1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You would never, ever hear that anywhere else. The Kenyan could do no wrong in the Fake News media, despite being unable to put a sentence together without a teleprompter, mismanaging most government business, and being a Chicago political thug at his deepest core.

jrbiz, Apr 7, 2020 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    SPECIAL DEAL,TODAY ONLY! I WILL TRADE THE FOLLOWING:
    12 rolls of high grade toilet paper
    10 n95 face masks
    5 tinfoil hats
    1 aspirator
    All this for 1 bottle of Chloroquine (60 tablets)

Do not delay as this offer won't be around for long!

Spoiltdiva, Apr 7, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Dr. Oz was on Fox this morning and he said that he had talked to many, many rheumatologists about hydroxychloroquine very recently. They all told him that they have been prescribing it whenever needed and have NEVER seen any side effects. They all considered it to be a very safe drug. Yes, it's anecdotal, but that is all that we have right now, isn't it?

Note that you are giving up too many tinfoil hats in your offer. One would be plenty, given their value on the open market.

jrbiz, Apr 7, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and Spoiltdiva like this.
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    True that, I put too many worms on the hook. I posted my comment and before I had a chance to log out I got all these alerts. Dozens of members were frantically offering me Chloroquine and even offering to pay for the shipping costs. I lied and said that I only had 1 tinfoil hat left and still they offered to make the deal. They didn't seem to give a hoot about the rest, all wanted to get their hands on the tinfoil hat.

So....while the rest of the world seems to be going to hell in a hand basket....I've got my Chloroquine!:DThis means that while my neighborhood will most likely be completely wiped out, I will make it.:cool:

JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Then you can help yourself to all of their stuff, too! Pity, as we have plenty of tinfoil hats in stock. The banks are pretty crowded right now, if you want to lease one, but otherwise, they are readily available.

jrbiz, Apr 7, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  6. Tony Martell

Tony Martell Peon

Best Answers:
    Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19. Follow the advice given by your healthcare provider, your national and local public health authority or your employer on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.

Tony Martell, Apr 7, 2020 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Some of the latest "results" from the IHME/Murray math models that the U.S. healthcare establishment has been relying on:

First early estimate: 2.2 million deaths
    Next estimate: 100K to 200K deaths
    Next estimate: 100K to 240K deaths
    Next estimate: 93,000 deaths
    Latest estimate: 81,000 deaths

Yes, social isolation may have helped these numbers. By how much remains a big question.

Apparently, however, these are not the only goofy estimates. They had to change their prediction for how many ventilators would be required to handle the crisis. They found that they were off by a factor of 40!!! That means that they predicted needing 40 times more ventilators than what have been actually needed. Much like the climate change modelers, these folks are really just snake oil vendors when you come down to it.

And it is because of these models that we have shut down the economy and are destroying people and businesses.

jrbiz, Apr 7, 2020 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think you might be exaggerating the ignorance of America. The world was fixated on Wuhan long before the travel ban, there's no reason to think Americans wouldn't have been concerned too. The CDC had a heads up in January from the Seattle doctor and will have had the best information from internal intel and wouldn't have been relying on the media. The CDC would have been keeping Government abreast of their concerns.

sarahk, Apr 7, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Canadian doctors do not have the same restrictions as American doctors do in regards to using Chloroquine for treating Covid-19 patients. And have been using it far more than their American counterparts. Check out these stats:

America: 12,000 deaths from Covid-19
    Canada: 350 deaths from Covid-19

What more proof is needed?

jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You're right, I used the wrong term when I wrote "anyone else." What I should have written is the Democrats, the Swamp, and the Fake News media, who are now chastising Trump, were focused on the impeachment hoax and other issues long after Trump enacted the travel ban. And they called him a racist xenophobe for doing it, in fact! Now, they lead the charge in claiming that Trump was too slow at the start.

jrbiz, Apr 7, 2020 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I can't understand why America doesn't have a proper travel ban in place. It's going to be impossible to get this thing under control until you stop people spreading it far and wide.

[​IMG]

sarahk, Apr 7, 2020 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Canada has developed a compact ventilator that is the size of a toaster. It is easier and faster to make than the other models. There are expectations that this new ventilator could be made available sometime in May.
    In the meantime Canadian doctors are extracting the plasma of recovered Covid-19 patients and giving this antibodie serum to active Covid-19 patients. Yet another reason why Canada only has 380 deaths as of today from Covid-19. (350 as of yesterday)

JoeSpirit, jrbiz and sarahk like this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know the actual stats on this, but what I have heard, anecdotally, is that any planes still being used on flights are basically empty of passengers. However, those passengers that are on the planes are healthcare workers, military, and other such folks who are going to help out other areas. The planes are also in the air with medical and other supplies, according the press briefings we get each day. I cannot believe that there are tourists or other unnecessary travelers on the planes because there is nothing open to visit or see and no one is attending business meetings or anything like that. I suppose there might be a slight few people who are travelling to family homes (e.g., when all of the colleges closed and students need to get home, etc.) but anything else would be very surprising.

