1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There are three independent studies, one in China, one in Australia, the other in France. These tests have recently proven that Chloroquine mixed with Azithromy can cure a positive Covid-19 patient 100% within six days. We can only hope that one of these three governments will bypass red tape and endless safety tests, and approve these drugs sooner rather than later.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 22, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that the US FDA has approved this combination to be used in "compassionate care" cases, which I believe is when it could be a fatal infection.

jrbiz, Mar 22, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva and JoeSpirit like this.
  3. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If untested could have serious side effects- third eye anyone?

scurvy, Mar 22, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/coronavirus-vaping-drugs/index.html

It doesn't take much medical knowledge to work out that if your lungs are filled with anything other than fresh air they're going to find infection harder to beat.

although these guys have probably got a tinfoil hat that will help!

If you have a heart condition they can turn off your heart. Not sure if that's a side effect since side effects imply you're alive.

sarahk, Mar 22, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    New Zealand goes into lockdown on Wednesday.
    Our customers are mostly living on the bread line so we're anticipating a stack of non-payers because they won't be getting paid. The ones on welfare will be the best because their cheques keep coming.

No huge changes for me personally, we're still allowed to exercise & walk the dog but the house will be full.

sarahk, Mar 22, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am involved with several companies, one of which is an embedded software developer with RTOSes, TCP/IP stacks, etc. Very esoteric stuff only of interest to embedded (firmware) engineers. Well, it turns out that we sold a number of software licenses to a big manufacturer who apparently also makes some very important medical equipment and they have been designated a "Critical Infrastructure Supplier" and my company, being a listed supplier in their supply chain, is being asked to get the same status from our state officials. Obviously, we are not a critical supplier, but if we needed that status, I could be driving around with police, fire, emergency folks even if there was a lockdown. BTW, we won't be applying for such status.

jrbiz, Mar 23, 2020 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I disagree, your tinfoil hats are critical as they bring psychological comfort to millions. I was so glad to read of your Corona coupon where you offer a 5% discount on your tinfoil hats to all self isolating shut ins. Well done and very ethical! :)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 23, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I was talking about the embedded software company. The tinfoil hat business has been designated as a critical supplier to the healthcare industry. I wouldn't be surprised to get a call from the White House, soon. :cool:

jrbiz, Mar 23, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and Spoiltdiva like this.
  9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    When *he* calls please convey our appreciation for his strong leadership during this crisis, and also be sure to thank him for respecting all states rights. We wouldn't want the U.S. to suddenly become a dictatorship a la Venezuela.

P.S. Can you ask him if he can bring back "Celebrity Apprentice"?

10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If I get the opportunity, I will also lobby for him to include our DP celebrity, @Spoiltdiva ;)

jrbiz, Mar 23, 2020 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Some interesting data coming out of the W.H.O. It seems that countries that regularly dispense Chloroquine to fight Malaria have practically no cases of Covid-19 whatsoever.
    Case in point: In New Your City a guy was on his death bed with the Corona virus. In fact his family was called and a priest was to give him his last rights from outside his room. They decided to give him a pill of Chloroquine and 2 hours later he awoke from his coma. Four hours later he was fine and has since been sent home.

Instead of making millions of face masks, gowns, rubber gloves, respirators etc., we should be making millions of tablets of Chloroquine and getting people back to work.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, I am sitting down and watching the now daily briefing by POTUS and other cabinet members when VP Pence gets up and in his speech, he thanks Facebook for donating 750,000 N95 masks that they had stockpiled to hospitals and first responders. <jaw drops> What?!? Facebook has a "stockpile" that includes 750,000 face masks?

Apparently, they bought those masks to provide to firefighters in California communities when the large wildfires broke out. I guess that they were figuring that they would help those first responders who served the communities that their offices and their employees were located in.

For a while there, I was thinking that FB had underground survival bunkers... :)

jrbiz, Mar 23, 2020 IP
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    But, but, but what about (drum roll, please) the TESTING??? How are public health officials going to make their charts and graphs if we do not focus on TESTING? There is no way we could just treat sick people and leave alone the symptomless folks while telling them to socially isolate without TESTING! Forget the therapies, ventilators, vaccines, etc., we must TEST! How else will the fake news media be able to keep frightening the low information citizenry if they cannot publish a new number every day? If they stop TESTING, public health officials might no longer get TV camera time.

Of course, it doesn't hurt tinfoil hat sales, either. ;)

jrbiz, Mar 23, 2020 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    The old guy down the street wanted to test his new tinfoil hat during a storm to see if it was water proof.... lightning versus tinfoil. It all ended badly for him. I think if he were still with us, he would no longer approve of testing.:cool:

jrbiz likes this.
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That Rand fella was worried enough to get a test but not to self-isolate. I don't know if we can trust anyone to do anything wise when it's not in their immediate self interest.

sarahk, Mar 23, 2020 IP
  16. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

scurvy, Mar 23, 2020 IP
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No one should risk standing between a politician and a TV camera these days. You will be trampled and/or crushed. And, if the cameras are running in a legislative chamber, you can bet there will be full attendance with them all waiting impatiently, shoulder to shoulder, to get their moment in the sun with yet another useless, self-serving speech. This is nothing new, by the way. Many laws and regulations that we have to suffer under are excluded for Congress because they are the people who drafted the law and explicitly included such exclusions. Apparently, they also believe that they are too important/privileged/essential (pick one) to have to submit to social isolation.

jrbiz, Mar 24, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva and JoeSpirit like this.
  18. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You seem to have a lot of old guys down the street...

JoeSpirit, Mar 24, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  19. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's one of the things that both sides agree on. Ain't too many of those kind of things...

JoeSpirit, Mar 24, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    It is the one and the same old guy in all of my testimonial stories. He went out with a BANG! No use letting his demise go for naught, so I ought to tell his tale of woe. ;)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 24, 2020 IP