1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Many Links Do I need to Rank

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Martin Lilash, Aug 28, 2020.

I am building a new African safari tour website. I have looked at many other websites' links just trying to gauge the competition and the average backlinks is 31. How many backlinks do i need to outshine them and how long should this take me to rank?

Martin Lilash, Aug 28, 2020 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Where did you checked this?

If its one of those SEO tools, then those are not using any search engine's data to show you number of links.
    They are indexing websites themselves, and most good websites have blocked their bots.

Secondly, to rank, its not just back link numbers you need.
    You also need good content on your own website, both in terms of quantity and quality.

JEET, Aug 28, 2020 IP
    happykahlon likes this.
  3. mariopepper

mariopepper Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It might take enough time.You should be ready to wait. But it's good strategy to promote your site with white seo backilinks

mariopepper, Aug 29, 2020 IP
  4. miniexpert

miniexpert Peon

Best Answers:
    you also need to see DA of your competitors, simple compare your site to the competitors with same DA, and see how many links they have. It's useless compare own site to Wiki, who has 31 links, and expect your site can compete with them.

miniexpert, Aug 30, 2020 IP
  5. Martin Lilash

Martin Lilash Peon

Best Answers:
    n
    no am not planning to use any seo tool. I wanted to do this manually and see what works

Martin Lilash, Sep 1, 2020 IP
  6. Martin Lilash

Martin Lilash Peon

Best Answers:
    according to what I have read, there is a thin line between the white hat and grey hat. Some of the white hat methods have turned grey hat. what would be the long lasting solution to this?

Martin Lilash, Sep 1, 2020 IP
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @miniexpert
    You wrote,
    you also need to see DA of your competitors, simple compare your site to the competitors with same DA, and see how many links they have. It's useless compare own site to Wiki, who has 31 links, and expect your site can compete with them.

You honestly think that a site like wiki would have 31 links?
    A site with 31 links will nowhere be even close to wiki in authority.
    Backlink count and authority are directly proportional to each other.
    If you have high DA, it means you also have high backlink number, and vice versa.

By the way, google is not releasing DA data,
    so wherever you are getting it from, its useless "made up" numbers...

JEET, Sep 1, 2020 IP
  8. happykahlon

happykahlon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree with @JEET its not just all about back link number. Need to focus on unique and user-friendly content to get engagement and traffic.

happykahlon, Sep 2, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. atriva

atriva Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

@JEET i only found ahrefs.com (the backlink checker), do you maybe know any sites that i can also check my SEO ? did you do any changes to your page yet?
    can you please look at my page and maybe give me some pointers on what to change? https://www.atriva-kandelabri.si/

thanks

atriva, Sep 7, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  10. Akeel Din

Akeel Din Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How many and how long are good questions but I don't think they can be answered accurately because they will depend on your link building strategy.

Akeel Din, Sep 7, 2020 IP
  11. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @atriva
    Things seem fine on your website. You probably only need some more content on your website, more pages.

JEET, Sep 7, 2020 IP
  12. mariopepper

mariopepper Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Taking white hao backling stratagy and following it for a while. Then you can rate the result

mariopepper, Sep 8, 2020 IP
  13. Dax Clark

Dax Clark Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    You don't need the number of backlinks. It fully depends on the quality of backlinks. If you created 100 of low-quality backlinks then these are not better than 10 of high-quality backlinks.
    Neil Patel says:
    There's no need to worry about the number of backlinks so long as the ones you generate are from high domain authority websites. ... In the other corner stands those who argue for the quantity of backlinks. They say that the amount of backlinks you generate is far more important than the quality of those backlinks

Dax Clark, Sep 8, 2020 IP
  14. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no specific number of backlinks that you need in order to rank but, keep in mind that link building is a constant process you need to implement into your website strategy. Some people look for a specific number of links to have so that they can focus on content generation or whatever but, you need to always build these backlinks to your website naturally all of the time. Do not give up on growing backlinks just because you think you have reached enough.

davilama2682, Sep 17, 2020 IP
  15. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are merely a percentage of ranking your site. Google determines 200+ factors to rank a website in search engines. Those days are gone when we only focus on backlinks to rank a website.

iwebsocial, Sep 19, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  16. DreamBoy

DreamBoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Generally, a ranking of 60 to 100 is phenomenal, 40 to 50 is okay, and below 40 isn't great. If you want to build high-quality backlinks, then start by building links from high domain authority websites that are also relevant to your niche and trusted by searchers all over the Internet.

DreamBoy, Sep 20, 2020 IP
  17. Elsner Technologies

Elsner Technologies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There should not be exact number. First of all you have to create a content which helps users to get their need. What they want. If you complete that user requirements by your perfect content. Definitely your website will grow slowly and gradually. Futhermore. if you create a backlink from your niche sites with good quality of good you can rank faster but link should be organic and must be placed properly

Elsner Technologies, Sep 21, 2020 IP
  18. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well seo game its not only about who has the most links will win .Its a complicated game where its about : content ,how old its the domain or website ,the content ,how much time people spend on your website etc .So in conclusion its not easy ,start by buildding more links ,build more content ,maybe ask a seo expert help etc

Spartan14, Sep 21, 2020 IP
  19. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Over 100 but you need some awesome content.

praetserge, Oct 2, 2020 IP
  20. Antony Silva

Antony Silva Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on the amount of content. If you have 30 new pages, then it is quite possible to place 2-3 external links. But even if you make 1000 new pages, you shouldn't give more than 20 such links.

Antony Silva, Oct 7, 2020 IP