1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Extremely slow site!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by CactusWren, May 10, 2020.

1. ketting00

ketting00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Apart from linking to too many style sheet files and too many js files, which makes the loading slow, your page is rendered once after everything is loaded, suggesting there must be script blocking the paint.

Basic solution: comment out those scripts and css files and put them back one by one. See what happened.

More sophisticate solution: follow this tips and see what you can do => https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials...nd-css-in-above-the-fold-content-on-wordpress

Here's your result: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=http://www.jfblawaz.com/&tab=mobile

Your site isn't that large. The largest file is the image file.

Try not to link web font to other sites, it would tremendously slow your site down. Download them and put them on your own site and see if it is faster.

If you really want to use Google maps on your site, try to load it synchronously: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/map-sync

Don't hate Wordpress just yet. It isn't that bad if you familiar with something call performance. Besides, they are the most sophisticated on the web for just PHP-based sites.

ketting00, May 25, 2020 IP
    Saputnik and sarahk like this.
  2. ketting00

Best Answers:
    Another tool I use is https://web.dev/measure/

It suggests that your site is full of blocking and unused resources.

ketting00, May 25, 2020 IP
  3. Zone06

Zone06 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is very slow, they also have down time issues. I moved a site from them, no more problems, the new host is also cheaper.

Zone06, May 26, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  4. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of the most popular page builders in Wordpress community, which adds to functionality of native WP page builder. However, for that simple site, there is absolutely no need to use Elementor, WP built-in editor will suffice. I would recommend the author to uninstall Elementor and rebuild the page, I'm sure it would fare much better.

Btw, Elementor was seriously hacked a couple of weeks ago, as discovered by guys at Wordfence, but they patched the bug rather quickly, in matter of days. Interesting analysis of the attack here: https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2020...vulnerabilities-to-take-over-wordpress-sites/ and https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2020...s-for-elementor-puts-1-million-sites-at-risk/

Saputnik, May 26, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Saputnik
    Thanks for that information. 1 million wp installations affected, huh...

JEET, May 26, 2020 IP
    Saputnik likes this.
  6. CactusWren

CactusWren Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Deathshadow suggested the speed issue might be partially due to some kind of redirect issues, rather than just the site itself.

I am using Wordpress, Elementor, and OceanWP theme, and the site is a very simple one. I have used that same combination on several other sites, and although they are far more complex, this one is about twice as slow.

CactusWren, May 26, 2020 IP
  7. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    You welcome; that happens frequently, though, just subscribe to Wordfence newsletter, and be ready for similart stories. It depends on popularity of plugin/theme, Elementor is one of the most popular.

I didn't check the theme oin your site, and I am surprised to hear it is OceanWP - it fared very well in this recent research by Athemes, it got grade A at GTMetrix: https://athemes.com/collections/fastest-wordpress-themes/ I tested it on some of my sites, and it worked well, but I didn't like it, so I ditched it.

Then it must be something very specific on your site; are those other sites hosted at GD as well? Try another hosting if you can; with plugins such as All-in-One WP Migration, you can move the site in minutes.

Saputnik, May 26, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  8. CactusWren

CactusWren Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ah, yes, it's definitely something going on with the hosting, because my others are on SiteGround and are fine. Unfortunately,I don't own the slow site, I did for a "client," (my brother-in-law) and he's pretty attached to staying at GoDaddy.

By the way, although I have several OceanWP sites, I have some issues with that theme. The customizer is really hard to use and non-intuitive, and even using a page inspector, figuring out how to change fonts and things can be a very frustrating experience.

9. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So you have a pile of shit for people who can't build a proper website in the form of turdpress, that then gets to be pissed on even FURTHER by another steaming train wreck laundry list of how NOT to build websites, in the form of that "page builder" BULLSHIT?

For *** sake could we just go back to when the know-nothing idiots used the incompetent wreck that was Frontpage? It was less of a headache.

Really some steaming pile of manure "Site builder" incompetence for possibly the most architecturally insecure blogging platform out there got hacked. I'm shocked,. SHOCKED IS SAY!!!

... and then people wonder why I say using turdpress for a business is like volunteering to be bent over a log on a trip down the Cahulawassee river. You use the ***ing moron shortcut, this is what you huffing get! Not a damned thing worth mention has changed in Turdpress since they won that 2008 pwnie, apart from slapping duck tape over bullet holes.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    deathshadow, May 26, 2020 IP
    malky66 and JEET like this.
  10. ketting00

Best Answers:
    What is this? Your site rendered properly. This shouldn't be a redirect problem. Anyone working on website performance things should have known this problem immediately.

If this is my site it shouldn't be a problem at all.

You didn't comment out those unused and blocking resources I guess.

To prove I'm right, I go to your site with javascript off and it displayed in just three seconds. Try it for yourself.

ketting00, May 26, 2020 IP
  11. ketting00

Best Answers:
    I stopped using Wordpress in 2012. I've no idea they have come this far. No wonder they have so many problems. In the old days everybody is hand-coded. It seems today they rely on clicking buttons they called tool.

Big sighed!

ketting00, May 26, 2020 IP
  12. CactusWren

CactusWren Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ah, I did that and it only took three seconds for me, too. Wow, so the JavaScript too 6 seconds to load!?

13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You need to switch the site to the deathshadow's version ASAP. I just visited it via rather fast internet connection and it took 4+ seconds for it to show up. Not good.

qwikad.com, May 27, 2020 IP
  14. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I may recommend two little known themes; Weaver, wordpress.org/themes/weaver-xtreme/ , whose customizing options even in free version seem to be endless, although it's general look is a bit dated and dull, but still, great choice for content focused sites; and Customify, wordpress.org/themes/customify/ , which is pretty young theme, only 0.3 version, but also has great customization options and works great, my site with that theme scored 97% at GTMetrix. Theme, however, has not been updated for 6 months, but its author is active on WP forums, so I hope they didn't abandon the theme.

As for hosting, if they don't want to leave GoDaddy hosting, replicate the site on another domain in your SiteGround hosting, using plugin I mentioned in previous post, All-In-One WP Migration, or other similar plugin. If you get better results, show it to your brother in law, and if he still wants to stick with GD, well, then there's nothing you can do.

Saputnik, May 27, 2020 IP
  15. ketting00

Best Answers:
    If you don't use their product, don't copy them. Not Good.

ketting00, May 27, 2020 IP
  16. CactusWren

CactusWren Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip, I'm trying out Customify and it is a lot better to work with so far than OceanWP Pro.

CactusWren, Jun 1, 2020 IP