1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I attract traffic from a certain country?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mrweb, Jul 6, 2020.

Hello,

My website content is almost in English (movies and a blog) and I would like to attract more visitors from USA and UK. I use SEO to get traffic but only around 30% of my visitors are from those two countries.

Is there a SEO technique I should use to drive more British and American visitors? For example, I should have more backlinks from American websites!!

Thanks

mrweb, Jul 6, 2020 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    It may be something as simple as creating keyword focused content to improve the ranking of target keywords. For if your site is primarily in English, it would likely rank best in the US and UK, but we would need to see how it's set up. Do you have a US/UK domain?

Oso Optimized, Jul 6, 2020 IP
  3. zoink59

zoink59 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hard to offer concrete suggestions without knowing more about your website. What is your website about? Where is it hosted? If the site is about Vintage British motorcars you would have the potential to rank pretty well in the UK with some good optimization. Do you have any presence in UK or US-based online communities related to your website topic? Need more data in order to offer any solid advice.

zoink59, Jul 6, 2020 IP
  4. prasannas

prasannas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a very simple solution to get the targeted traffic from any particular country.
    Add your site in Google Webmaster Tool and also Bing Webmaster Tool, verify the site as per instructions.
    Go to Geo targeting option from left-side menu options.
    Click the option, select the country from you wish to target the traffic and click save.
    That's all done.
    By this setting, both search engine start sending visitors from that particular country.
    Thanks for reading.

prasannas, Jul 6, 2020 IP
  5. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For if your site is primarily in English, it would likely rank best in the US and UK, but we would need to see how it's set up. Do you have a US/UK domain?

I categorize movies by countries this way linkedfilm.com/United-states but no special domains for each country, will it be better?

mrweb, Jul 11, 2020 IP
  6. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My website is for streaming movies and a blog. It's hosted in USA.

mrweb, Jul 11, 2020 IP
  7. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @prasannas I did that in April 2020 but it didn't make a difference, I don't know why!!

mrweb, Jul 11, 2020 IP
  8. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Since content is already in English, and target countries are also English speaking countries, then its all about domain name and backlinks from similar niche websites.
    Try to get some .co.uk sites to link to your content, but not just anyone, other movie related blogs of UK.
    For USA traffic, although there is a TLD for USA (.US) but links from any other movie related sites are good enough.

JEET, Jul 11, 2020 IP
    LadyStarc likes this.
  9. LadyStarc

LadyStarc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What you need to do is promoting your site/getting backlinks from the local sites. Also, you can use blogging sites that get traffic from these two countries. Besides that use social media as well. It is a great medium for the niche you are working in. Will have even more chance of getting traffice from US and UK.

LadyStarc, Jul 13, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  10. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @LadyStarc
    Facebook etc allows upload of parts of movies? or links to websites streaming movies?
    I asked because recently I uploaded a song video, and the video got removed by fb on copyright grounds.

JEET, Jul 13, 2020 IP
  11. srarlievs1122

srarlievs1122 Peon

Best Answers:
    As mentioned by others, it might have to do with your domain name. if not that, then perhaps it's the topics that you are covering? even if you are writing about US movies, any coverage of films from you own country or images that relate to them might have an effect. US users are typically gut reactive, so when they see a photo or a video that might be foreign, they'll click away.

srarlievs1122, Jul 17, 2020 IP
  12. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should be good on the domain. I'd focus on building more content, specifically focused on reaching us and uk markets. And follow some of the other advice already given by others in this thread.

Oso Optimized, Jul 18, 2020 IP
  13. LewisH95

LewisH95 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Domain Name Extension.
    Google Search console Geo-Targeting.
    Web Hosting Server Location.
    Backlinks.
    Content Level Targeting.
    Local SEO Using Google my business.
    Submit Website To Local Search Engines & Directories.
    Use Google Trends.

LewisH95, Aug 25, 2020 IP
  14. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your great comments :)

mrweb, Aug 30, 2020 IP