1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As with religion I really don't have that much of an interest in politics so I am not that informed. I cannot determine as to why Chloroquine is being sidelined while people are dying, makes little sense.

In 1945 it was determined that it would take a year and a million American lives to invade Japan. It was then decided to drop a nuclear bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and put an end to it. Yes, they knew it would mean lives lost but less lives than the alternative.
    Let us therefore use the Chloroquine bomb and end the thing.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 5, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the most frustrating thing: Chloroquine has been used and proven safe for millions of people around the world for decades. It is not a potentially unknown "bomb" that could cause more harm than good. This a fact that cannot be disputed. So, the next question is why are the fake news media not asking such tough questions of the leftist governor of New York as people lay dying without treatment? It is because they are co-conspirators in this horrible denial of treatment. Their mantra is "test, but do not cure" as that helps them to promote their evil agenda.

jrbiz, Apr 5, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and Spoiltdiva like this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Political conspiracies aside it is astonishing that this Chlorophine treatment is being hampered and delayed. Something is just not kosher here. To the non politicals like me, the jury is not yet out on all of this.

jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If anyone can come up with another reason, besides politics, for why this is happening, I am all ears.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    jrbiz, Apr 5, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  5. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    If indeed you are "all ears" then this means that you have not been wearing the tinfoil hat. Your ears are covered when it is applied. You being the inventor and CEO are hardly providing a ringing endorsement of your product.:oops:

6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You must not be familiar with our sleek and sporty tinfoil hat designs that are more aerodynamic and do not fully cover the ears. In addition to being great for drag racing competitions, they also make less mess should you bleed out of your ears while wearing the hat.

jrbiz, Apr 5, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  7. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does this mean that you have experienced this bleeding ear condition? And for that reason initiated the sleek and sporty designs?

JoeSpirit, Apr 6, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No, it's just a few whiners that complain about the ear bleeding. They probably represent less than 75% of our installed customer base, so not a big issue for us from a QA perspective. The sleek and sporty designs were made for drag racers and parachutists, originally. Now they are used in many different applications, including tornado chasers and snowboarders.

jrbiz, Apr 6, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva and JoeSpirit like this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Update on Hydroxychloroquine: A new survey of doctors around the world conducted by the global health care polling company Sermo has just been published. Of the 6,227 physicians surveyed in 30 countries, 37% rated hydroxychloroquine the ‘most effective therapy’ for combating the potentially deadly illness, according to the results released Thursday. These doctors rated the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine the best treatment for the novel coronavirus.

This morning, however, I heard Dr. Fauci, who seems to be leading the overall science bureaucracy for Trump was saying this morning that it should not be used because it is not clinically tested enough? There was also some medical school professor from NY this morning basically saying that every pandemic has its snake oil cures and hydroxychloroquine is one of them for this pandemic. Really??? 2,300+ doctors around the world say that it is working for their patients (note that each of those doctors likely have treated multiple patients) and they and their many thousands of sick patients are being fooled by snake oil? And, these are the folks that are going to tell us when we can get the economy started again? :rolleyes:

Wow, here is an interesting piece of news: the leftist Democrat Governor of Michigan issued a decree a couple of weeks ago that banned doctors in her state from prescribing hydroxychloroquine to their coronavirus patients. She just quietly asked the federal government to ship her state some as their infections go up and up (mostly because of Detroit, I suspect.) I guess she figured that too many people would die because of her Trump Bad/Hydroxycholoroquine Bad position a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    jrbiz, Apr 6, 2020 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    This is starting to drive me crazy. We have a way out of this mess but the over cautious deniers are all hell bent on applying the brakes. I'm close to the point where I'm going to ask some old 81 year old geezer to sneeze and cough on me, so I can just end it all!:eek:

Spoiltdiva, Apr 6, 2020 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There's always the fish tank cleaner option... ;) Seriously, it is annoying and a real shame. This lack of action is truly killing people.

