1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does anyone know which script is this site using ?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by bwsl, May 26, 2020.

Does anyone know which script is this site using ?
    offerncodes [dot] com/includes
    offerncodes [dot] com/includes

bwsl, May 26, 2020 IP
  2. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very poor coding example ..... Includes folder is showing all important files, and any hacker can do many things with this website. As i think.
    Site is in PHP and offering coupon codes ....... So if any one submit there offer then its appearing on website. Not so hard ..... according to me its very simple website and i can create more better than this within 1 week.

seomanualsubmission, May 26, 2020 IP
  3. bwsl

bwsl Peon

Best Answers:
    I know, but this is being used by multiple websites so curious what script is this. Can you please inbox me your offer ?

bwsl, May 26, 2020 IP
  4. ketting00

ketting00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rename the index.html of your site to some thing like index.stml and see the result for yourself.

It's missing the index.php, security problem. You should told the owner.

ketting00, May 26, 2020 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, this isn't a BST thread, @seomanualsubmission is just saying that it'd be an easy site to copy.

In fact it's so bloody awful that I'd struggle to make something that bad.

sarahk, May 26, 2020 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think that is a custom coded script.
    Look at this page:
    offerncodes.com/managing-my-account
    You won't see a message like that one in a paid script or a give away open source script. (feature will be available soon...)
    It is poorly coded though, probably years ago...

JEET, May 28, 2020 IP
    seomanualsubmission likes this.
  7. PetraFs

PetraFs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What is Index of /includes?

PetraFs, Jul 4, 2020 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You do realize this is an SPA using the React framework and pulls data from a backend api...right? The pages aren't poorly coded.. They are in fact generated by react and looks no different than a common react spa... It actually performs nicely so it's built correctly with react js..

NetStar, Jul 29, 2020 IP
  9. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not bad though. Web Sites built and generated by REACT, Vuejs and Angular look like this. They are built differently then have generated source files. You are actually loading the complete app and never changing pages. The javascript fetches updates via a backend api then dynamically changes portions of the page and updates the url in the browser. Very similar to how FaceBook operates. People tend to think these are sloppy sites but the code isn't written that way. It's most likely nicely coded but then the source files are generated by the framework.

NetStar, Jul 29, 2020 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I can't remember exactly what I thought was so bad but pretty sure it was the Ux, not the underlying code.

If React et al tie developers to a bad user experience then perhaps they're not such great tools?

sarahk, Jul 29, 2020 IP
  11. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming most people here are not familiar with a "Single Page Application" or how they work. React, Angular and Vuejs are SPA frameworks used on most major web sites that require such functionality. Most modern UI/UX generally will use one or the other. FaceBook maintains and uses React, Angular is maintained by Google, and VueJS is community based. The whole purpose is to provide a front end that never fetches and reloads an entire page with each click but instead fetches data from a restful API then update segments of the frontend with the returned json data. I can't get to the /includes page but if it is no different than the main https://offerncodes.com/ page then it's very nicely built with the SPA framework. I can't access the sub page to check.

NetStar, Jul 29, 2020 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm certainly impressed that they use plus sized models.

[​IMG]

sarahk, Jul 30, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn and deathshadow like this.
  13. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, yes it is. Given it's a walking talking accessibiltiy violation since there's no flipping content scripting off. Given that it's costing them more to host since it's doing all sorts of shite server-side processing that doesn't need to be done, and results in a multi-megabyte monstrousity of scripttardery that tells large swaths of potential users to go plow themselves. Hence the 40 second plus page-load on my brand new fiber connect, and the giant blank screen of nothing a LOT of users are going to get.

Which is why such tools are monuments to ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude made by people who have NO business making a website, where all they know is how to sleaze together what other people have done with zero concern for if it's actually useful to users. More so if it's being done for actual businesses like retail now that it's open season.

You'd think Dominos being told to suck it by the US Supreme Court would act as a wakeup call, but no. Thanks to apathy and wishful thinking we get people like you saying "generated by the framework" as if it excuses the fact that said site is likely useless to more than half the potential audience, reeks of a scam to a third, and worst of all is probably costing the company more to host and more to maintain than if it had been built without all the asshat incompetent BS.

