1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Collection of online tools and utilities for text, numbers, dates, and various other data types.

Discussion in 'Sites' started by callmebert, Jul 18, 2020.

Why are you selling this site?

I've build this as a challenge for myself, and accomplished as much. Unfortunately, I'm tight on cash and would like to pass it on to someone else who may want or need it -- either for SEO or otherwise. It has great potential in the right hands.

How is it monetized?

It's not. App is brand new and I haven't had the time to do anything yet. No visitors or any revenue yet.

Does this site come with any social media accounts?

Yes, Twitter. Will also include domain email via zoho.

How much time does this site take to run?

As little as few hours a month? Once the content is up, it should be trivial to optimize for SEO. Would be a good idea to add new content (tools) periodically.

What challenges are there with running this site?

Site is built with node.js, so buyer will need to know how to run such an app and have access to a vps server, or something that can run node.js. Some html/js/css knowledge will be useful for adding new content.

---

Web app was build from scratch with a certain node.js framework & mysql over the course of ~3 months in my spare time and accumulated over 270 commits. It has user accounts (easily enabled/disabled, but not on right now) and an admin panel to perform various tasks and add/edit new content. It's build with SEO in mind, is very lightweight, and runs very smoothly on my free, low spec VPS.

To get this going you need to keep adding new content, which I will explain how and where to source it to the buyer. Ideally, it should have 30-50 total apps. The admin panel has a very extensive content editor(s) with live preview and various other helper tools to make adding new content very easy.

https://www.coditools.com/

Cheers

callmebert, Jul 18, 2020 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am totally confused as to what you are selling and what possible use it could have. Why can't I just do a google search for whatever tools I need and get them for free?

mmerlinn, Jul 18, 2020 IP
  3. callmebert

callmebert Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @mmerlinn The use case is SEO and whatever else you want to do with it. Maybe monetize it via ads or promote your other products. There's only a handful sites like this all looking and performing a lot worse than mine, so it's only a matter of time before this one will start taking over in search results, or so I hope. The reason there aren't that many sites like this is because it's not trivial to build it. I'm happy to answer more of your questions if something's not clear.

4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You are using Google Analytics but have chosen not to disclose them. May I ask why this is?

Spoiltdiva, Jul 18, 2020 IP
  5. callmebert

callmebert Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Spoiltdiva

As stated in the description, app is brand new and hence no analytics data is available. An no traffic/users aside from some odd visits here and there. You will need to get it going yourself, if you have the chops.

6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ^^^Not exactly "brand new" but I will check back with you in the near future, might be interested then.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 18, 2020 IP
  7. callmebert

callmebert Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Spoiltdiva

> over the course of ~3 months...

This was referring to the development period, not the live site (it was done locally on my machine first). I've build it from scratch, and only deployed it recently once it was finished and I was satisfied with the result.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  8. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So, I can build a website with it?

I simply do not see any value. You have collected tools for your app. I can collect those same tools by googling for them and instead of having gobs of tools I don't need I would only have the needed ones.

9. callmebert

callmebert Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @mmerlinn Not exactly, let me explain...

Take this site for example (not mine, btw) h t t p s://charcounter.com/en/
    It does only one thing and nothing else, and ranks fairly high in search results. My app is (or aims to be) a sort of a central hub for tools like these. Here's mine: https://www.coditools.com/app/character-counter

To put it another way, it has a custom back-end, or CMS, if you will, to make and publish apps and tools like these very easy. It has a live preview etc. Ideally it would need 30-40 tools total with good descriptions and seo magic to start outranking all the others.

Does that make sense?

Edit: To clarify, this is not for downloading all the tools -- rather, for using it online. Say a password generator, a CSV to JSON converter, color palette generator, and anything else you may need quickly. Instead of googling and going to a separate site for each one, you have a central repository for all of these in one place.

Honestly, this app will be handled best by more technically inclined potential owner. Not suggesting you aren't, but maybe it's just not your cup of tea. I'm getting some interest from people that do see the value and potential in this, so that's that.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  10. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am not very technically inclined at all. Just been programming computers for 40 years. The only things I really need are a tool to extract text from pdfs, a tool to edit text in pdfs, and a tool to build pdfs from a database. After years of searching, I have found nothing to do my job, although there are some convoluted apps that are half-assed usable. Neither have I found anything that explains the details of pdfs so I can build my own app. Every other tool I need is either readily available or easily built.