1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is bing not popular as Google?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Jalal Niazi, Sep 3, 2020.

Hello users!
    I'm a newcomer here. I've used both Google & Bing and just had a question because bing provides many reliable features...
    What's your take on this!
    Thanks.

Jalal Niazi, Sep 3, 2020 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Back then when google came, it became popular because of its better results.

These days its popular because people are on Android and google is the default engine there.

Microsoft does not has a phone OS as popular as Android.

JEET, Sep 5, 2020 IP
  3. DigitalDavinda

DigitalDavinda Peon

Best Answers:
    One word - Chrome.

OK, another one too - advertising. Duckduckgo advertises more than Bing, doesn't have a native platform, that I know of (such as brave browser for bing), yet still has 3/4 of the traffic that bing does.

Google is everywhere.

DigitalDavinda, Sep 7, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 and JEET like this.
  4. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are microsoft haters that will boycott bing. They don't want to like it. They find it comical. I like their webmaster tools though. Bing isn't elsewhere, other than online as a search engine. Bing has not invaded the personal lives of its user through implementation of its software in devices.

davilama2682, Sep 17, 2020 IP
  5. NicoleW

NicoleW Member

Best Answers:
    advertising, comfortable and easy for the user, great tools

NicoleW, Sep 18, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  6. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @davilama2682
    I think you are saying right that Bing is not collecting personal data from your computer for advertising like Google because i see many times that if we are searching for any thing to buy online ..... then after if you are going to any blog or websites who is using adsense then related ads will appear there ..... same with facebook.

Bing webmaster tools is also good.

According to my experience bing is very good for image search ...... you can compare with google ..... I got always good resolution images from bing.

Both are king in his area ....

For many search criteria like torrent file (For music or movie) i see that duckduckgo and bing result is more better than google.

So i think we should not compare both because in many case Google is superior but in few case bing is better than Google.

seomanualsubmission, Sep 19, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  7. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's also Google Earth (and Streetview). I know that Bing has a version of Streetview but their version doesn't cover anywhere near as many places

SpacePhoenix, Sep 20, 2020 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Can't find the article anymore, but it said that they considered two other names, but settled on "Bing", because it was better sounding and easy to remember. THAT was a mistake imo. If you saw the other two names you'd think the same. Secondly, if you want to beat your competition you'll have to be much better at what they do.

qwikad.com, Sep 20, 2020 IP
  9. DreamBoy

DreamBoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don’t think anyone is surprised that objectively, Google is the better search engine. It’s been around longer, it’s by far the most popular, and it’s constantly innovating. I was surprised at how similar the two search engines were in terms of features. Bing even does a few things better, like video. But, while I occasionally preferred Bing’s results to Google for general searches, Google’s ability to dig things out of the darkest corners of the internet is just too valuable. It’s a closer call than I expected, but Google is still the best search engine around. :)

DreamBoy, Sep 20, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  10. NicoleW

NicoleW Member

Best Answers:
    How can you compare them in general? Google is the basis of all search engines, the most popular, widespread, convenient and well-known. while I don't even remember how the home page looks like on Bing

NicoleW, Sep 21, 2020 IP
  11. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well simple because engineers from google was smarter than bing engineers . Its the same like coca cola dominates fanta brand .It builds something that bring more value to people or know how to market theirself etc

Spartan14, Sep 21, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  12. NicoleW

NicoleW Member

Best Answers:
    you can't say better);)

NicoleW, Sep 22, 2020 IP
  13. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Spartan14
    Lots of google engineers are actually hired out of Microsoft.
    Coders at google and MS level are pretty much at same level of coding know how. They are just working on different concepts and algos...

JEET, Oct 2, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  14. JessicaLog

JessicaLog Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, but even if Bing has a better search algorithm, it won't be enough.

JessicaLog, Nov 5, 2020 IP
  15. cdawson6887

cdawson6887 Member

Best Answers:
    When you go to bing and and search for something the results just don't compare to what you would find searching the same in Google. There have been times where I have been searching for my website on bing and it brings up weird results and when I go to google it shows me all backlinks. I will say that Bing has all my posts index but Google now only will Indexed what THEY think is quality.

cdawson6887, Nov 6, 2020 IP
  16. jessicaherron9

jessicaherron9 Member

Best Answers:
    They are entirely different search engines and neither one of them relies on the other to carry out their searches. To do their searches, each one uses their own unique algorithm to come up with the results that you need. And, they are entirely different companies, with Bing being owned by Microsoft

jessicaherron9, Nov 5, 2021 IP
  17. shalom_m

shalom_m Member

Best Answers:
    You are comparing apples and oranges.
    True both Google and Bing are search engines.

Consider this:
    • Google is Alphabet’s flagship company and makes up some 81% of the company’s annual revenue.
    • On the other hand, Bing is but a sidekick of Microsoft making up less than 5% of Microsoft’s annual revenue.
    In other words, if Bing would sink and drown – a head or two at MS might roll, but the company would definitely survive. If however Google would drop dead tomorrow, Alphabet would have YouTube, Waze and a few other small companies to manage – more or less a death sentence for company and board.

shalom_m, Nov 22, 2021 IP
  18. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    Google has really effective advertising

Gamerseo, Nov 22, 2021 IP
  19. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is simply ineffective. Where Google gives out really relevant search options for a query, Bing may suggest all sorts of heresy.

Đặng Văn Bình, Nov 24, 2021 IP