Site note, it's probably a "custom" (and I use that word loosely) site slopped together with nextJS. See all the "_next" in there? That's the telltale of what framework is in use. nextJS being even dumber than most frameworks since it sits atop react and several other libraries. It ends up as mind-numbingly silly as running a gameboy emulator on a Mac emulator on a Amiga Emulator on Wine under Linux.

But that's framework fanboys going "ermagahd aherapderp" for you. They'll endlessly stack framework upon framework upon framework, making pages as aggravatingly and painfully convoluted as possible, pissing away any chance at maintainability, sustainability, or accessibility, then run around bragging about how "talented" they are.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised nobody's sued Facebook yet. The ONLY reason they and moron-centrals like Twitter get away with it is not being a retail space.

And @sarahk, yeah... they're such lazy copypasta shits, they can't even make their code maintain image aspect ratios.

Kind of like the halfwit base64 encode of the logo static in the markup pissing on caching models, probably because thanks their multi-megabyte hundred file monstrosity they actually bought into the LIE about moving images and CSS "above the fold" into the markup... which is basically trying to treat a bullet through the heart with a band-aid.

As I've said thousands of times the past ten years, MAYBE if they stopped using 50k of markup to do 10k of HTML's job, 284k of CSS to do 32k's job, and 1.2 megabytes of scripttardery spread out over 32 files on sites that might not even NEED JavaScript in the first damned place, MAYBE they wouldn't be so mind-numbingly stupid as to think these dipshit frameworks are worth a flying purple fish or doing anything of value for them. They might even realize that this single page crap when used on static content like shopping is actually costing them MORE bandwidth and making for a slower/buggier user experience than actual normal pageloads.

The people who CREATE these frameworks are unqualified to write a single damned line of HTML, much less tell others how to make websites.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    deathshadow, Jul 31, 2020 IP
    JEET and sarahk like this.
  14. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @deathshadow You are very spot on with your views on compliance, standards, and even measurable performance however you are very distanced from reality. Loading 50k of bloat does take longer but often not noticeable unless in extreme conditions. Generally these scripting libraries have quite a small footprint in terms of bandwidth when comparing to images and other such elements downloading.

Most major web sites that generate high traffic and even more important high dollar revenue utilize tools, libraries etc that would make YOU cringe. But that does not stop them from being wildly successful. It also does not stop them by making a good user experience that contribute to the success of the high volume traffic and high dollar revenue. The only 100% compliant, standard, fully 100% accessible (if such a thing) with minimal CPU load and bandwidth are sites made by developers for themselves and generate 0 bucks and minimal traffic. Even those developers are generally very dated on their skill set and are never receptive to innovation.

Sorry I would never hire a programmer with dated skills and a HUGE ego who wants to spend unnecessary money and time developing something that has already been developed just to say they wrote it. These developers are often not team players and make your projects dreadful. I would also never want to hire someone who does not understand the scope of a business beyond "code pride". Code Pride is horrible. It makes you a horrible developer. You can take a project that requires a 1 month timeframe with using components, libraries and frameworks and turn it in to a 6 month project full of bugs by just attempting to rewrite everything yourself. Dated programmers will always try to justify this with speeds but in the real world and in real business we don't look at nano seconds.

You're a good PHP programmer. And I think you *may* have a good understanding of the principals of good programming. But you have too much of code pride and an unnecessary ego to be resourceful in todays market place. I don't mean this as an insult. I bet your personal projects are very well coded and 110% custom.....but are they successful beyond the scope of code pride?

NetStar, Jul 31, 2020 IP
    ketting00 and Saputnik like this.
  15. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    I would say the same for your lame excuses and utter ignorance on the topic.

Which is why many site owners are looking at FMP/FCP... RIGHT. But it's not JUST 50k of bloat because it SCALES. PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I SAID. It's 50k of CSS, 200+k of CSS, and MEGABYTES of JavaScript that aren't needed. Hence why so many of the sites built with this junk now often have more kb of scripting than they do IMAGES!

Hence this:
    Is oft the opposite of what's really going on.

