can do for clients, but don't on my own pages) that just replicates everything that was wrong with flash. (and it wasn't that it was a third party plugin, at least not from a usability standpoint!)

Which is again why you glossed right past one of my recent works that has all that goofy whiz-bang scripttardery and eye-candy and still won't acknowledge it.... instead focusing on a glorified blog that has a pretty standard blog template. I take it you have the same opinion of every default example for bootstrap and turdpress' out of the box template in terms of appearance? 'Cause there's that little difference?

Or you could actually take the time to learn something instead of spewing nothing more than "wah wah, is not" like a petulant five year old. You know jack about shit, make wild unfounded claims, and clearly do not know the first damned thing about design, usability, or accessibility.

Which is what makes you as much of an aggravating turd to deal with as the "senior developers" at most of my clients who fight me tooth and nail despite being in deep doo-doo because of ... well, all the dipshit halfwit bullshit you're defending.

Oh, and you can take your "aah, wall of text es teh bloat" idiocy and shove that up your arse too. It's called comprehension, you should try it some time. But as every single blasted one of your posts shows, you have none.

But again, you don't have anything to show, which makes your opinion of mine utterly meaningless. I'd be very interested to know what you think a modern site "looks like", but as always you'll NEVER provide a single damned thing to support your arguments, much less any of your own actual work to qualify your opinions as valid.

Which is why I think you're an idiot. And the way you talk about things without any concrete beneath it tells me you're an idiot!

gah, it's like dealing with these "Free Keene" whackjobs, where I'm still not sure just WTF they think they need to free Keene from...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  5. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Again, he knows shit about shit, just like his jQuery idioc of how "who's using that in 2020".

He knows absolutely NOTHING about this topic but still runs his mouth like he's some sort of authority. Again, much akin to the halfwits, morons, and fools who tend to fail upwards into middle management only to be utterly shocked when things go bits-up face-down when their bullshit is revealed for the bullshit it is.

Or like many of the dirtbags out there flipping off the shelf answers, he's just defending the practice of scamming nubes and rubes, taking the money, and running for the hills before it all falls apart, leaving whoever it is he's working for holding the bag. A situation I've seen happen FAR too many times the past five years or so. It used to not be this bad, but now any know-nothing can slap together these trash frameworks and libraries, sucker a nube into opening their wallet, and be long gone before the flaws in their sleazy scam are revealed.

Hence why such developers typically have less legitimacy as professionals than Amway and Mary Kay do as legitimate businesses. We're talking less legitimacy than your typical televangelist has as a "man of God". You know the ones I mean, they are on TV one night screaming about the evil homosexuals, then get caught in the back of their limo the next day going down on a male prostitute? That's the level of sleazy dirtbag scam artists we're talking about.

JEET likes this.
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is ironic lol. I know plenty about this topic and by "running my mouth" you mean have an opinion that differs from the garbage you spew.

You are acting like a clown because someone is actually challenging you and critiquing your garbage web sites. Which is the same that you do on the daily basis here. Sorry man...you AREN'T that knowledgeable here...

More clown talk because he can't make a valid point.

Again with this clown talk... It's FUNNY how you talk about these frameworks. These frameworks are used on some of the most successful and popular web sites. These frameworks are used by millions and hundreds of millions of people have visited applications and web sites where these frameworks are used. Hundreds of thousands of jobs require knowledge of these frameworks. Yet......deathshadow can tell you not to use it lol.... You get where I'm going with this? Clown.

You want to be successful as a developer? Learn the languages. Learn the technologies. Learn the frameworks and USE them intelligently. Know when to use them and know when not to. But NEVER ever ever allow yourself to be influenced by someone with skills from 20 years ago who pushback on change. And that is why @deathshadow is HORRIBLE to take modern day development advice from. Unfortunately most people here are VERY green. He tries this shit on other forums and they literally boot him the heck out of there.. He's a clown.

NetStar, Sep 27, 2020 IP
  7. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can't be this dumb. You posted a web site that is clearly an entry level web site.
    You and I aren't battling who is the better designer or developer. My point is the website YOU posted is NOT a model web site to boast about. It's embarrassing that you attempted to do that. You can't be that socially unaware.

Sit down lol. Take a seat man lol... You can't be serious thinking YOUR web sites are following Material Design. Are you kidding with that? Have you read about Material Design? Do you even know what Material Design is? I am literally shocked and dying of laughter...

We are talking about your web sites....... We can see your web sites lol......

I can't with this clown.... By the way I love that you have found a "webmaster" forum that allows you to continue to post. The amazing thing is...here on DP people think you are ok even though you disrupt every thread with offtopic rants. Your reputation on the real webmaster forums is at the clown status.

NetStar, Sep 27, 2020 IP
  8. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Then prove it with something, ANYTHING, other than "wah wah, is not". Evidence of work you think is modern. Evidence of work you've done. Evidence from specifications or guidelines that support your viewpoint!

