1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

From Nowhere to 958 million visitors a month in 1 month

Discussion in 'Google' started by dess71, Apr 29, 2020.

For the eyes only :eek:
    This seems fiction but it is real!!! I was just curious to see its traffic and my jaw dropped on the floor. But I learned that they have highly organized staff that collects data and presents it on their site. So may not be attainable for little guys like many of us here. Wowzilla!!!
    [​IMG]

dess71, Apr 29, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I saw an item on tv about how a school kid created a covid tracking website which is entirely possible. What's not realistic is updating the data on it. That's a full time job for a team.

sarahk, Apr 29, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Give me a flipping break! If you even got 1% of that traffic, everything would crash. By the way, the moon is made of green cheese....no really it is!;)

Spoiltdiva, Apr 29, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't sound realistic. Which website are you talking about?

JEET, Apr 30, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Apr 30, 2020 IP
    dess71 and JEET like this.
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    ^^^Ever wonder who the people are who believe in the fake news?

Spoiltdiva, Apr 30, 2020 IP
  7. tareqjhe1

tareqjhe1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am really wondered to see the website. This website has nothing without a parking page. But how did you do that?
    I have seen most of the user convert from popular website worldometers.info
    Could you please share your secret?

tareqjhe1, Apr 30, 2020 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Worldometer's covid-19 tracker has been referenced by many media sources. I would not doubt it has millions of views. Especially now.

NetStar, Apr 30, 2020 IP
    dess71 likes this.
  9. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea but these guys have real data and they have been being referenced by some big media companies like some below:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/27/to-manage-the-covid-19-crisis-look-to-greece
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csz2wd
    https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-no-3-cause-death-us-after-heart-disease-cancer-1495506

I also checked the domain worldometers.info and it was registered some 15 years ago (2004-09-03)
    So it is not like those of overnight websites. Good for them.
    But the surprising thing is if you see some data like deaths or births, it counts as you see it. This seems absolutely fake for sure but I think they wanted to make it interesting for viewers. What matters is the closeness of the data to the real numbers.

Sorry bro I am not the owner. Do I look like one?
    But I think the current trending COVID 19 made them so popular. They also have several data if you browse their site. As long as they have real data of deaths, births, population, ....... people will come back from time to time. How do they collect all that data daily is something I can't understand.

worldometers.info
    It is real sister!
    Browse their site and see the data counting before your eyes. It is not only COVID 19, they have several data which counts with time. Haven't seen anything like this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2020
    dess71, May 1, 2020 IP
  10. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do your homework. Worldometer is blasted on live news TV in america where millions of people are watching. That's not including the insane amount of major web sites referencing it. You would be a fool to believe the site isn't receiving an absurd amount of views from the #1 search term in the world in a time where there's a pandemic impacting the.......world.

NetStar, May 1, 2020 IP
    dess71 likes this.
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    So you're telling us that a site can handle a billion hits over a short amount of time and not crash? You claim that in 2020 we have the technology to handle that amount of traffic, yet I am the fool?

Do you not believe that traffic numbers can be manipulated? If you don't believe that then I have a steel tower in Paris that I want to sell you. If you act now I'll even throw in a bridge in San Francisco.

Spoiltdiva, May 2, 2020 IP
  12. awesome1

awesome1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Only the reason is, COVID-19.
    This pandemic has changed everything in the world.
    The creator has taken this chance to reach that much audience providing value in real time.

awesome1, May 2, 2020 IP
  13. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the site crashes due to enormous amount of traffic, we can no longer visit it. As far as I know host companies will notify you if your site begins receiving big traffic. So you will have time to upgrade your package. There always is room for any amount of traffic. Look at some of the popular sites, of course they have their own server but it is not impossible for hosting companies either to give you package that can handle whatever amount of traffic you may receive IMHO.

dess71, May 2, 2020 IP
  14. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was curious to know the traffic of Youtube and Facebook. Oh boy Youtube beats FB hands down!

[​IMG]

dess71, May 2, 2020 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    You are completely missing my point. IF the site were to receive that amount of traffic, it would crash. It does not, which is why it hasn't crashed.

Spoiltdiva, May 2, 2020 IP
  16. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nowhere to 958 million visitors a month in 1 month?
    How is this even possible?

vna1611, May 3, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Answer: It is *NOT* possible to anyone with even a small modicum of common sense.

Spoiltdiva, May 3, 2020 IP
  18. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I believe worldometer receives close to a billion traffic. It is the #1 web site in google for most covid related keyword searches. And as I already stated multiple times CNN, Fox, and other major media outlets have mentioned it on TV and in print (almost on the DAILY basis). It has also been referenced by major media personalities such as Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro and Tomi Lahren. These individuals are plastered all over social media and TV. It is even referenced as a source in viral memes that receive millions of shares/likes. So between the HUGE draw from TV, social media, and all major search engines as the #1 web site for the #1 top searched key phrases it is NOT unlikely that this web site receives MASSIVE traffic. Especially during an unusual time where the entire world is on lock down due to a virus that's literally crippling economies. To doubt it just to doubt it because the numbers seem high is ridiculous. It's borderline stupid of you without any sort of reasoning other than "but it seems so much"... It is in fact a very high traffic web site...... I feel I need to say "duh".

There are hundreds of millions of people impacted by the covid virus. It is perfectly logical to assume that there has been billions of searches on COVID-19 over the last 2 months. And with a web site that is appearing in the number 1 spot for those searches it isn't absurd to believe they own the market share of clicks. Now throw in daily massive TV coverage along with social media then you would be completely stupid to think the web site only gets a few hits. I mean....you must be smarter than that. You must be....then again from your other posts I'm thinking you aren't quite that bright.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    NetStar, May 3, 2020 IP
  19. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why? I mean...do you have reasoning that suggest it isn't possible or are you just stating that because it seems high to you?

Never in the present world have we ever experienced unusual circumstances that impact the entire world in the way that this virus is. And since we are in the modern era of technology where most countries and individuals have access to the world wide web from the palm of their hand it isn't crazy to think that most people have searched covid19 or cornorvirus. It's a gurantee that near 100% of those searches brought up worldometer. Now how many of those clicked on the site? Who knows. But using Google's statistics of the amount of people who click on the first result should give you a realistic idea. Again (I'm repeating myself now) throw in daily TV coverage and it's very likely and justifiable. You however didn't give any reasoning other than your personal shock which does not discredit anything.

NetStar, May 3, 2020 IP
  20. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you are right Marco. But at least I do not believe everything that I read and accept that not everything on the net is true, I for one will question. I've wasted enough time on you irritating little fly, so shoooo. Based on your posting history and the way you interact with others on here, you are nothing more than a bored little troll with far too much time on his hands.

Spoiltdiva, May 3, 2020 IP