1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Achiever

Achiever Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mask is only to avoid a unwanted spread. Its like using umbrella in rain. But we should use mask. and ensure social distancing.

Achiever, May 18, 2020 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, right, we should put OUR lives at RISK and wear a mask.

A mask does THREE things:

1) COLLECTS moisture and excrements that we BREATHE OUT.
    2) COLLECTS and CONCENTRATES pathogens and dirt in the ambient air.
    3) Provides the PERFECT Petri dish for growth of DANGEROUS pathogens.

Edit:

Make that FOUR things:

4) LIMITS the amount of oxygen we breathe in.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    mmerlinn, May 18, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. dollorphanage

dollorphanage Member

Best Answers:
    Again, I agree. In fact, I doubt it does much to protect you from the virus. It can damage your brain as well because of the lack oxygen.

dollorphanage, May 18, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit, jrbiz and mmerlinn like this.
  4. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    I am editing my post to include your observation.

mmerlinn, May 18, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Masks are useless, the only thing that kills it is alcohol, I've been completely wasted for the last 6 weeks......not so much as a sniffle..:)

joke-coronavirus-britain-drunk-726x900.jpg

malky66, May 18, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn, JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There is not only a risk of De-Oxygenation but there is also the possibility of re-breathing the carbon dioxide we exhale and that can cause a toxicity called hypercapnia. That said, I have not heard of any instances of this occurring since the lockdown. However, you always hear the disclaimer from health professionals that certain people with health conditions should NOT wear masks. I assume that it is people with COPD or other diseases in which they have reduced respiratory function already.

So, picture this: a poor elderly lady with COPD enters a grocery store without a mask and begins to cough due to her illness. My guess is that she will be tackled by security and/or the mask vigilantes, handcuffed, and perp-walked out of the store. My wife and I were in a grocery store recently and she started coughing due to her allergies. Though masked, she literally ran out of the store to the car to wait for me for fear of being accosted by store personnel or the vigilantes.

I love to hear stories of people working hard to stay safe and healthy. You are to be commended for your diligence and discipline in thwarting this virus. Of course, I assume that you are still wearing your tinfoil hat when going outdoors to stock up on more alcohol? Kind of like wearing suspenders and a belt.

jrbiz, May 19, 2020 IP
  7. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    H2O2 kills it too. But I like your solution much better.

JoeSpirit, May 19, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn and jrbiz like this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You probably get a better buzz from drinking H2O2, too... :)

jrbiz, May 19, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is why your Hypercapnia Cap model is so popular. Speaking of which, is the Klu Klux Klan (KKK) still pursuing their lawsuit against you? They have claimed that you stole their hood design with your tinfoil hats.

Spoiltdiva, May 19, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Our new Sleek and Sporty models offer a much more aerodynamic design, of course. However, we stand by all of our models as being of original and independent design. Everyone else is just jealous of our stylish, yet practical designs.

jrbiz, May 19, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    ^^^ Klever Kool Kaps. (KKK)

Spoiltdiva, May 19, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. Forseti

Forseti Peon

Best Answers:
    I consider all this a conspiracy of pharmacists and the World Health Association. They created a stir to panic and profit. A large amount of what they recommended procuring to the hospitals brought the sick only harm.

Forseti, May 19, 2020 IP
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is amazing at how far the Fake News and their underlings (Democrats/The Swamp) have tried to move the goal posts, the past few weeks. We were originally told that we needed to "flatten the curve" to prevent overwhelming our hospitals. Mission accomplished; infection rates are on the downswing everywhere in the U.S., for the most part, and all 50 states have begun some sort of re-opening. Now, however, the Fake News/Democrat Governors/Swamp Bureaucrats (none of whom have been laid off, by the way) are piously intoning that we must stop all infections/deaths and, therefore, cannot re-open fully until we have a vaccine. Estimates vary widely as to when a vaccine may be available, but even the most optimistic estimates are still many months away (and possibly years.) No wonder small businesses and many others are starting to rise up and call out this nonsense for what it is: a political ploy.

By the way, for those of you who will wag your finger and say "the science says to stay in lockdown" you need to open your eyes and realize that "the science" is not so good, these days. Science is pure, but scientists are human and make mistakes and have political biases. E.g., the CDC just came out with a new announcement: perhaps the virus does NOT survive on surfaces as long as they originally fear-mongered a couple of months ago. What? I thought that the science was "settled" and must be believed at all costs?

