1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here is an interesting development in the shutdown story:

Elon Musk says Tesla HQ 'will move to Texas or Nevada immediately' after California county health official says factory CAN'T reopen - despite Gov Gavin Newsom giving it green light

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8303743/Elon-Musk-says-Tesla-HQ-Texas-Nevada-immediately.html?ITO=applenews

I never understood why he built a factory in a poorly managed, anti-business state like California, but it looks like the shutdown power-grab finally clued Musk in to the realities he is dealing with there. Of course, no factory can move "immediately" and he is famous for saying one thing today and another thing tomorrow, but his outcry is reflective of what a lot of businesspeople I know are feeling and talking about.

jrbiz, May 10, 2020 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh I do believe in vampires. I've bitten a few necks in my time. :D

JoeSpirit, May 10, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Knee-jerk reactions make big news. I've been victim to that myself at times.

JoeSpirit, May 10, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Haven't followed it closely enough to know for sure, but it wouldn't be surprising that this was the final straw for what is one of the worst business operating environment for any manufacturer in the nation. Crazy high taxes, burdensome regulations, high energy costs, high employment costs, and now power-crazed, government bureaucrats adding to the havoc. That said, Musk is nothing if not erratic; even odds as to whether he actually moves the factory, imo.

It is telling that, while the private sector is undergoing historic layoffs, you do not hear a single word about local, state. or government employees being laid off or furloughed. Not all government employees are first responders or other essential workers by a longshot. Why aren't they cutting costs now that they chose to shut down the very economy that was funding them? It is not rocket science to have known that tax revenues were going to drop as dramatically as businesses were shutdown.

jrbiz, May 10, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Honestly, could care less. I am not planning to buy / drive an electric car. Does anyone reading this thread drive an electric car?

qwikad.com, May 10, 2020 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If this scares you, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN A REAL PANDEMIC ARRIVES?

In the broad picture, this is NOTHING, NOT even comparable to the so-called COMMON FLU which kills HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS every year. Could that change? Yes, but so far the facts give no such indication.

The CV numbers are FAKE. How do I know? Deaths by heart attacks and strokes have dropped through the floor while deaths ATTRIBUTED to CV have gone through the roof. THAT IS SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE. Therefore a LARGE portion of the REPORTED CV deaths are MIS-reported heart attacks and strokes. No idea how many, but I would GUESS that HALF of REPORTED deaths by CV were actually deaths by SOMETHING ELSE while the person had what either is CV or what looks like CV.

The CDC states that deaths of people WITH CV, whether or not CAUSED by CV, must be reported as CV. Just the CDC mandate alone PROVES that CV numbers are FAKE.

Sooner or later the VAST MAJORITY of humanity WILL be exposed to CV, whether voluntarily through vaccinations, or involuntarily through living life. NO MATTER how it is acquired, the weak WILL succumb. NOTHING CAN BE DONE TO STOP THE SPREAD. All that can be done is to slow it down. Trying to hide from it is POINTLESS and USELESS.

Further reading:

https://www.aier.org/article/elvis-...dent-and-116000-americans-died-in-a-pandemic/

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    mmerlinn, May 10, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    A neighboring state, Massachusetts, is a Covid-19 hotspot right now. Here are the numbers as reported by state officials on May 8th:

Total Cases: 75,333
    Total Deaths: 4,702

Deaths by Age Group:

80+: 2,942 (62%)
    70-79: 1,073 (23%)
    60-69: 463 (10%)
    50-59: 163 (3%)
    20-49: 61 (1%)
    1-20: 0

Average age of Deaths: 82 years old

Deaths reported in long term care facilities: 2,837 (60%)

The state apparently has a lag on some reporting, so the following is based on 2,120 Deaths:

Deaths in people with Underlying Conditions: 2,085 (98% of 2,120)

