1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OFFERING FREE GUEST POSTS good or bad idea ?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by marketingtopic, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Hey guys just an idea of mine i was just wondering what you guys think so i was thinking of offering free guest posts for my website but you would after provide high quality content and i will allow 1 link back to your own website would this help my site rank better. my thinking behind this is i cannot create all the content my self what do you guys think my site is about home security ect

marketingtopic, Sep 26, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The only time I was ever tempted to give a free guest post it turned into a nightmare of me rejecting for poor quality and the rewrite was barely better. If you have any respect for your readers you'll insist on quality but have trouble getting it.

sarahk, Sep 27, 2020 IP
    marketingtopic and mmerlinn like this.
  3. marketingtopic

marketingtopic Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you for your reply and yes i would be completly checking the content in unique and is a good read i was just seeing if i could find any people who was interested in doing this.

marketingtopic, Sep 28, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    This thread is to find out if it's a good idea.

If you want to find people to submit guest posts you need to post in our Link Exchange section.

sarahk, Sep 28, 2020 IP
  5. JohnEevans

JohnEevans Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's a great idea if you have some good content to share. ALso it will give you chance to get free backlink

JohnEevans, Oct 1, 2020 IP
  6. susiparker

susiparker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Accepting free guest posts for link exchange is not a bad idea. However, you should be careful about the quality of content because people often send low-quality that can effort your audience.

susiparker, Oct 7, 2020 IP
  7. cdawson6887

cdawson6887 Member

Best Answers:
    If the content your getting from people is good, it would only be beneficial to your website. I would separate posts from your own so that you don't have a bunch of posts with outbound links to a bunch of different sites. Also, make sure the guest posts are not plagiarized.

cdawson6887, Nov 6, 2020 IP
  8. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    This can be a good idea since it really seems like some kind of fair trade, but you need to be careful about guest posts that you are receiving and make sure to check them in detail so that they really meet your standards and not to allow your audience to see and read some bad content that was written just for the purpose of being published somewhere. This often happens with free forms of link exchange, I had similar experiences before so I know what I am talking about here, as many people what to do guest posting, but they don't always gave a good idea for it so it can happen that it looks bad and with poor quality.

VortexAlpha, Mar 16, 2022 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. erikemanuelli

erikemanuelli Member

Best Answers:
    There are pros and cons to offering free guest posts. On the one hand, it can be a great way to get high-quality content from respected sources. On the other hand, it can also be abused by people who are only looking for a free way to promote their own work or website.

Overall, I think it's a good idea as long as you're selective about who you allow posting on your website. Make sure you only accept submissions from reputable sources and be prepared to reject submissions from people who aren't qualified or who don't meet your standards.

erikemanuelli, Apr 6, 2022 IP
  10. Tom Lindstrom

Tom Lindstrom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every website owner is looking for high-quality, unique, informative, helpful, fun... content. It is quite hard to write fresh content that has the potential to reach to the top of Google´s search results. If you accept guest posts, you need to have exact guidelines of what kind of content you are looking for.

Tom Lindstrom, Apr 6, 2022 IP
  11. Miguelmateos

Miguelmateos Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    High-quality guest posts are hard to come by but then again how much time will it really take out of your daily routine to go over submitted posts and see if they follow your quality guidelines if so great if not let the writer know what the problem is with their article or just tell them that you will have to deny the article due to quality issues and or not following your rules to the T, I offer guest posting on a few of my sites and truth be told without them some of the sites would slowly just die out since there is only so much time in a day

Miguelmateos, May 6, 2022 IP
  12. Jeet Tan

Jeet Tan Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on how big your blog is. If you are getting a good amount of traction already, I see no harm opening up to free guest posts - guest posts are basically free content. You can then screen the posts based on the quality and if the quality is good, informative and will further improve your blog. Why not?

Jeet Tan, May 8, 2022 IP
  13. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well the thing its that you need quality content needed for your website in this way it would be beneficial for you and for other people also

Spartan14, May 8, 2022 IP