1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Some acquaintances of mine father passed away and the only people who could attend were the immediate family, but they couldn't be in one big group. They only allowed one family at a time for pictures. They used a drone to film the funeral. That was in Seattle.

qwikad.com, Mar 31, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I just got the word that there will be no wake and no funeral (this is in Massachusetts) and she will be cremated. They will have a celebration of life ceremony once the quarantining is over.

jrbiz, Mar 31, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The British health care system is one of the best in the world. The British apparently feel that if you test positive and your symptoms are mild, that you can quarantine for only 7 days as opposed to 14 days if your symptoms are more severe.
    Case in point, both Prince Charles and prime minister Boris Johnson are being allowed by their doctors to resume going about in public after only 7 days as their symptoms were mild. P.M. Johnson who was just recently quarantined is being let out this Friday. I believe that the prince is already out.

Are we in North America practicing a bit of overkill by forcing everyone who tests positive to quarantine for 14 days?

Spoiltdiva, Mar 31, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. payfreshman

payfreshman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The NHS is practically free compared to the US health system but I won't say it's the best in the world except you being sarcastic. Even the Italian health system is supposedly better than the Brits hence why very few Spanish, Italian or French Dr's in the UK.

Anyways isolating for 7 or 14 days depends on if you are living with someone who is now been infected. However, I think in the US, what one does depends solely on the hues and cries of Donald J trump

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    payfreshman, Mar 31, 2020 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Very good English....well, maybe I'm being sarcastic again.;)

jrbiz likes this.
  6. payfreshman

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes::rolleyes: not sure what you referring to. Didn't type that lol

7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    From one former writer to an active writer, I'll accept that.:)

jrbiz likes this.
  8. payfreshman

Best Answers:
    Thanks spoiltdiva!!

9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    In an effort to stem the spread of the Corona virus V.P. Pence came out today wearing a tinfoil hat at the Whitehouse briefing. He is promoting what he calls "Tinfoil Tuesday". This is an effort to try and get the American public to don more of the hats. Hope that this catches on, I understand that a "Tinfoil Thursday" could also be in the works.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. payfreshman

Best Answers:
    :oops: Gotcha!

11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    My kind of lockdown!
    The word from within the NHS: self isolate for longer if you possibly can. They're not saying much publicly but the UK is bad, not Spanish bad, but bad enough.

sarahk, Mar 31, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We have been humbled by the outpouring of support. Who would have thought that the merging of a small canning company with a local haberdashery (who would join forces in 1947 to help those folks directly affected by the Roswell incident) is now being recognized on the world stage? To celebrate this honor, we are going to extend our very popular BOGO sales on all models of our tinfoil hats (excludes all custom hats) until next Thursday! And, we will include a free calendar (not including shipping and handling fees) with "Tinfoil Tuesday through Thursday" circled in red every week. Each month will feature a bare-all, no-holds-barred, close-up of one of our tinfoil hats in action!

I knew that the ER doctors were over-reacting when they started giving emergency blood transfusions to many of my other customers. We will put out an advisory notice on the Dom Perignon once my lawyers review the language.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2020
    jrbiz, Mar 31, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  13. lucs

lucs Peon

Best Answers:
    I have many N95 face masks and Disposable Surgical 3-Ply Face Masks,i can supply many,but what should i do to make money during this time ,which below choices do you suggest??A.set an Independent online shop,and then receive retail orders and money by paypal( can i promote my shop with google ads? and may paypal allow me to selling these products) B.just contact wholesalers by many forums,then the wholesalers help to retail,they do business off linewhich you prefer if you are in my situation,please share you opinions

lucs, Mar 31, 2020 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Phone your local hospital and offer to sell to them.

sarahk, Mar 31, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  15. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Noticed in last evening's update that the US has plenty of tests now available and facilities to perform the tests. Problem seems to be the facilities that collect the samples don't know about them.

VP Pence's task force is now trying to figure a way to get the word out.

Of course, once that happens and the testing ramps up the numbers of positive cases will skyrocket and I imagine surpass anything seen so far around the world.

This morning's news said to expect 100,000 to 200,000 deaths across the US and normal flu deaths are typically in the 50k range.

JoeSpirit, Apr 1, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have commented before on mathematical models when discussing the folly of the climate change alarmists and their models. Note that I used to lead sales teams that sold mathematical modeling software to a wide range of modelers (including healthcare and medical folks) and these epidemiology models are worse than trying to model the climate. That is not to say that they are wrong (even a broken clock is right twice a day) but you have to recognize something about modeling like this: the modelers are strongly incented to present doom and gloom results. First, it makes headlines and gets their work in the limelight and second, if they are wrong and the numbers come out better, they can then lay claim to having helped prevent the apocalypse because they warned us early, etc. There is no such incentive to produce more optimistic numbers. And note that just slightly tweaking any of the variables can change results by orders of magnitude. And that assumes that you know all of the variables which we clearly do not at this time. Bottomline: Take these numbers the same way you look at a weather forecast for ten days out. It is interesting, but rarely reflects exact reality.

Then, think about this: what if the numbers end up being just like normal old flu that we deal with every year without trying to tank the best economy we had since the 1980's? Has this just been another hyped up hoax by the Fake News and their co-conspirators on the Left and in the Swamp who are desperately trying to get back into power?

jrbiz, Apr 1, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    In Canada they only have 100 deaths due to the Corona virus. Why so low compared to other countries? The theory is that because of Canada's brutal winters Canadians are much better at staying at home and social isolating.
    When it's -30 out and windy you don't leave the house, they are used to being home bound for long periods of time. A 2 week quarantine etc. is all old hat to them.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 1, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  18. payfreshman

Best Answers:
    Yeah I know right. The govt didnt even wanna lockdown. it was basically the citizens asking for the lockdown. Funny enough, people are still going to work "if they cannot WFH"

payfreshman, Apr 1, 2020 IP
  19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    A good citizen would offer to donate them instead of trying to profit. We ought to be all pulling together at this time.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 1, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit, sarahk and jrbiz like this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My wife has either been a stay-at-home Mom or has worked from home on a small ecommerce business for the past 28 years. During much of that period, I have been a remote worker, as well. So, for us, the social isolation has been mostly a non-event. We are very used to working from home, etc. I guess that the only disruption is not going out to eat on the weekends, limiting our trips to the grocery/pharmacy a bit more, and also not doing any entertainment or other such activities on the weekends.

jrbiz, Apr 1, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.