1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where Should I Get Started My Career?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Adityaa Dayal, Apr 28, 2020.

I had a mundane 9 to 5 job as a web developer. I hadn't get appreciated for my work oftentimes, I wasn't getting any desirable results. Hence, I have a deep passion for writing and psychology. I just decided to rob people's attention for the sake of increasing sales or leads.

Heres my story, I have watched over 50+ hours of content on Youtube, read many books on copywriting, sales funnel, and so on.

Also, I had been dedicating literally 1 hour of my time for merely practicing writing copy pieces for fictional companies. Tried writing for various market niches as well (mainly for tech and health products).

So, I want to know where should I seek for clients or where should I put myself out to taste RESULTS as soon as possible?

Of course, I have created various profiles on freelancing sites. Just tell me how to promote my free content and portfolio through a website ASAP?.

Adityaa Dayal, Apr 28, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's tough to find a new job or start a career in the middle of a pandemic.

If you still have a job in NZ (your IP puts you here) I'd stick with it. Improve your English and look at promotions. Target companies like Spark or Xero where you can move up to roles like business analysis.

A close friend who works in psych reckons you can't get a foothold without a masters. I'm guessing you don't even have a bachelors in psych and will struggle to have credibility as a writer in that niche.

If you want to keep going make writing your second job and keep with the programming. NZ isn't cheap and replacing your Web dev income isn't going to be easy. Maybe talk to companies like "Plan A" to visage what they're looking for in a writer.

sarahk, Apr 29, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    With writing like this even though it is free, you are charging way too much. My honest advice is to go back to web developing.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 29, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and JEET like this.
  4. IMDaniel

IMDaniel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could try Iwriter. If you take on a job and write an article, you might get approved by the buyer.
    Or start your own blog and write articles for yourself.

IMDaniel, Apr 29, 2020 IP
  5. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well in this moment its hard with online business also ,people stop buying as they are afraid of their income lost their jobs etc . But this are the steps for an online business
    1 Decide on a niche ,think very well what you like the most ,psihology etc .Then create a brand name for your business because we will create many paltformsand you want to be recongnized .Then you buy a domain with your brand make and you make a blog ,you create a youtube channel ,social media profiles : facebook,instagram ,twitter etc .you also register on forums in your niche ,quora etc .After that you start create content on your blog around your niche and then you share it to instagram bf ,etc everywhere ,You make the same with the video on youtube Now the most mportant part you need to build an email list and you need an autoresponder ,i recommend you aweber and you create a landing page on your website to collect leads .The most important part ofyour business its your list

Spartan14, Apr 29, 2020 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Like @sarahk and @Spoiltdiva said, try to improve your English before thinking about getting copywriting clients or quitting your website development job.
    That 9 to 5 job pays bills and keeps your fridge full, doesn't it?

To improve your copyrighting skills, setup a couple of blogs on the side.
    Use different niches.
    Write some informative articles about that niche, and try to promote some affiliate products.

Share your blog URLS on freelance sites in your profile.
    Getting a freelance job is not easy either. You need to bid on hundreds of projects before you can finally bag one.

JEET, Apr 29, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and Spoiltdiva like this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I hate to just jump on the bandwagon here and criticize your English grammar and usage skills. However, when I was tutoring English in college, I would have given your writing sample above a "D" which means that it was understandable but very poorly written. Note that you need to be able to write at the A+ level to become a copywriter for any credible company. I do not mean to demean your English-as-a-second language skills. I am sure that you speak and write English much, much better than I could do in your native language, whatever it is. It's just that when you are considering what occupation will feed you, clothe you, provide you with housing, etc., you need to be clear-eyed as to the likelihood of getting paid for a skill. I think that you need to look at other options, right now.

jrbiz, May 1, 2020 IP
    JEET and Spoiltdiva like this.
  8. Lizeria Baquiran

Lizeria Baquiran Peon

Best Answers:
    Recently I lost my job due to Covid 19. I thought it's the end of the world but I started taking short courses and learned new skills under freelancing. I got no knowledge at all. First thing, you have define your niches, skills or talents. There are many informative videos, articles and tips on how to start your career as a freelancer. As for me, I started my very own website from scratch which is a good start for freelancing and I'm currently on Upwork.com and other freelancing websites for submitting proposals. Most of the freelancers are getting hired in there. You just have to showcase your skills and submit your proposals that speaks of what you can offer to achieve your client's goal and get hired.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2020
    Lizeria Baquiran, Jul 19, 2020 IP