1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Suggestions for My Blog Design

Discussion in 'Design' started by sbsl, Apr 3, 2020.

I have implemented a New Theme and done some changes. Please review it and let me know your suggestions for improvement. here my link - steamyiron.com

sbsl, Apr 3, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Maybe I've been at my desk too long, way too long but wtf is with the yellow?

upload_2020-4-3_23-13-42.png

sarahk, Apr 3, 2020 IP
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The theme is the least of your problems, the content is awful, barely readable.

malky66, Apr 3, 2020 IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well the theme its ok but how a member say its not that important the theme of your website ,its important the content ,backlinks also you need to wind a way to post consistently ,google takes this in consideration

Spartan14, Apr 3, 2020 IP
  5. Gat Dat

Gat Dat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The content look crammed inside each other, try making your homepage more cleaner and easy on the eye.

Gat Dat, Apr 9, 2020 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The tall/narrow thin-gliyph / outline font is extremely difficult to read, a situation only exacerbated by the use of fixed metric (aka pixel scaled) fonts. I dive for the zoom the layout doesn't properly adjust meaning it also has pixel based/broken responsiveneness. Basically the moment you say someting like "font-size:16px" you've screwed the pooch in terms of ACTUAL design. (as opposed to art masquerading as design)... which with broken inaccessible thin-glyph fonts like raleway or dosis you're talling users on high dpi displays, or with visual impairments to go plow themselves.

Said thin glyphs also drag the color #3D3D3D far, FAR below accessibility minimums thanks to how font-smoothing is handled on everything exceept IE. Even on white, the sub-pixel aliasing is dragging the bars on things like your painfully tiny datelines all the way up to #949494 or higher.

Similarly your back to top button is utterly illegible; white on #C7C7C7 is an epic /fail/ at the basic principles of colour contrasts as laid out by the WCAG.

Similarly the page has no alternative navigation due to gibberish to nonexistent use of numbered headings, but that's a code issue. With it being slopped out in turdpress Of COURSE it's a bloated, slow loading, train wreck laundry list of how NOT to build a website; and ACTUAL design suffers as a result. Much less the slow load making the page itself so painful I hate to think what your bounce rate is.

But then most people seem to think that art is all that design is. It isn't.

deathshadow, Apr 16, 2020 IP
  7. YoshimotoTo

YoshimotoTo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    info text all is great ,but why background is yellow ? no no ,its not fit the site , maybe grey ?

YoshimotoTo, Apr 16, 2020 IP
  8. sbsl

sbsl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are You suggesting me to change the homepage design?

sbsl, Apr 24, 2020 IP
  9. sbsl

sbsl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    S
    So do you think I need to change the design of the blog? You are right bounce rate is high and that's an issue for me? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

sbsl, Apr 24, 2020 IP