Until you do that, you're the clown spewing garbage, not me.

You want to know where my claims come from? The HTML specifications, the WCAG guidelines, usability studies on NNGroup. Where does your BS come from other than your arse? Again, not that expect a valid reply to said questions since it's been asked of you dozens of times for a few years now, and you never once even acknowledge it. Instead it's always the same "wah wah, mommy somebodi es teh usin teh hursh wurds!", "wah wah, wall of text bloat", and outright avoidance of anything resembling fact. You evade, you ignore, and you never once provide legitimate proof of a single one of your claims!

But sure, I'm the clown.

Ditto; right back at you. You blindly parrot the same fallacies and propaganda I hear all the time, even from people who are being screwed by these systems and methodologies.

And it's only a matter of time before they get their comeuppance under the law. A few sites that are non-essentials -- twitter, facebook, and the like -- will likely dodge that bullet, but you pull these dipshit stunts in retail now, and it's open season! You get one crippy bastard who gets upset he can't use your cart, and the courts will run jack-a-willy wally-sucka all over your strada chocolatta. Again, don't believe me? Ask Domino's. I know some of the guys who fixed that mess... and it was the exact same bullshit you are defending!

And it's still not actually fixed, as their back end guys are fighting the front-end changes and requirements, and nobody's been hired with the authority to put their foot down and say "FIX IT!"... say hello to lawsuits "round 2" and possible criminal prosecution for failure to comply with a court order.

Bandwagon fallacy, glittering generality, mob authority, transfer, survivorship bias...

Millions of people think the orange cheeto-fingered half-tweet is a "really stable genius". Disproven every time he opens his yap.

Millions of people think that being asked to wear a mask violates their rights. Rights that end when your actions endanger the welfare of others!

Millions of people think the Civil War was about "states rights". As having never once having read the various states declarations of causes, much less the "Cornerstone Speech"

Millions of people think Billie Eilish is talented and deserved her Grammy. Where the f*** it's Floor's grammy?!?

Millions of people think that David "avocado" Wolf is qualified to teach them about health.

Millions of women have shoved jade eggs up their steamed clams because Gwenyth Paltrow said so.

Millions upon billions of people think there's a magical psychopathic maniac in the sky threatening them with eternal torment. Because "He loves you".

Millions of people think the Earth is flat, or only 6000 years old, or that some 300 year old man built a boat to hold every animal in creation upon it as the magical whackjob in the sky committed genocide. "Rain... 40 days of it. I guess even God is entitled to a do-over." -- Father Comstock

Millions of people think that their faith is about "love, tolerance, and enlightenment" which is why it tells them to hate people of other faiths, homosexuals, minorities, and anyone else who doesn't meet their perfect picture of a WASP. Much less the blatant dismissal of any facts that contradict the moldy old tome written by goat herders who didn't know where the sun went at night.

Doesn't make a single damned one of them right. Large herds of people will believe almost any amount of bullshit if you wrap it in words like "good" or "easy", and couch it in language like "millions are using it". It's one of the best and most powerful ways of marketing scams. Be they political, religious, or societal. That's why dealing with framework fanboys is so oft akin to dealing with cultists. The confirmation bias, survivorship bias, and cognitive dissonance is too deeply ingrained.

As I often say, no matter how much they use the words "love, tolerance, and enlightenment" all that is peddled from the pulpit is hatred, bigotry, and intolerance. In that same way when framework developers and fans use the words "easy" or "simple" or "better"... well...

Because to be frank if people bothered to:

... they'd know just how big a monument to developer ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude these "frameworks" are!

Your own ignorance of the languages and technologies -- as repeatedly proven by your replies to @JEET -- being the heart of why you come across as being utterly and totally full of it.

But how dare anyone contest the status quo. ANYTHING to keep suckering nubes and rubes alike into the BALD FACED LIES put forth by framework developers. It might actually endanger their jobs and livelihoods if just how big a steaming pile of manure these systems they rely upon became common knowledge. As evidenced by how whenever you show someone with more than one brain cell to rub together just how badly they're being scammed, they reply in anger and disgust with "WTF" and sacks the know-nothings framework fanboys.

There's a reason they all should just admit defeat and go back to writing HTML 3.2 with all those CENTER/FONT tags, ALIGN, COLOR, BGCOLOR attributes, and tables for layout they all so dearly seem to miss; given the absurd lengths they go to in order to recreate that same broken design mentality using classes.

malky66, JEET and Spoiltdiva like this.
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I can't weigh in as to the topic at hand as I know next to nothing about it. But I felt that I needed to drop by to tell you that in my opinion, you are one of the 3 best writers that we have on DP.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 27, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn and JEET like this.
  10. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are just as challenged with communication..... I think I need to dumb it down to you...

