1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about the problem I'm having with the website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by grega123, Jun 18, 2020.

Hello,

I have one question, which does deal with SEO in someway, but mostly about hosting. I don't know where to ask this question so I'm sorry if I picked the wrong subforum.

Anyway, I have a website hosted on Bluehost (pro plan - best hosting plan). It mostly just a blog, I write posts and publish them (using Wordpress). Currently I have around 80 posts published.

Anyway what is happening to me is really annoying and I am thinking about changing the hosting company (probably SiteGround, Idk).

The problem I'm having is like this:
    • Every couple of months (like once per 2-3 months) my site starts to work really slow, like 15-20 seconds loading time. While normally it loads around 1.5 sec.
    • When it starts working slow, it also becomes not-responding (I click something and nothing happens).
    • It is also very common, that instead of page being loaded I get an error (something like: ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED)
    • This happens randomly, when I am not doing anything on the website (not publishing, not installing plugins, or doing anything at all). I go to sleep my site works great, I wake up and it's corrupted.

I always do the same, after this happens, I go to live chat and try talking to technical support.
    They tell me to switch browser, clear cache, etc. Of course nothing helps.
    They always promise that it will be fixed in an hour or two, but it's not.
    Sometimes they say there's problem with my SSL certificate, they reinstall it, but it doesn't fix.
    The last time they fixed it for me, the guy said something like he reinstalled my httaccess file - after he did this, the site began to work actually.

Anyway, after 2-3 days, somehow the site starts to work again, becomes fast and responds, without any errors. I never know if it's because of something they did (fix) or is it just random.

I do not have any programing skills. I never touch or install stuff to my site.
    All I do, is write posts (add content) to my site.

My question here is: is there something on their end that is wrong, or am I doing something wrong?
    Will changing the host help me, or do you think something else should be done to avoid further problems?

Thanks for all the answers.

grega123, Jun 18, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd want to see your site when it's slow and put some logging into the code.

My first thought is that there's malware that only activates periodically

sarahk, Jun 18, 2020 IP
  3. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I would add is that Bluehost is not a great host for Wordpress. I have a client there that gets ridiculously slow speeds and have been trying to convince her to move to a faster WP host.

Oso Optimized, Jun 18, 2020 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    A faulty database can behave this way too. In the past I had one DB that would bog down (or would lock up not being able to process multiple requests) and I would have to restart the MySQL server / repair the DB for the issue to go away.

qwikad.com, Jun 18, 2020 IP
  5. grega123

grega123 Peon

Best Answers:
    How do I check if my database is faulty?

grega123, Jun 18, 2020 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I would try to contact one of the admins at BlueHost. I am not with them, but the hosting company I am with has knowledgeable, professional admins. An admin can check your DB for corruptions. It's quite possible that during the times your site was slow or down there were errors thrown, an admin can check to see what the errors were about. The regular support usually knows very little about the technical side of things. Only an experienced admin can take care of the issues you're describing.

qwikad.com, Jun 18, 2020 IP
  7. justinmidlet

justinmidlet Member

Best Answers:
    switch to blogger , i have a very nice simple and rich in the same time blogger template for you just pm me.
    this is how to export and import your posts to blogger >>https://wpsites.net/wordpress-tips/wordpress-to-blogger-how-to-move-your-blog-from-wordpress-to-blogger/

justinmidlet, Jun 19, 2020 IP
  8. IAmTheAnswer

IAmTheAnswer Member

Best Answers:
    When you're experiencing a loading issue, I believe it does not always reflect on the hosting side especially when you're running a WordPress site. There are lots of reasons why you're experiencing a slow load time in your website.

If you're planning to change your hosting provider then be sure to find a hosting company that delivers an exceptional support to their customers.

IAmTheAnswer, Jun 21, 2020 IP