Which is why when they FINALLY get pimp slapped for their accessibility woes, consultants like myself have to tell the client to throw it all away... because the sleazy know-nothing dirtbag predators who blindly copy these garbage codebases basically raped them. Hence how they end up with some snot-nosed DA trying to rake them over the coals, or some ambulance chaser hitting them with a civil suit, or sitting there wondering why their traffic isn't what it should be... or even wondering why the simplest of changes takes their staff forever because of the bloated hard to maintain DISASTERS these dumbass frameworks saddle people with.

Depends on the industry. I would not roll those dice in THIS environment:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/07/dominos-supreme-court.html
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...entertainment-sued-over-website-accessibility
    https://www.levelaccess.com/winn-di...ets-landmark-precedent-digital-accessibility/
    https://www.hearingreview.com/pract...-to-settle-ada-suit-concerning-deaf-consumers
    https://www.natlawreview.com/articl...growing-risk-website-accessibility-litigation

Which is why changes to act III of the ADA has banks running around like snake oil peddling SEO "experts" whenever crazy Goog makes an algo change.

But of course as you said a few months ago "no website would ever be sued for this" -- of course not. That's not a thing at all...

Excepting of course when it does. By telling users without JavaScript for whatever reason to sod off for pages that have ZERO reason to even be using client-side scripting. When it tells users who aren't on touch/mouse to kiss it. When it tells users on braille readers and screen readers "We've got two words for you:"

[​IMG]

Which has only two things to do with what I'm saying; and jack left town.

But you have to assume that because you apparently NEED the lame excuses to justify whatever type of sleazy dirtbag nonsense you've either been peddling, or just plain swallowed part and parcel.

Hence why you continue down manure creek without a means of locomotion with:

Lacking pride in ones work is far worse. "Well I just don't give a damn" is hardly the road to long term success. Your statements reek of the "credit mentality" of pay more later for something you can't afford now...

And of course you have to assume I don't work on large products, or with teams, etc, etc... When basically for my clients I'm Winston Wolf. I'm called in when things go pear shaped ("I shot Marvin in the face"), and I get to come in and say:

"Get it straight buster - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do and if self-preservation is an instinct you possess you'd better f***ing do it and do it quick. I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen."

These companies are oft paying thousands a day in fines, or have looming court cases for huge settlements that are best settled out of court by fixing it... but constantly their employees spew all the same balderdash you have here refusing to believe that react, or vue, or bootcrap, or any of the rest of he layer upon layer of bumbling boobhatchery is at fault...

Because "thousands of companies use it" (bandwagon fallacy)

Because "all these experts say its great" (testimonial)

Because "It's like something else I use or works with what I'm already using" (transfer)

Because "It's easier" (inverse name calling, in propaganda NC is this subtle)

Because "The person who introduced me to it 'spoke my language'" (plain folks)

Because "Compared to this example it's simpler" (card stacking since the example is usually also trash)

And don't even get me started about all the hippy-dippy feel-good lies. (glittering generalities)

The seven propaganda techniques designed to bypass rational thought, making you feel instead of think! As Eric Bischoff compared it to in his Tedx, "Cheap Heat" in wrestling

Which is why half the damned banks I go to help it usually results in IT directors getting fired; because they spew the same 100% grade A BALD FACED LIES about how "essential" this framework trash is, fighting required changes at every turn because said changes show just how unqualified to do their jobs they really are. I've gotten six people at two banks, a public utility, and a restaurant chain fired for EXACTLY this type of rubbish the past five years.

Hell, good for a laugh? Just three weeks ago I had a guy who was using the "Better for collaboration" and "If we write it directly nobody else can understand it" LIES, but he was an office alpha! Hence why not a few moments later he said "they can't fire me, nobody else can do what I do". RIGHT. Which is it?

But worst of all you repeatedly spew up this bobbymyseh:

Which has ABSOFRAGGINGLUTELY NOTHING to do with my message because these dipshit front-end frameworks do NOT save time.

I've said that in every post, THEY DO NOT SAVE TIME!!!

They do NOT result in better sites. They do NOT aid in collaboration, etc, etc. That's the marketing blurb/propaganda carefully crafted to prey upon those who just don't know any better. ALL of the claims these systems make of being easier/simpler/better, and ESPECIALLY faster for development is utter bullshit. 100% FABRICATIONS.

The problem is most people using this asshattery have failed to learn enough HTML, CSS, or JavaScript to recognize that FACT.

