1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is coronavirus affected to global marketing?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by egoldzone, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My understanding is that the mods have all purchased the anti spamming option on your tinfoil hats and have been religiously wearing them when they log on.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  2. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My gut feeling is that many countries will be facing very large debts/deficits once this is all over. I think they might well face major austerity that will make the austerity from 2008 look like a walk in the park

SpacePhoenix, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I disagree, there will be a bounce back and an economic resurgence as most people are optimists and have a *can do* attitude.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  4. Liam loughney

Liam loughney Peon

Best Answers:
    I think food, drink and hospitality companies will be most affected. However some e-commerce stores have been doing quite well due to everyone staying at home and ordering online more.

Liam loughney, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  5. Mehedi Hasan Rubel

Mehedi Hasan Rubel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If 90% people can't going out of home then it will affected all of the economic affairs in present and coming days.But hopefully it will clear as soon as possible.

Mehedi Hasan Rubel, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  6. WerkingForce

WerkingForce Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes that is what I keep trying to tell everyone!

WerkingForce, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if this is something going on just in the U.S., but today is Takeout Tuesday which is an attempt to encourage people to frequent their local restaurants for takeout orders. We will be doing so tonight at our favorite diner. Over the weekend, we did takeout from our pizza place. There have always been initiatives to help support your local businesses, but I think that it is more appreciated these days. Might be some sort of marketing opportunity in this trend.

jrbiz, Mar 31, 2020 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    one day...

We just started "a book" on how long our 4 week lockdown will really be. I'm the most pessimistic at 8 weeks. We're running a 4 level alert system, when we drop down to L3 our takeaway places reopen and we'll definitely be buying from owner-operators but even big takeout companies like McDonalds are run by franchisees and are essentially small businesses.

sarahk, Mar 31, 2020 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Hang in there, this will all pass and better times are coming.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 1, 2020 IP
  10. Paincrusher

Paincrusher Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course it's affected, a lot of real life industries got hit also on a very big level, I am still not sure how people really can't see it, and it will be only worse, sure if all your business - content site - then you may be no worry at all.

Paincrusher, Apr 4, 2020 IP
  11. WerkingForce

WerkingForce Peon

Best Answers:
    The whole worlds going to be affected, from online business all the way to brick and motor businesses

WerkingForce, Apr 4, 2020 IP
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind that the bulk of the economy is psychological. If people and businesses feel confident and optimistic, the economy does well, as it has been doing the past 3.5 years (at least here in the U.S.) For the past couple of months, the media has been scaring and demoralizing people and businesses without let up. We can speculate as to their motivations, but there is no disputing what they have done to the psyche of the world markets. Politicians, spineless and faced by the onslaught of bad press, have enacted police state measures to further shut down what had been the best economy I have seen since the 1980's.

So, from a global marketing perspective we need to figure out whether it will be like a "light switch" once this flu virus has been "beaten" and the economy will come roaring back quickly, or if the confidence and optimism of the world markets have been so unnecessarily damaged that we will stay mired in a recession or worse. It is really hard to predict which of these circumstances will occur. However, the longer we artificially dampen (in fact, destroy) the wonderful economy we had, the more likely that the economy will not just automatically spring back.

As marketers, we have to prepare for both eventualities, of course. So, I suggest that you develop a Plan A in which the economy bounces back quickly in a month or two and a Plan B in which the economy stays tanked for months or years and will be identified by future historians as one of the great follies of the new bubble wrap mindset that people have.

jrbiz, Apr 5, 2020 IP
  13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What about this scenario: Let's say by the end of May they declare victory. And then we have a second wave (which seems to be the case with pandemics). The recovery efforts can be thwarted by that. I am also thinking recovery is not going to be simultaneous. Even here in the US it will be state by state. In Europe for Italy and Spain it will take a while to get back to normal, whereas Sweden or Norway may not need nearly as much time.

I guess, I wouldn't be too hopeful about the economy coming back roaring. It will be a slow, gradual process.

qwikad.com, Apr 5, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My Plan A/Plan B approach is following the hope for the best and plan for the worst theory. You correctly point out that it is much more likely that you need a Plan C which is if the market recovery falls between those two extremes. That would point to niche strategies to focus on those partsof the economy that are recovering first.

jrbiz, Apr 5, 2020 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    When the pandemic is deemed to be under control and countries lift the social isolation quarantines the various economies will come roaring back like a pride of lions on crac. People will go crazy with celebrations, shopping sprees, eating out in restaurants, driving to places etc. The stock market will break records, oil prices and other stocks will rocket. You just wait and see!

Spoiltdiva, Apr 5, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    From your lips to God's ears... ;)

jrbiz, Apr 5, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Just saw this Ma & Pa Kettle meme and thought that it offers a perspective on the current consumer marketing situation:

maandpakettle.jpg

jrbiz, Apr 6, 2020 IP
  18. Mattlebl

Mattlebl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its problem all world. Pray for all people.

Mattlebl, Apr 13, 2020 IP
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, the U.S. is now looking at Phasing back to "normal", though no state has actually taken action as of now. On the morning news/talk TV, someone mentioned that the first professional Sports league to get its games going (no matter which one it is) will have the biggest audiences it has ever had and may, in fact, pick up new fans as never before. They will be capitalizing on pent up demand from sports fanatics who have been in withdrawal for many weeks now.

I think that this also applies to many businesses. The first restaurant, department store, etc., that opens up for business will greatly benefit from pent up demand. How can we apply this Pent Up Demand (PUD) to Internet Marketing???

jrbiz, Apr 17, 2020 IP
  20. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    A good golf game starring Tiger and all the main pros.

qwikad.com, Apr 17, 2020 IP