It's interesting, because yesterday I was considering our lockdown and wondering what percentage of people are actually able to isolate. Here is a list of essential people who must go to work: healthcare workers (these are all hospital workers from doctors to janitors to admins); police, fire, and EMT's; farmers, food processors, food distributors; all manner of shipping/logistics folks (from truckers, to pilots, to warehouse workers, to delivery van drivers); pharmaceutical and medical equipment and supplies manufacturers; grocery store and pharmacy workers (not just cashiers but all admins, etc.); gas station employees; bank and insurance employees (money drives everything, workers, hospitals, etc. must be paid); and I am sure that there are more that I have missed. So, the question is: what actual percentage of the citizenry is actually isolating?

Now, keep in mind, that if 100% of the citizenry did isolate, we would never get over the pandemic because the minute we stopped isolating, the virus would start spreading again like wildfire. The ONLY way this will end, right now, is when enough of the "herd" has been exposed and recovered from the virus, thereby developing immunity. And, of course, we would all starve to death or die from not taking our meds, etc.

We cannot just cuddle up in our caves and ride this out. It is much more complicated than that and we may be getting to the point where the cure is worse than the flu we are fighting.

jrbiz, Apr 8, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva and JoeSpirit like this.
  14. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My health care provider doesn't like to talk to me. I'm too healthy.

Today the governor of Indiana said don't cross state lines and they're going to start enforcing the stay at home rule. First offense is a verbal. I think the second is a ticket and the third is loss of license.

JoeSpirit, Apr 8, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    In Seattle they have begun as of Monday a 6 week period human trial experiment to test a new vaccine. It is the INO-4800 DNA vaccine. This was developed by Inovio Pharmaceaticals and the trial is being done at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Institute.

They are beyond confident that they now have the answer to this Covid-19 virus. So by mid May or so they will have finished. They then need to check the data, produce and distribute the vaccine. It appears to me that we will win this battle soon enough.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, Apr 8, 2020 IP
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What if your job is across state lines and you are going into work? What if the closest grocery store and/or pharmacy is across state lines? These situations all apply to me, by the way. I just do not see how this is enforceable, never mind the federal interstate commerce laws that such an order violates. Our leftist governor tried that ban and it was shut down really quickly for legality reasons.

This is great news and I believe that there is more great news on the therapy front. I need to look into what I think that I heard last night and will report back when I get a few moments.

Here are a couple of anecdotal news items from yesterday regarding therapeutic treatments:

1. An L.A. doctor who is the CEO of multiple health clinics, Dr. Anthony Cardillo, said he has seen very promising results when prescribing hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc for the most severely-ill COVID-19 patients.

"Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News 7 in Los Angeles. "So, clinically, I am seeing a resolution."

2. Another drug that has shown some potential for treating COVID-19 is Remdesivir, a drug that was initially developed as a potential treatment for Ebola. A Palo Alto, CA, woman was accepted into a clinical trial for Remdesivir and said it was effective in improving her condition, according to a news reporter covering the story.

Anyway, if @Spoiltdiva's vaccine news pans out and/or the above therapies start working and shutting down the pandemic, you are going to see a lot of long faces and panic in the Fake News/Swamp/Democrat circles as this is being viewed as their last, great hope for bringing down Trump before the election. It's early, of course, but they may already be getting worried.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2020
    jrbiz, Apr 8, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and Spoiltdiva like this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    For more info on the above please refer back to post #249 and post #63.

jrbiz likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Latest update from the same model as used for the above numbers. It is now projecting 60,000 deaths in the U.S. from Covid-19. That happens to be about the same number of deaths caused by influenza. These models are laughable.

BTW, the actual death counts are now under suspicion as it has been admitted that if someone dies (say from a heart attack) and happens to have Covid-19, that will be counted as a Covid-19 death. Nothing like inflating the numbers to keep the story exciting.

jrbiz, Apr 8, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Doctors and researchers from around the world are beginning to look at Hong Kong and New Zealand. Hong Kong has only had 4 deaths from Covid-19 while New Zealand has only had 1 person die so far. These 2 nations seem to be doing something right, and we need to find out what it is and apply it.

Some will claim NZ has an advantage due to it being an island in the middle of nowhere. But then how would you explain Hong Kong which borders China?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    JoeSpirit, sarahk and jrbiz like this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I hate to brag, but NZ and HK actually happen to buy more Deluxe Tinfoil Hats, per capita, than just about anywhere else.

But, if you want to look at other issues, I think that the NZ island advantage is quite valid. Not sure what the traffic from China into NZ is, but my guess is that it is not that high. If people with the virus are not coming into your country in great numbers and you shut down all visitors and then lockdown, I can see it being a good way to lower infections and deaths. It is probably much the same for HK, as they are a "political island" which had until recently been in open conflict with their Chinese masters. Might have severely limited travel between the two areas, much like an island. Either that, or these two places are keeping the ingredients of their special sauce a secret.

jrbiz, Apr 8, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.