1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Two facebook pages - profile and fan need help!

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Ralph DAgostino, Apr 14, 2020.

My profile has 5000 friends so I created a fan page. I thought I merged the profile to the fan page but not sure. Should I deleted my profile page as I want ONE place on facebook to find me.

Any help please?

rd

Ralph DAgostino, Apr 14, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If profile = personal page then you can't/shouldn't delete it.

Years ago I belonged to a club that created an account and had a stack of "friends". I switched that to a page and went through the process of converting people. All the friends were invited and a bunch changed over slowly. What followed was a couple of months prior to a huge event chasing people. I'd keep facebook open and watch for when the friends came online and ask them to like the page. Once they'd done that I'd unfriend them. By the end, when the event was held, we decided that anyone left as "friends" wasn't going to miss our updates and club info so we abandoned the account.

Now, these were people who were actively interested in the sport and the event (but not necessarily the club) and they were hard work to convert. You may be in a similar situation. After a while go through and unfriend those who aren't really friends. I'm all for facebook being a safe place to share things with real friends and family - you can't do that with 5000 friends.

sarahk, Apr 14, 2020 IP
  3. Ralph DAgostino

Ralph DAgostino Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm Ok as this may work for you but as for me it doesn't solve my problem as I thought by merging the two pages I would have one but I still have the two. I need to know if I should do another merge and see if it works . Facebook is of no help as nobody answers the forums.

R

Ralph DAgostino, Apr 14, 2020 IP
  4. Riajul

Riajul Peon

Best Answers:
    Convert your friend for facebook Page like: https://www.facebook.com/pages/create/migrate

Riajul, Apr 28, 2020 IP