1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Armchair Dining on DP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We have a Taco Bell not too far from where I live and I am very partial to their soft burrito with sour cream....yum, yum!:)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 27, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Try their Beef Quesarito. My favorite!

jrbiz, Feb 27, 2020 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here in the U.S., it is Girl Scout cookie season. This has been a long tradition that I remember since I was a kid (it was going on long before that, as well.) My two longtime favorites are the Shortbread (used to be called Trefoils) and the coconut/caramel/chocolate Caramel DeLites (used to be called Samoas.) However, this year, we also put in an order for the new Lemonade cookies as well as the new S'Mores cookies. Here is a photo of some of the cookies they are offering this year:

GirlScoutCookies1.jpg

It takes weeks (months?) for them to actually be delivered once you order them. Hopefully, I will be off my miserable diet by then. :)

jrbiz, Mar 3, 2020 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    For some reason the Girl Scouts don't come around my neighborhood. But the Army Cadets do to raise money for veterans and their causes. I always buy their peanut butter filled maple cookies. Because of the cause I always give them more $$$ than they are asking. This is no doubt why they never miss my home when they are doing their canvassing.:)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 3, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like you are marked by the Army Cadets! Good thing to be marked as, of course. ;)

jrbiz, Mar 3, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Ten shun!:rolleyes: *salute

Spoiltdiva, Mar 3, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The caramel delites are my favorite. But I like them with coffee. Milk makes them hard and you don't get the full flavor.

qwikad.com, Mar 4, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Will your daughter be selling them at some point? :)

I kind of like them all, except for the thin mints (don't much care for minty things at all). The peanut butter ones are also low on my list. Looking forward to trying the Lemonade and S'Mores for the first time.

jrbiz, Mar 4, 2020 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I highly doubt it. Well, let me put it this way: I won't bring it up. My wife and I are busy as it is. It would be just another thing to do. Did yours do it when she was little?

qwikad.com, Mar 4, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No, she went into cheerleading when she was 5 or 6 and, in our town, it is an all-consuming effort that she was involved with until high school. No time for much of anything else. What will likely trigger what your daughter gets involved with is what her friends are doing. That is how it worked with us; her best friend was a year older and into cheerleading...

jrbiz, Mar 5, 2020 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    What ever you do, don't order the new Corona burger. I made that mistake yesterday and did just that. I went to the drive through and the employees were all dressed weird at the burger place. They were all wearing masks and had rubber gloves on.
    I took the burger home and it must be the garlic and onions because now everyone is avoiding me. I think it's because the Corona burger gave me bad breath. And get this...for whatever reason some joker went and put police tape around my property! .............Worst burger I ever had!!!!:mad:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a picture of Flame's Corona Burger (Corona, CA)

FlamesCoronaBurgers.jpg

Just show them your new tinfoil hat and you should be all set. ;)

jrbiz, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  13. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    mmm, that looks tasty, anyone that eats that deserves to get coronavirus.

malky66, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I did and to add insult to injury all the employees down at the burger joint were laughing at it. I think that the toilet paper dispenser option on the top is probably what did it.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What ignorant fools they are! If they had any sense at all, they would have realized that you are a person of discerning taste and accomplishment as evidenced by your Super Deluxe Tinfoil Hat. Not just your average tinfoil hat like some paranoid jerk. You are wearing top of the line fashion. And, here is what else they are missing:

foilpotato.jpg

I pity them.

jrbiz, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, yesterday was my daughter's birthday. We ended up, at the last minute, deciding to go to Cheesecake Factory, a well-known national chain here in the U.S. Because I am still on my low carb diet, I had their Cobb salad, which is composed of "Chicken Breast, Avocado, Blue Cheese, Bacon, Tomato, Egg and Mixed Greens Tossed in Our Vinaigrette," except that I changed Vinaigrette to Bleu Cheese dressing, so that I was able to "wallow" in bleu cheese (both crumbled and in the dressing) as it is one of my favorite cheeses and is very low carb. This picture is directly from their online menu and it looks a lot like what I got:

CobbSalad.jpg

However, the highlight of the evening came from a place that I have mentioned more than once in this thread, and that is Ally's Donuts, a Rhode Island donut manufacturer that makes special donut-based dough birthday cakes. This time, we opted for their "Giant Donut" shape and I placed a pen next to it for a size check in the photo:

allysgiantdonut2.jpg

Due to my diet, I only had a token bite, but even that was great!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    jrbiz, Mar 15, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    At yesterday's Whitehouse briefing Dr. Anthony Fauci said, "There is no scientific evidence that proves definitively that tinfoil hats are effective in fighting the Covid-19 virus". Yet he was seen leaving the Whitehouse with a bag that had a tinfoil hat sticking out of it. When questioned by a reporter he claimed that he had it only for the baked potato option.........HYPOCRITE!

We know what he really uses the tinfoil hat for. ;) *notice how I threw in the "baked potato"? It is a thread about eating after all

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, Mar 26, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @Spoiltdiva you are right on top of things. Tony actually is a longtime customer, starting with our Anti-Polio tinfoil hats in the 1950's.

But, I have bad news to report: our favorite Chinese Buffet is closed. I figured as much because who would want to be sharing buffet serving tools, etc., right now. I went there to either get some take-out or buy a giftcard to help them with cash flow, but the doors were locked. I hope that they survive and do not close for good as we are hearing a few restaurants have already done.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    jrbiz, Mar 26, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    One of my neighbors owns a fancy restaurant here in town. He had to close down as no one was coming around as per social distancing. But this government where I am is offering a compensation package to all businesses that are temporaily shutting down, as well as a cash aid to all employees around the country who are laid off.

I think everything will work out in the end.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 26, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, now that I know I cannot have my favorite Chinese buffet, it is making me want it even more. Forget the fact that I am still on my diet and would not be frequenting them any time soon, anyway, but somehow this seems to make it worse. One of my favorite of their dishes is Salt & Pepper Shrimp. Theirs looks an awful lot like this:

salt-and-pepper-shrimp.jpg

Oh well, its gruel for me for the foreseeable future, anyway. :(

jrbiz, Mar 26, 2020 IP