jrbiz, Apr 6, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and Spoiltdiva like this.
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Didn't the swedes just cancel their trial because of unacceptable side effects?

sarahk, Apr 6, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I heard that a group of Swedish hospitals stopped using it because it was causing cramps, headaches, and loss of peripheral vision. I find it hard to believe that these side effects have not already been observed in some of the tens or hundreds of thousands of users of this drug prior to the coronavirus. They also said that they did not see any patient improvement from using it. I don't know much more about the hospitals' decision, but I do know that most powerful drugs have some sort of possible side effects for a certain percentage of users and also that very few drugs, if any, have an 100% success rate. So, in smallish samples, you can observe pretty much anything.

More important, what if hydroxychloroquine only helps a percentage of the sick? It is still something worth trying. It might have a 50% success rate and that would be great. It might have less, it might have more but it does seem to be helping people according to 2,300 doctors surveyed around the world.

jrbiz, Apr 6, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    How many Swedes does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer: I have no IKEA.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Apr 6, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    They have, that's why lupus patients go to an ophthalmologist every 3 months to check their vision for retinal damage.

sarahk, Apr 6, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. Evan115

Evan115 Peon

Best Answers:
    God Bless America! No one knows COVID-19 than Trump
    Recently, California governor Newson announced found 514 old models ventilators, California West United Medical Services found 39 million N95 masks, A garbage recycling company found that 36000 whole boxes of N95 masks were lost last year. According to estimates, 39 million masks need at least 10000 cubic meters of volume, requires at least half a football field, equivalent to China’s 39 days of production. Such numbers and scale are by no means coincidental. It is President Trump’s prior knowledge of the COVID-19 outbreak and strategic reserves prepared in advance. God Bless America! We can definitely overcome this epidemic.

Evan115, Apr 6, 2020 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you got a citation to prove that bold claim?

sarahk, Apr 6, 2020 IP
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Apparently then, the medical establishment believes that the potential benefit for malaria and/or lupus patients outweighs the potential risk of side effects. A common trade-off in life and death situations. I know that if I had Covid-19 and was on a ventilator in the ICU, I would want to try a drug that could possibly prevent me from dying, despite potential retinal damage and cramps/headaches.

jrbiz, Apr 7, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is well-documented that Trump closed off travel from China in January which was long before anyone else in the U.S. had Covid-19 on its radar screen. In fact, the Left and the Fake News media called his actions misguided and xenophobic/racist back then. He was ridiculed for it. We now know that he saved lives by stopping what is normally very heavy traffic between the two countries, while the Left/Swamp/Fake News co-conspirators were too busy promoting the Impeachment hoax.

On the other hand, the Strategic National Stockpile was not prepared for a massive, once in a lifetime, health situation like this. Nothing new there, of course. This stockpile is always in a relatively bad state and has been since it was established decades (centuries?) ago. Politicians see no benefit in spending money on the stockpile when they could, instead, spend that money in their districts to buy votes. That is why it is mostly minimally stocked at any given time. It is generally prepared for smaller crises in limited geographic areas. The Fake News media, of course, relies on their typically under-informed readers to not understand this historical perspective and blame Trump for not having a crystal ball to see this extreme situation coming. Had this happened while we were suffering under the Kenyan's misrule, you would never have heard about this supply chain issue or the Strategic National Stockpile.

What has been impressive is how quickly the Trump administration as been able to partner with private businesses to produce more equipment and supplies quickly and get them distributed. We are very lucky this happened under his administration, in this regard, because the Kenyan would never have been able to do the same due to the total mistrust between him and the business community.

jrbiz, Apr 7, 2020 IP
  20. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Would that be the guy down the street again?

I recall hearing news reports not long ago about part of the reason for N95 shortages is that Obama didn't bother to replace those used during his administration. I was really surprised they released that report - but it was Fox.

JoeSpirit, Apr 7, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva and jrbiz like this.