1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No Value Content DigitalPoint "Well Known Members"

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ProfitLikeCrazy, May 31, 2020.

I know that this post/thread my take some heat from some members who may disagree with what I've observe with some "Well Know Members" here at DigitalPoint.

In the short time I've joined this forum it has been awesome but there are some "Well Known Members" here that post "question" threads and/or post as click bait to get others to click through to their signature links.

There are also "Well Known Members" who post obvious or ridiculous questions to spark attention and they give zero value or help tutorials to this community dispute having a "Well Known Member" status. In the short time I've been here I feel that I've given more value than a few of these so called seasoned members.

How can you be a seasoned member of this forum and asking entry level questions; it is quit clear the click bait tactics that I see going on around the forum.

My advice is that if you're only hear to drop entry level questions and you're a seasoned member that is a red flag.

If you drop questions and don't return to get the answers are even engage with answers to your own questions that is a red flag.

At least if you're going to be hanging around this forum give back some value of what you've learnt to help those in need and stop prying on the unsuspecting newbies as click bait to your signature or website.

I don't what to call out any members because I don't believe in personal attacks because it's not cool; but you know who you are. Now that I've gotten that off my chest - have a happy Sunday.

ProfitLikeCrazy, May 31, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The labelling of members is built into the forum software - it was a big deal in the early days of the internet and needs to be dropped. So, the software wants people to have labels based on how many posts they have and people who have lots of posts get called "Well Known Members". As you've discovered it's completely meaningless. Keep posting, you'll work out who you can ignore and whose posts are valuable.

sarahk, May 31, 2020 IP
  3. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just because some one is a "Well-Known Member" it doesn't mean that they know all languages really well. For example someone might be really good with PHP but absolute crap with Ruby

SpacePhoenix, May 31, 2020 IP
  4. irfansyah

irfansyah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the important thing is to stay active in the forum and not leave harsh words. Give answers to every question you might know the answer to!

irfansyah, May 31, 2020 IP
  5. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, 100% in agreement. If you are giving feedback to someone, don't criticize. If you like someone's post then reply accordingly. There is no need for rudeness or the tactics that you mention in your post.

Well said.

Harvey Wolf, Jan 30, 2021 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Snowflakes that are thin skinned and get their feelings easily hurt are probably prone to depression. Maybe human nature being what it is, they might consider staying off the internet?

Criticism comes in many forms, some of it is useful. It may not always be to your liking, just suck it up and try your best to hold back the tears when it comes.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 30, 2021 IP
    jrbiz and Saputnik like this.
  7. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Well said.

Harvey Wolf, Jan 30, 2021 IP