How is writing as much if not more code "easier"? How is making two to ten times the code easier for other people to figure out? How is adding these massive frameworks atop the underlying languages as something else to learn easier?

IT'S ALL LIES!!! Lies so transparent I cannot fathom how anyone is dumb enough to fall for it.

You have parroted that fallacy ad nauseam, that these bloated, convoluted, broken, train wrecks of mind-numbingly dumbass stupidity somehow magically speed up development. They don't. If anything they turn two weeks worth of work into a month. (where I'd quote a month because I Mr. Scott my estimates like any good engineer)

Particularly if you end up in an industry where it really does matter legally... which now includes retail storefronts.

If anyone needs to stick to crappy little self-done projects, it's you. Please, for the love of Pesci, stay the hell away from making business websites. You've drunk too deeply of the tainted flavor-aid. You sound EXACTLY like the people where if I get hired to consult, you get fired... or I walk away and watch the client dig themselves a bigger hole.

Like the client this time last year where I went from consultant trying to fix it to "witness for the prosecution".

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    deathshadow, Aug 1, 2020 IP
  16. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Oh and @NetStar FFS it's NOT about "not grown here", it's about using the cleanest, simplest code possible so that others can understand it and have less to play with when things need adding, fixing, or revising. Something despite the wild unfounded fairy-tale claims to the contrary these frameworks DO NOT PROVIDE!!!

Again, another of the many bald faced lies and lame excuses I've heard dozens of times that hold water like a steel sieve.

I hear that's the best kind... of sieve... "only the best"

17. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What a bloated response.

I'm not sure if you understand.

There are two types of programmers:

1. The high strung old school computer programmer who has too much "code pride". Everything is written by them because they think they know best. They will spend an excessive and impulsive amount of time rewriting libraries and components just to say "I wrote it" when in the end it accomplishes the same task. They will argue the importance of this with hypothetical scenarios justifying nano-seconds being saved on load and processing times when in reality it does not matter. They will turn small projects in to large ones and short time frames in to lengthy ones. They are not team players nor do they have any sort of social skills to be able to pivot, adapt, and work well with others. When challenged or even asked to be receptive to other innovative ideas this high strung programmer becomes very defensive and over explains. This is you.

2. A smart programmer is someone who knows they could rewrite every library and component but understands the importance of efficiency (avoiding the reinvention of the wheel). They will use libraries and components intelligently to save development time as they knows it will be trading off nano-seconds of extended load times and processing which is not detectable by the end user. They also understands they may not always be smarter than the dozens of professionals who develop these libraries and their thousands of production web sites receiving millions of visits that allowed for the extensive testing to debug. They can simplify large projects and shorten time frames on lengthy ones. They are team players and are receptive to others ideas. They work very well with others because they understand the various ways of developing an application and that every approach isn't fool proof. This is a quality developer. This is not you.

Companies love #2 because they save time, save money, and drive results to their bottom line.
    Companies fire #1 because they take too much time, cost money, and results driven are mediocre at best and take from the bottom line.

We just have two different views. This is ok. However, from my personal experience it is NOT worth taking the road that you so strongly advise to go down. Sorry man...you got some things to learn...or let me guess...you know everything as a "php programmer" (which by the way it laughable to most actual programmers).

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    NetStar, Aug 1, 2020 IP
  18. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have to deal with the bloated sites every day. When a webpage takes 5 MINUTES to load running FF69 with a late model Mac on a high speed connection, that site is WAY too bloated.

JUST BECAUSE IT "MIGHT" BE EASIER FOR THE WEB DEVELOPER DOES NOT MAKE IT BETTER FOR THE VISITOR, especially if the visitor has some sort of handicap LIKE NO EYES, like INDEXING BOTS.

Further, the same code bloat is happening with the browser programs. Code bloat is killing us. Sites that still load in seconds with FF3 on a 20yo Mac, like @deathshadow's cutcodedown pages, load in MINUTES with FF69 on my late model Mac ON THE SAME EXACT CONNECTION. The ONLY reasonable explanation I can find is CODE BLOAT in FF. There is simply NO reason for pages to load slower on FASTER, LATER iterations of any browser on FASTER, LATER computers especially when they have the SAME EXACT CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET.

