1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where can I buy WordPress plugins?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Ayoub benali01, Aug 27, 2020.

Recently I found many pages on IG offering crazy plugins sales, like totally crazy 400 plugins for only 4.99$! So I've been wondering where do you guys buy your plugins?
    Also is there any useful plugins I can use for a blog site?
    I'm interested in your thoughts thank you in advance!

Ayoub benali01, Aug 27, 2020 IP
  2. irfansyah

irfansyah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Codecanyon

irfansyah, Aug 27, 2020 IP
    Ayoub benali01 likes this.
  3. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Thank you!

Ayoub benali01, Aug 27, 2020 IP
  4. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's kind of stuff that earned Wordpress bad name for performance and security. I mean, how can you expect someone to develop properly 400 working and safe plugins, to update them regularly, and to do it for 1.25 cents per plugin, that's cents?! It is not humanly possible for a small team; and if it's a big team, they need to sell millions of those packages to break even; and you know when will they sell it? Never, and maybe not even then.

So, if you want to test your luck with ruining your site and giving @deathshadow valid reason to thrash it, go ahead and purchase that package.

Furthermore, what are you gonna do with 400 plugins?! People usually need a specific website functionality, and they look for a plugin that offers such a functionality. Your example sounds like the opposite strategy - let me purchase 400 plugins, it's just a fiver, and then I will figure out what to do with them, there will be one or two or a dozen that might do something useful on my site. It's just a fiver, yes, but very likely a wasted fiver, methinks .

Personally I purchased very few plugins and themes, surely less than a dozen, and all of them were upgrades from free versions available in Wordpress repository - you install free version (actually, a dozen of plugins' free versions - you can usually find tens of plugins that work the same stuff), you see how it works on different devices, does it slow down the site or crash it, read reviews, ask a question or two on support forums (that's the most frequent support channel for plugins and themes), compare that dozen of plugins which serve the same purpose, then you decide which one is the best for your needs, and upgrade, as simple as that.

CodeCanyon mentioned above is credible source, they are serious, along with their sister site, Envato Market, I purchased some php scripts from them earlier without issues. Though, one big advantage of themes/plugins from WP repository is that you update them from WP Dashboard (and with this latest WP update last week, 5.5, both themes and plugins can be set for autoupdate, so I will never have to worry again about outdated ones), whereas those external plugins and themes have to be updated manually, uploading the files. So, with thousands of plugins available in WP repository itself, I don't see any good reason to go for external plugins.

Saputnik, Aug 27, 2020 IP
    Ayoub benali01 and sarahk like this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I typically use the find new plugin inside wp-admin with the expectation that some vetting has been done.

buying a bundle of 400 plugins reminds me of the days when CDs were glued to the front of magazines and each month there would be joyful expectation of what was inside only to be underwhelmed.

It's far better to have a business plan and build a website to support that plan. If it needs a carousel then find one, if it needs something dinky, look for it or build it yourself.

Far too often the plugins try to do too much and end up as bloated messes. You could write a much simpler, faster plugin in very little time. I'm not advocating reinventing the wheel, but don't limit yourself to existing plugins and don't risk your business on shoddy code.

sarahk, Aug 27, 2020 IP
    Ayoub benali01 likes this.
  6. Ayoub benali01

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing post!
    Lol I will never buy such packages it's not logical also like you said it's impossible for a small team or even a big one to develop all of those plugins, AND SELLING THEM FOR A CENT!
    The problem is some people get along these things and actually buy them! Which is ridiculous tbh.
    Thank you for your insights again, I appreciate it.

Ayoub benali01, Aug 28, 2020 IP
  7. Ayoub benali01

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Lol those glued Cds still exist where I live!
    I actually checked wp-admin and it's so very decent I found some good stuff indeed thanks a ton Sarahk you really helped!

Ayoub benali01, Aug 28, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  8. Efetobor Agbontaen

Efetobor Agbontaen Active Member

Best Answers:
    The plugins are more than likely Nulled Plugins. ie Paid plugins that has been cracked.
    These plugins very often contain back doors so it's best you stay away from them

Efetobor Agbontaen, Sep 1, 2020 IP
    Ayoub benali01, sarahk and Saputnik like this.
  9. Ayoub benali01

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Clear! Thank you for the advice.

Ayoub benali01, Sep 2, 2020 IP
    Efetobor Agbontaen likes this.