1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google Chrome Having Security Issues?

Discussion in 'Google' started by ProfitLikeCrazy, May 31, 2020.

Hey guys just wanted some feed back... over that last few weeks I thought my laptop was getting a little buggy or malware/virus which would be shocking as I pretty much keep my antivirus software up to date.

Then I realize that Google Chrome appeared to keep freezing in the middle of some of my blog projects while online, didn't think anything of it the first time but then it happened a few more times. I stumbled upon an article from Forbes this morning indicating Google was having security issues with Chrome.

I tried a complete uninstall, cleaned my temp files and data base but still experience a one off issue about a day or two ago.

Is anyone else having issues with Google Chrome as of late?

ProfitLikeCrazy, May 31, 2020 IP
  2. FamilyTraveller

FamilyTraveller Peon

Best Answers:
    Chrome seems to be using a lot of my resources for a few weeks now. It will often slow my laptop right down.

FamilyTraveller, May 31, 2020 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's possible that in the middle of an update their browser acts buggy (or heavy on resources). I attributed that to their updates (cuz I too wondered why my browser would freeze when I switched between the tabs or opened a new tab). Right now I am having no issues, tho.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    qwikad.com, May 31, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  4. ProfitLikeCrazy

ProfitLikeCrazy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the update

Ok thanks for the feed back

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2020
    ProfitLikeCrazy, May 31, 2020 IP
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of what you are experiencing is because of extensions loaded in chrome.
    Try to deactivate them all and see if problem persists.

By the way, I do not trust chrome at all. Its practically a spyware by google, which they launched to track which websites are visited most so that they can use that data in their search engine.
    And nobody knows what kind of information they can transfer with it.
    On top of that their own analytics code.
    Google shut down their social network saying it was consuming too much resources, and they maintain a free analytics service, maintain a huge log of your website visitors, why?

I use chrome only to open google's own websites, nothing else, like youtube.

JEET, Jun 1, 2020 IP
  6. FamilyTraveller

FamilyTraveller Peon

Best Answers:
    Jeet, I’m totally with you on that. I made the decision to move back to Firefox, and I’m really enjoying that browser again. With chrome I open my task manager, and I have like 32 processes open, but only one tab. I check wire shark and see a lot of traffic going from chrome.

I distrust google. They have a lot more info about us than what we probably know. I downloaded my account info and found out stuff I had looked at 13 years ago!

FamilyTraveller, Jun 1, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @FamilyTraveller
    Somebody recently posted a thread here in this forum, last month I think.
    They wanted help to decide what kind of ads will be suitable for their website which has "70% female" visitors.
    So we asked, how do you know your site has 70% female visitors, are you doing something fishy to detect that.
    They got angry and replied, its stats from Analytics.
    JavaScript visitor tracking is based on IP and useragent info that browsers send to websites, nothing private is sent here.
    No way one can tell by IP/userAgent if person is male or female.
    So then how did google find out that this IP belongs to a female?

Either they are sending additional info via chrome which we are unaware of like something from chrome profile, or they used another database of theirs to make the link between IP and emailID to detect who the person is...
    And now they got a complete OS, android, not just a browser...
    GOD only knows what all they are tracking...
    Apple and FB are no different.
    Every now and then I see posts on FB saying that they were talking to a friend about travelling on FB messanger, and 5 minutes later, FB started showing them ads on ticket booking etc.

JEET, Jun 1, 2020 IP