If these numbers are a surprise to you, it is because you rely on Fake News sources. They will not publish numbers like these to educate the public because it goes against their false narrative that the complete economic shutdown is mandatory for everyone. Nursing homes are easily locked down. Older folks with underlying conditions know who they are (as do their friends and family) and can self-isolate. Instead of focusing on those primary at risk populations, we have stopped kids from going to school, have scared people having heart attacks/strokes from going to the ER, and have already ruined thousands of businesses that will never recover. The list of damages from this unprecedented lockdown goes on and on and history will not look kindly on the Leftist hucksters who engineered it.

jrbiz, May 11, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn and JoeSpirit like this.
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The entire country of Canada has as of today 4,870 deaths due to Covid-19. This is almost the same number as the state of Mass. What are you guys doing down there?
    Canada has also opened up half the country to normal or near normal business, and supplies have been delivered where needed and no one is complaining anymore about not having this or that.

All Canadians affected by the pandemic financially have received about $2,000 each and will for the next two months. Up here everyone is quite happy with the government and medical response as they are on the same side. We at least are optimistic and are going to see this thing through together. In the great frozen north we feel as if we are winning.

I hope that our neighbors to the south can quickly get to a point where they feel like they are winning too.

Spoiltdiva, May 11, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Therein may lie the difference. For the Left in the U.S., all of their decisions/policies are based on "Trump Bad" and "Trump Must Lose in 2020." There is zero desire on their part to engender a coming together of the country to fight a common enemy because, well, Trump Bad.

jrbiz, May 11, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I hope and pray that political considerations are not affecting decision making in the U.S. Even though the Liberal Party of Canada are in power at the moment, they are really a centrist party. We have a Conservative party here as well as a leftist party also. (3 party system)
    Because the Liberals are middle of the road it really does help to bring people together...makes it all work somehow. I did not vote for them but I have to give credit where credit is due. My government is working.....I haven't always been able to say that.

Spoiltdiva, May 11, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and JoeSpirit like this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You know, last week I was laughing at the fact that I had an appointment to go inside a bank and I did so masked! I thought about how it will be a big boon for bank robbers to be able to enter a bank while masked and not raise any suspicions. Lo and behold, some robbers are not waiting for the banks to open up to regular foot traffic:

Santa Ana PD: Robberies Increase By 50%, Suspects Using Face Covering Orders To Their Advantage

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/05/14/coronavirus-santa-ana-robberies-increase-suspects-face-covering-orders/

jrbiz, May 15, 2020 IP
  12. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I've been wondering when that would start.

JoeSpirit, May 17, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Shootings are down here in Indianapolis. There used to be 2 to 4 of them every night. Lately, it's been 1 every 2 to 3 nights.

Knifings are up a bit though. That strikes me as strange. I mean, how do you social distance with a knife?

JoeSpirit, May 17, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    You duct tape the knife to a bamboo pole.;)

Spoiltdiva, May 17, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn, JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I suspect that the biggest drop in crime would be home break-in's/burglaries. Theoretically, everyone is home these days, 24x7, for the most part.

jrbiz, May 17, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  16. dollorphanage

dollorphanage Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with this. Governments are doing major damage to the economy and for what? This virus is inevitable and not more deadly than the common flu.

What they should be doing is keep the sick and elderly at home and let the younger people continue to work (who aren't really at risk because the chances of dying because of CV if you are young and healthy are very slim), so that economy won't collapse.

I guess it's easy for rich politicians to say let's extend the lock-down a few more months, but they have no idea what it's doing to the poor. They think they do, but they don't, otherwise they would end the lock-down right away. It's doing more damage than good in my opinion.

dollorphanage, May 18, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn and jrbiz like this.
  17. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Makes sense. As an update though this mornings news reports 7 shootings over the weekend.

Yep. The government's letting up on the shutdown.

JoeSpirit, May 18, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Right. What was I thinking? How is it possible I spaced duct tape?

JoeSpirit, May 18, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, they totally know what the lockdown is doing to small businesses, workers, the poor, etc. They simply do not care. They have other objectives which mostly revolve around their craving for power.

jrbiz, May 18, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  20. dollorphanage

dollorphanage Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. You're probably right about that.

dollorphanage, May 18, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.