1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to start your own writing business

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by variannas, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Katherine Lee

Katherine Lee Banned

Best Answers:
    what about spin content? Some people use live content then past it to some spinning tools and make it unique. and After spin live content i will copy scap pass. So is it worthful?

Katherine Lee, May 3, 2016 IP
  2. pallavi21

pallavi21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I started my writing career 10 years back by typing WORK FROM HOME in the search area. I found many options which required some investment to commence the work. But, I opted for content writing and write my article for 4indianwoman.com. My excitement knew no limit when I got my first payment of $10...
    Then, I got to know about ezinearticles, DP and helium..so, basically starting your own business requires lots of efforts, research and perseverance.

pallavi21, May 10, 2016 IP
  3. JH9

JH9 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's really nice of you. I registered on this forum last night and I hope I will get good business here.

JH9, Jun 18, 2016 IP
  4. Stuart-A

Stuart-A Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a complete newbie here too. Writing is something I've always enjoyed and had a passion for, and some years ago I wrote some web copy for a WordPress site I set up. That's the summary total of my experience right there!

I'm only just getting back into the swing of writing content for the web by submitting some hubs on HubPages about one or two of my favourite topics (that I'm doing a lot of thinking about and hoping to become an authority on some day). Trying to keep the niche fairly narrow as I like to be in the way of speaking to specific people/groups with specific problems to be solved. The whole persona thang was what I used as my bread and butter when I did my web copy bits and bobs a few years back. I have much to learn.

Stuart-A, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  5. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    what are you guys doing lol? Hubpages? Free articles?? what is this!

If you want to write professionally, you have to start out with content mills like BlogMutt or textbroker. The editors there will give you feedback, which you should take seriously. After like 1 month of that low pay, move on to Constant Content. The editors there are harsher, but you get paid $0.10 / word or more if your article sells. After Constant Content you'll finally be able to write for large publications like magazines because your writing will be up to par.

Once you're at this point, sign up for Writers Digest and start pitching to magazines. Easy to get into the lower ones, after you get your foot in the door, write for the $0.50 / word mags.

Meanwhile, now you have all these publications under your name, so you can join high authority sites like Entrepreneur, Huff, lifehack, etc.

Don't waste any time on hubpages, where you'll get nowhere.

jv1999, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  6. Stuart-A

Stuart-A Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback - duly noted.

I'm only really getting back into writing after a number of years of not doing any :eek: Seemed like a good idea at the time to submit a couple of hubs and see how they looked and how I felt about writing them. As I enjoyed putting the (albeit summarised) content together, I'll look into the other options you noted, jv.

Cheers!

Stuart-A, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  7. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah man. Writing isn't hard, contrary to popular belief. It's all in the training.

If you never get trained, and if you never improve... you'll be stuck writing 10 blogs a day, making at most $10 / blog.

With revenue sharing systems, they brag about 5000 views a day, but you're writing 5 articles a day... So that's like $50 / day for 2,500 - 5,000 words. That's a lot of work for no reason.

But then again, if those articles continue to get views then maybe it's worth it -- but Idk. I think in the end you still lose out. Someone else who does revenue sharing should share their stats -- like how much they earned in a year versus how much they wrote.

jv1999, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  8. Yatish Gaba

Yatish Gaba Member

Best Answers:
    Just go through the topic on which you have to write. Take some reference from internet and write it in your own language and style. If You have interest in writing then continue with your skills otherwise go with different stream in which you have interest.

Yatish Gaba, Aug 29, 2016 IP
  9. Thomas Perry

Thomas Perry Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great useful tips, thanks for posting it.

Thomas Perry, Aug 29, 2016 IP
  10. Alex.J

Alex.J Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many copywriters begin with freelancing. Do you try this?
    Gather your team, assign responsibilities, promote your services!

Read the special literature.

Alex.J, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  11. Cyn D. Blackburn

Cyn D. Blackburn Peon

Best Answers:
    Great thread. Thanks, y'all. Still trying to figure this particular site out. Writing is no problem--it's the tech stuff that does me in. (See "selfie" to the left.) It took me ten minutes to discover that I needed to scroll down to this section to post a reply. I'm so doomed...

Eventually, I'll get it. With smart people like you to teach this old lady, I might even learn how to navigate the forum. And then, I'll figure out how to earn some money. Maybe I'll hire a teenager to get me through the next ten years. :(

Cyn D.

Cyn D. Blackburn, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  12. Kurt Roswell

Kurt Roswell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of "writers" flooding the market right now; many of which think as long as they can string a few words to create sentences, and string those sentences to create paragraphs, that they can be professional writers. Therefore, if you want to build a sustainable writing business, really learn sound writing principles (i.e. idea flow, article structures, etc.) and produce quality output.

Kurt Roswell, Sep 20, 2016 IP
  13. Resumexpert

Resumexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As a resume expert i can tell you that social media is the best way for advertsing. You have to be always available and kind with your customers.

Resumexpert, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  14. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great post! :)

Anitasol, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  15. pallavi21

Best Answers:
    Informative answer...Thanks

pallavi21, May 27, 2020 IP
  16. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You just brought up a 5 year old thread with your useless post...Thanks.

Spoiltdiva, May 27, 2020 IP
  17. pallavi21

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's been over 5 years I have left what I loved doing(writing) because of a personal loss...Not writing to gain sympathy but trying to rebuild and restart what I left in the middle...By the way, thanks for reading my post..

pallavi21, May 27, 2020 IP
  18. kerlly Butler

kerlly Butler Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    really informative. can you name some websites for writing.?

kerlly Butler, Jun 21, 2020 IP
  19. M Carroll

M Carroll Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A lot of the things you mention are applicable to just about any business or industry. You have to stay relevant with what you are doing.

M Carroll, Aug 30, 2020 IP
  20. Foster1054

Foster1054 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good list and advise!!! But I think it will be very difficult for me!!!

Foster1054, Sep 15, 2020 IP