Needless to say, I DETEST FF after FF3, but have no choice if I want to browse "modern" sites, most of which are not worth the cost of powder to blow them up due to lazy developers using "tools" that make things worse instead of better.

Makes me remember when coders were paid by the line instead of by the results.

mmerlinn, Aug 1, 2020 IP
  19. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Wah wah, wall of text, arr!!! Seriously, it's called comprehension. Try it some time, it's nice.

Well you clearly don't since you keep going back to irrelevant nonsense that are nothing more than straw-man arguments. Pissing and moaning about "types of programmers" -- mostly because "wah wah it's how it's being said" so you can neatly sidestep every rational argument.

There are two types of site owners:

1. Those who recognize that legal issues, speed, accessibility, sustainability, and other such concepts are important.

2. Those who want to fly-by-night today and to hell with the future.

You know what companies REALLY don't love? Getting sued. Paying more than they have to. Spending more time and more effort in both the short and the long term.

All things these dumbass frameworks can lead to. But no, you keep going back to THE BALD FACED LIE and ignorant assumption:

Except of course when it doesn't... Because the framework TOOK LONGER to develop with. Because they have major accessibility failings that could land you in legal trouble. Because they take dozens of seconds to load or even hit FCP when they should take 8 seconds or less. Because they rely on and deployed as dozens of separate files they end up wasting handshakes adding as much as an extra SECOND per file for many users. (when most of the time anything past 8 seconds results in a bounce!). Because it results in more code that's harder to maintain or sort through when things go bits-up face-down.

These frameworks are demonstrably WORSE for development time, maintenance time, accessibility, sustainability, or any other meaningful metric of the quality of work. No matter how much you stick your head in the sand whilst flapping your arse-cheeks to say "wah wah, is not".

All arguments you fail to acknowledge, listen to, or even consider. Instead you have to resort to attacking the messenger instead of producing a valid counterpoint. Please, sometime, SOMETHING more than "Wah wah, is not" out of you. That's what makes your troll posts so bloody frustrating.

Hence when you say:

You're full of it, because these systems you are defending DO NOT DO THESE THINGS!!! They take more time, cost more money, and negatively impact the bottom line.

Claiming otherwise is just drinking deeply from the fountain of lies. People BELIEVE it is easier, but that's as idiotic, irrational, and unfounded as the fairy tales people believe about the magical genocidal maniac in the sky who "loves them"

No, it's really not... as the things you're saying and defending is what utterly screws over site owners one after another. Though I probably shouldn't be attacking such trash so vehemently, given fixing this idiocy is what gets me clients.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is this "PHP programmer" bullshit you keep going laser focus on? I've been programming since 1978 in everything from RCA 1802 machine language to Rust, with nearly everything in-between. Pascal, Modula 2, Ada, C, C++, PHP, JavaScript... Hell, I write x86 machine language in my spare time for fun.

So excuse me if -- as someone who spent a decade working in Ada -- your opinion about what "Actual programmers" think seems to only further re-emphasize you know LESS than Jack S**t. Hell, we need to start calling you "John Snow".

Now that said, @mmerlin: I'm the retrocomputing guy who "didn't get the memo we don't write DOS games anymore". For the love of Christmas STOP trying to use decade and a half old hardware and idiotically dated buggy OS. Lands sake you'd be better off with a vanilla Ubuntu box than continuing on with the train wreck that was MacOS 9... hence why you're running a decade out of date browser then complaining "wah wah, nothing works"... because honestly you are LITERALLY doing the same thing as the people clinging to outdated trash like Maxthon or IE8 under XP.

20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There's a lot to wade through here but...
    3. The bare minimum programmer who is just trying to earn a wage and has zero ambition - some I've met haven't had the language skills, or they haven't aspired to move into management, or they're simply time-poor.
    4. The novice programmer who is still learning and forming opinions based on learning on the job, home study, and colleagues' opinions.

You missed the vital #3

3. The business owner who knows their business needs to be represented online but doesn't understand the need for ongoing maintenance and who perceives functionality as difficulty.
    4. The business owner who has spent oodles on print advertising and doesn't understand why they now need to spend oodles on an online presence because "it's all the same stuff"

sarahk, Aug 1, 2020 IP