1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review our web hosting forum

Discussion in 'Websites' started by ysribharath, Apr 29, 2020.

Hi

we have redesigned and relaunched https://www.webhostingforums.com/ and would like to hear from you your feedback and suggestions and bugs if found any

thanks in advance

ysribharath, Apr 29, 2020 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, first impression is that you have a crappy name given that's not a forums, not even close to a forums. You just have another cookie-cutter turdpress site -- with all the hallmarks of web development ignorance, ineptitude, and incompetence that entails.

Whilst there is significant overlap between what a CMS / blogging system does and what a forum does, they are certainly two distinct things. Using the train wreck laundry list of how NOT to build a website that is turdpress and calling it a forums? /FAIL/ hard.

... and because I'm sick and tired of sounding like a broken record, I'm not even going to bother reading you the riot act on the bloated, slow, inaccessible broken WRECK of "eye cans haz teh intarwebs" that is pretty much a given using said scammy nube predator platform.

Here's a big tip, you want to run a forums? Get an actual forum software, not some dumbass blogging system barely fit for grandma to use to entertain her grandkids.

deathshadow, Apr 29, 2020 IP
  3. ysribharath

ysribharath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol .. i have been using smf , vbulletin and xenforo al these days .. i shifted it wantedly to a q and a site so that users can ask questions and get answers in a more comfortable way ..

that is the whole idea of forums isn't it .. discuss ... get answers ..share thoughts...

what u think is forums about .. u r attached to a traditional way of forum design with all that threads and topics stuff .cant help ...

grandma style ..i have selected the layout to be user friendly .,, seo friendly .. amp friendly .. rich snippets ..

Efetobor Agbontaen likes this.
  4. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    seomanualsubmission, Apr 29, 2020 IP
  5. ysribharath

Best Answers:
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Which you don't have since I couldn't even figure out where to register, much less post.... much less navigate the site to find anything in a meaningful fashion.

Which it isn't with the over-use of whitespace, lack of general information on the home page, listings of full topics with summaries instead of just titles making it harder to skim... the broken alternative navigation and little to nothing remotely resembling proper semantics and accessibility... which if you'll remember Matt Cutts advice about "write for the user, not the search engine", it also fails at this next part:

Which it is not given the gibberish markup so common to the monument to developer ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude that is turdpress; making even the worst 15 year old forum software stock templates look good.

Assuming you mean the inaccessible broken halfwit WRECK of "JS for nothing" known as "accelerated mobile pages" -- that tells many users with accessibility needs to go F*** themselves -- /FAIL/ even harder. What is this, 2009?

Seriously, things like AMP are the province of people who utterly failed to understand what HTML is for, why it was created, and how to use it properly. Aka the types of JavaScript junkies who don't give a flying purple fish about anything more than what it looks like on the screen they happen to be seated in front of. Aka the "me, me, me, **** everyone else" sociopathy that's far, FAR too damned common across all of society these days.k

Not even sure what you mean by that. Sounds like marketspeak double-talk and/or black hat SEO scam artist bullshit.

I mean on accessibility grounds, it's a disaster -- one far, FAR too common with the hot and trendy halfwit shortcuts, and a failing to know even the most basic things about actual design. Illegible colour contrasts (white and sky blue?), fixed metric (px) fonts and layout, mixing of PX and dynamic inside PX metric media queries (so basically layout is broken on ALL my devices at default settings), goofy annoying scripttard popup with no keyboard close, and a failure to even provide logical document structure by using numbered headings properly much less the rest of the semantics? It's the typical turdpress "screw SEO and screw visitors too" rubbish.

As evidenced by the broken bloated slow loading code, making the render stage hang far, FAR too long, mated to the ridiculous file-counts and file sizes.

Take the home page right this moment -- 2.84 megabytes in 101 separate files, broken down as follows:

CSS: 575k in 18 separate files
    JavaScript: 1.8 megabytes in 47 files
    HTML: 177k

When NO legitimate website needs more than 48k in one file for CSS per media target! Where in terms of what "needs" JavaScript if we ignore the advertising and social plugins there's no reason for more than around 64k in two files given what it's doing... and the markup?

You've only got 5.89k of plaintext and four content media (avatars) -- NOT EVEN 10k of HTML's FLIPPING JOB!!! Turdpress is vomiting up 17 times the markup such a simple page should have. That's what utter crap it is.

... and you're thinking that throwing more code at it in the form of mental-huffing midgetry like AMP is "better"?

That's the laugh of a lot of things people obsess over; minification, AMP, "wah wah teh evil page loads" -- where 99.99% of the time if the HTML and CSS they were working with wasn't utter shite, they wouldn't have these problems. Again, the proverbial dumping of a can of shellac on a pile. You might be able to polish it to a fine sheen, but that doesn't change the fact that it's bug excrement on horse manure.

*SIGH* see folks, THIS is what's wrong with web development right now.

All the classics of "eye cans haz teh intarwebs" development of endless pointless DIV for nothing, static style and scripting in the markup where it has ZERO business being. Using JavaScript to do things that are CSS' flipping job, using JavaScript in a manner that tells scripting blocked or non-visual user-agents -- like search engines, braille readers, and screen-readers -- to sod off... no fieldsets, broken label associations, endless pointless classes for nothing.

Hell in raw file-counts alone the average page load should be measuring in at around 18 seconds, with a worst-case of around a minute and a half. Consistent with the 23 seconds I'm getting in the waterfall here in FF. 20 second plus first-load cache-empty, who's going to revisit that site? Bounce must be through the roof.

deathshadow, Apr 29, 2020 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  7. ysribharath

Best Answers:
    i will work on the code part and will take up some suggestions .. Thank you

ysribharath, Apr 30, 2020 IP