1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Bingo on the above statement, except that I would add that the Lamestream Media that is purveying the government's information is even more suspect. BTW, the UN is now predicting the possibility of "biblical" famines in as many as 10 Third World countries as a result of previous problems being worsened by the pandemic. The chief economist of the World Food Program expressed fear that 30 million people could die of starvation in the next few months because they cannot earn a wage to buy food. And their funding is disappearing as donor countries focus on their own economies being devastated under lockdown.

As mentioned previously, the "cure" may result in more deaths and suffering than the disease. All for nasty politics here in the U.S., anyway.

jrbiz, Apr 22, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately this is appearing to be the case. I for one did not predict it would come to this.
    I am relieved that some of the southern states and some regions in Italy are taking some tentative intelligent steps to slowly bring their economies back to some semblance of normality. I wish them all the best on behalf of all of us.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 22, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. misssmiles

misssmiles Peon

Best Answers:
    Ummm masks can keep you safe and everyone around you. Personally I would prefer you sneeze in your own mask and breath it back in then sneeze in the open for me to breath it it, or on the trolley I use, or the pears I buy.

I don't think its overated panic. Some countries are controlling it better than others, any lives lost are dreadful

misssmiles, Apr 23, 2020 IP
  4. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think this is God's way of culling the population and saving the natural resources of the planet.

scurvy, Apr 23, 2020 IP
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I thought it came from some dirty bastards in Wuhan eating bats, but then again there's so much mis-information out there I guess we'll never know.

malky66, Apr 23, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Umm, you need to stop getting your medical advice from the Fake News media. Here is a quote from an article in April reporting on scientific studies on the efficacy of masks for the general population:

"The bottomline, experts say... (is) the evidence for the efficacy of surgical or homemade masks is limited, and masks aren't the most important protection against the coronavirus."

https://www.livescience.com/are-face-masks-effective-reducing-coronavirus-spread.html

And, if you read one of my recent posts in this thread, you may learn that the shutdown is likely to cause more deaths than the Coronavirus. Any lives lost are indeed dreadful, but they are even more dreadful when they are caused by stupidity, ignorance and politics.

That said, you seem like you might be interested in my Deluxe Coronavirus Tinfoil Hat that you can wear on the trolley and while buying your pears. 100% guaranteed protection!

jrbiz, Apr 23, 2020 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    And they are pear shaped! It just doesn't get any better than that.:D

Spoiltdiva, Apr 23, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. Terem123

Terem123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Where the corona virus is and where it came from should not be your concern. All that you need to know is that it is a virus and tit is killing a lot of people. Not everyone that gets the virus dies, only the weak ones. I mean interms of their immune system. Stay healthy and stay indoors if you plan on surviving the virus.

Terem123, Apr 23, 2020 IP
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That's not necessarily true, many healthy fit people have died from it.

malky66, Apr 23, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    ^^^This is the mother of all typos.:confused:

malky66 and jrbiz like this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, LOL, LOL, you beat me to this one! I was laughing and hitting the reply button when I saw you had already replied. :D

I do want to say that I am open to developing a tinfoil hat to defeat this newly identified scourge if enough people are interested in it. I have my own personal horror stories of being a non-fatal victim of such attacks, but need to understand the scope of the problem around the world.

jrbiz, Apr 23, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    There is this horrific story of a guy who bought the Dolly Parton model blow up doll. He died of a heart attack while trying to blow up her 2........(well you get the picture). So as in post #630, "they" can kill you.:eek:

jrbiz likes this.
  13. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    malky66, Apr 23, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva and jrbiz like this.
  14. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Will it be called a titfoil hat?

malky66, Apr 23, 2020 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I like it! We will run it by a few focus groups and get the marketing research team on it. Have to make sure, for example, that the word does not mean "cosmic demon mind control" in Swahili or anything like that.

jrbiz, Apr 23, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My tinfoil hats have a very low morbidity rate. Well within our published standards. Remember that most of the people bleeding out of their ears do survive (as long as they get one or two blood transfusions in the first three days.) And, yes, many of the survivors are left deaf and blind, but they are still alive and officially released from the hospital, so it is all good, statistically. You are much more likely to die by drinking a quart of sulfuric acid than by wearing one of my hats, in fact.

jrbiz, Apr 23, 2020 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Why.... why I ask you, are these morons not wearing your anti karma model hats? I guess it's because you just can't fix stupid!

jrbiz likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    People are always forgetting that all of my hats nest perfectly on top of each other, so the astute client always wears multiple styles at once and vary the mix of styles based on the challenges of the moment. Sometimes it is cosmic demonic mind control waves attacking you and you also need to bake a russet potato. Other times it is vampires, the evil eye, and a nice baked summer squash (special adapter required) that you need to deal with.

I have applied to the major TV and Cable networks for a free PSA announcement reminding the citizenry of this important fact and am waiting for their reply.

jrbiz, Apr 23, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  19. misssmiles

misssmiles Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, just wow.

Masks are important. You're spreading misinformation. Homemade masks are better than nothing but they do not have a filter so are not great but still stop the large bacteria. Have a look at what data scientist Jeremy Howard has to say

Surgical masks have a filter but are not a secure fit and a N95 mask will provide good protection providing you use them properly. Handwashing is important, isolation and quarantining of those who are ill. A combination of these helps stop the spread. There is no one answer

misssmiles, Apr 23, 2020 IP
  20. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    More mis-information.

1) There is NO way to stop the spread of any disease like this short of killing everyone. All that can be done is to SLOW the spread.

2) Unless handled properly, masks are a health hazard as they COLLECT and CONCENTRATE germs, viruses, and other things. Trying to educate enough people in their proper usage is an exercise in futility.

3) No matter what we do, the MAJORITY of humanity will come into contact with this virus and the MAJORITY will never know it. Does it make any sense to close down the economy every Winter when there is a MINOR rash of illnesses?

4) Staying cooped up inside and breathing REGURGITATED air INCREASES the spread of any disease. Spending more time outside lessens the chance of catching anything as air currents DISPERSE the viruses and DILUTE them.

5) Didn't ANYONE learn the LESSONS from the 1918 epidemic? Apparently not as we are REPEATING history.

mmerlinn, Apr 23, 2020 IP