This is how this conversation is currently going:

Deathshadow: Here is an example of a great modern web site that uses a material design user interface: cutcodedown.com
    Me: haha. That is NOT a modern web site. It looks like it was built 20 years ago.
    DeathShadow: PROVE IT. POST YOUR WEB SITE!!!!!
    Me: Huh? I am stating that the web site you posted is NOT a modern web site.
    Deathshadow: GARBAGE POST YOUR SITE OR SHUT UP.
    Me: Your site is not modern. Posting my web sites does not make your site any more or less dated. *confused look*
    Deathshadow: THEN PROVE IT!

You are too stupid for this social interaction. This isn't a NetStar vs Deathshadow web site for web site show down. This is about your basic looking simple boring out dated poorly designed web site. That's my mutually shared opinion with the community here. You seem to think your web site is modern..........that's more awkward than your social skills. hehe.. clown

NetStar, Sep 27, 2020 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And this is exactly what I mean. Newbies are actually convinced that deathshadow provides good info. Lol.

NetStar, Sep 27, 2020 IP
  12. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    REALLY? Where in this thread did I say that? YOU'RE the one who brought it up as a defensive kneejerk for your unsupported view. An attack you hide behind a screen so nobody can respond to properly. A view you refuse to support with anything to make your opinions valid. A view you flat out refuse to explain with anything other than declaratives. It devolves your entire argument into an ad-hominem attack.

Which you do time and time again on most every damned thread you wade into. You make grandiouse statements and rag on everyone else without ever daring to expose yourself to a response in kind. If that's not the definition of a troll, damned if I know what is. The one thing that differentiates us is I'm willing to show people my work. I'm willing to point to where I get this stuff from. I'm willing to make a rational backing argument that dissects what's wrong. You literally just say "wah wah, is not" and that's the be-all end-all of your idea of "discussion".

Which is just part of why everything your saying is unfounded, unsupported, and utter total rubbish. Your opinion means shit if you can't back it up with something more than "Because I say so" or have the balls to expose yourself to an apples to apples comparison. I have damned little use for cowards and liars; you seem to be both.

What exactly do you think is better? What EXACTLY do you think is the "proper" way? What exactly have you done for anyone?!?

And again you still dodge past looking at or commenting on the example of work I do for others. Probably because it takes your entire argument and guts it.

As to the "opinion of the community" how many "best answers" do you have again? How many people have you ACTUALLY helped on these forums the past decade with legitimate answers to legitimate problems? The answer appears to be pretty close to zero. Because you're full of shit, can't actually provide defense or supporting arguments for your views, and seem to only give a damn about yourself and how many people you can rip off.

But no, you're just going to chicken out with another yellow-bellied statement devoid of supporting facts, mated to an equally ignorant and illiterate "wah wah, wall of text".

News flash, this is a forums. If you hate text so much, GTFO. Go back to Twitter with all the other half-tweets.

Spoiltdiva likes this.
  13. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Huh? Apparently you cannot comprehend that @Spoiltdiva did NOT address the quality of @deathshadow's info. She ONLY addressed the quality of his WRITING. She specifically stated that she had an extremely limited knowledge of the topic at hand.

mmerlinn, Sep 27, 2020 IP
    JEET and Spoiltdiva like this.
  14. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but it was another perfectly good chance for him to twist what people are saying into something they don't mean. It's been his modus operandi the whole time. It's why in a criminal investigation they'd really "like" him.

Perp: "That's a good thing, right?"
    Catherine Willows: "No, it isn't."

JEET likes this.
  15. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @NetStar

Look at the part of post which @Spoiltdiva quoted.
    All of those things are true.
    Simply because millions are following something, does not makes it the right choice.
    Oh, if she is a newbe with 7000 posts here, then what are you with 2000 posts?

I agree with you that lots of companies require people to have knowledge of those frameworks that you are favouring, but one by one these same companies are getting sued now.
    That time is not far when those frameworks will become obselete, these same companies will stop using these, and you will start lecturing people to "update skills" because they are using those frameworks.

By the way, you still haven't showed one site which "you" think is modern and also meets accessibility standards.
    I am not asking this to show some fault or something.
    I am asking because I want to know what according to you is modern.

Something that half the people cannot use, something that loads properly on only one browser, but looks awesome on the one browser where it opens,
    that cannot be modern.
    Its a failure at developer's end...
    Shows lack of knowledge of the developer, not their awesome design skills...

JEET, Sep 28, 2020 IP
  16. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Side note:
    This is a refreshing level of honesty in an industry devoid of it.

deathshadow, Sep 28, 2020 IP
    JEET and Spoiltdiva like this.
  17. ILHWEJD20

ILHWEJD20 Peon

Best Answers:
    They just lack the knowledge to articulate it, or identify the source of the problem

ILHWEJD20, Oct 7, 2020 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  18. Serial Scraper

Serial Scraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    From what I can gather, he is using Next.js
    https://nextjs.org/

Serial Scraper, Oct 28, 2020 IP