The most disturbing thing about this whole episode is to see how many sheeple there are out there that just imbibe whatever their Leftist leaders spew out and bleat it back to everyone else in righteous indignation.

Best slogan I have heard this morning: "We have flattened the curve. Now we need to flatten the fear."

Here is a deal: if you are afraid, stay hunkered down in your bunker and don't come out until Ground Hog Day or whenever your masters tell you it is okay. America was built and defended over the centuries by the independent, brave core of people who make things work. They will handle this situation for you and build the country back up while you cower in fear. Below is the most relevant quote I have this morning:

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." Oscar Wilde

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    jrbiz, May 22, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  14. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    “There's a sucker born every minute. P. T. Barnum
    (And politicians take total advantage of it.)

“Fortune always favors the brave, and never helps a man who does not help himself.” P. T. Barnum
    (It won't be until that brave core stands up and takes over that the nonsense will stop.)

JoeSpirit, May 22, 2020 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, PT Barnum was the founder of the university I went to. Our mascot was Jumbo the elephant, in fact. :)

jrbiz, May 22, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  16. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Disney is partially open, but the attendance isn't that great as of now. Same goes for the restaurants, coffee shops and gyms. Here in FL we are ahead of the rest of the country by 3-4 weeks, and if this is the sign of things to come, nothing will come roaring back as some have predicted. It'll be a super cautious optimism mixed with hesitation and fear. One step forward, two steps back. It'll be one "fun" summer.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    qwikad.com, May 22, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Doctors in Canada are now dispensing vitamin D to people who test positive. For some reason while it will not stop the virus, it does seem stop the severe symptoms from developing. Sort of akin to not letting HIV turn into full blown AIDS.

Spoiltdiva, May 22, 2020 IP
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What is most amusing about FL is that when Governor DeSantis announced his re-opening plans, the Fake News went on the warpath by mocking him and indicating that FL was now on track to be the "next NY" in terms of hotspots. Given that it has been about eight weeks since he loosened restrictions and the numbers went down, what do you hear from the Fake News? Crickets. "Nothing to see here folks, just move along." Their whole panicked narrative is falling apart in FL, GA, and many other places and they can't stand it. He skewered them on this subject recently when he was at the White House. Of course, they have no shame and count on their low-information readers to have no memories and just continue to create the next narrative. Because, after all, Trump Bad.

Well, the Left hates any potential therapy or cure that could upend their doom and gloom shutdown narrative, so you can expect to start to see rants about how deadly Vitamin D can be if used, or how it has not been tested enough, etc., etc. (much like their lies about the dangers of Hydroxychloroquine which has been used safely for 65 years.) BTW, the Vitamin D theory coincides with observations that going out into the sunlight is bad for the virus. Humans turn sunlight into Vitamin D, naturally.

jrbiz, May 22, 2020 IP
  19. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    About time some doctors got their heads unstuck from their backsides.

However, even though they are now dispensing Vitamin D, it is the WRONG Vitamin D and that MAY be ONE of the reasons it is not working so well.

Man-made Vitamin D is a MIXTURE of BOTH left-handed and right-handed Vitamin D, EXACT mirror images of each other. There is NO KNOWN feasible way to separate the two in the manufacturing process.

The body can ONLY use the left-handed Vitamin D. The right-handed Vitamin D is a POISON, a poison so potent that Vitamin D is used as a RAT POISON.

The ONLY known ways to get JUST the left-handed Vitamin D are via food and via sunshine. That is the reason EVERYONE EVERY DAY needs to go outside for 15 minutes per day.

mmerlinn, May 22, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Are the restaurants, coffee shops, and gyms at full or reduced capacity? Here in Indy the restaurants are open to 25% or 50% (don't recall the right number offhand). This morning's news showed downtown restaurants using outside space yesterday (sidewalks, parking lots, and the city closed off some streets to give them extra table space). People stood in line they were so busy.

Although a lot of business owners wrote letters to city leaders complaining that closing the streets will hurt their curbside pickup services.

JoeSpirit, May 23, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.