1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a win win for everyone.

malky66, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I for one would like to see the study results concerning the effects these new coronavirus protective tin foil hats have on the brain.

I'm considering placing an order but I'm growing rather suspicious here.

In other thoughts, I think that right now is a great time to travel wallet wise and to also invest in the DOW.

JoeSpirit, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I got mine today and I still don't have coronavirus, not sure if I should be bleeding from the ears though.....

malky66, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and JoeSpirit like this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have great news for you. My tinfoil hats are proven to reduce paranoia, too, so your suspicions will disappear as soon as you start wearing one. My products also have a UL (Underwater Laboratories) certificate and my neighbor Joe has certified them to be 100% safe and he knows everything.

I was thinking that, myself. What a fantastic time to buy stocks. The rebound (hopefully, in a month or two) will undoubtedly far surpass the highest that the stock market has hit to date as soon as the traders realize that This. Is. Just. Another. Flu.

jrbiz, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Bleeding through the ears is normal for the first few months (see Page 697 of the Users Manual.) Cotton swabs should be replaced every few hours, of course. Only a small percentage of people end up requiring blood transfusions, so there is nothing to worry about.

jrbiz, Mar 13, 2020 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Do you all remember the Ebola virus and the panic that came along with it? It mostly affected poor African countries, though it did travel across the pond. The Africans in that part of the world do not generally speaking, have the $$$ to travel and that kept the Ebola virus from spreading as fast as the Corona virus.
    Along came a vaccine and we don't hear much about the Ebola virus these days. I predict the same will happen when the Corona vaccine is available in the fall as predicted. In the meantime....just breath and relax.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Phew! Thanks you really put my mind at rest.

malky66, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd have thought ecommerce would be doing better as people try to limit their exposure to the general public?

I'm going to give online grocery shopping some serious consideration... until now it's been more bother than it's worth

sarahk, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Someone sent me this interview with a Dr. Sanjay Gupta from CNN. In it he suggests that a lot of people who have recovered from the Corona virus will have some long term issues with scarring in their lungs, to the tune of a 40-50% decrease in their lung capacity.
    This is not good news, it's getting increasingly harder to stay positive about this.

10. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

scurvy, Mar 13, 2020 IP
  11. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gupta is not a real doctor.

scurvy, Mar 13, 2020 IP
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    CNN really is no longer a news organization. It is a cheerleading organization for the Left. Hard to find much information, but I found a very recent article by a respiratory physician in the U.S. version of The Guardian. Dr. John Wilson.

What we have learned from Wuhan (which has the longest history with Covid-19) is that about 6% of the people who tested positive for the virus ended up with their lungs being affected by the virus. It was in the form of pneumonia. The most severe of those were the folks who have died. Again, these were mostly elderly with underlying conditions. 94% of the folks with Covid-19 never had their lungs involved as it was either no symptoms or an upper respiratory issue. So, now we have to consider what percent of the 6% who survive will have scarring from the pneumonia and how many will not? Let's say it is 25% (picked out of the air) that get some sort of scarring after having had pneumonia. That means we are talking about 1.5% of all people infected with Covid-19 will get scarring. Probably the same rate that comes with influenza.

The point is not that this flu is not dangerous and will not kill people. It is that the hype far outweighs the reality of the situation and everyone is over-reacting and a lot of people will be hurt by this. Think of all of the people who make their living in the travel, restaurant, entertainment, tourism, and other industries that are closing down due to this crazed panic. Those folks have to figure out how to buy food next week without a paycheck.

jrbiz, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and Spoiltdiva like this.
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I'll agree with your assessment of CNN, they lean too much to the left for my liking and I seldom turn it on. I much prefer the BBC for my news updates.

I very much liked your last post, very informative. I feel a bit better about the Corona virus after reading it. :)

jrbiz likes this.
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Ummm, about that...

sarahk, Mar 13, 2020 IP
  15. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Coronavirus has the potential to kill millions if it gets out of hand. This is why governments are trying to control the situation. Think about it if spreads in a country like Pakistan or Afghanistan or any other poor country who have low health budget what can happen? These countries do not even have the resources and infrastructure to provide health facilities to their citizens in normal times.

newbie191, Mar 13, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes???

Yes, this is a concern. Just like the standard old influenza. What are the poor countries doing about the flu that hits every year, year after year? The point is that coronavirus is just one more strain of flu and the world deals with multiple strains of flu every year. What is different with coronavirus is that the media has decided that it is a worse crisis than the other flu's, which, to date, has not proven to be true at all and it is causing over-reactions by the mostly uninformed public and their supposed political leaders. In effect, we have a "celebrity flu" being promoted right now by those with interests other than the public good. Coronavirus has been described by many health professionals as a MILD FLU, for most people. It is not Ebola or SARS or MERS or any of the more fatal viruses that we have seen in recent years. However, the media and the pandering politicians have the world thinking that it is apocalyptic and telling people to build bunkers and hide in them.

It is unnecessarily damaging the world economy as entire industries close and people stopping living their lives and that, in fact, will likely hurt more people than coronavirus ever will. What happens to those poor countries if food or medical supplies are disrupted because of this nonsense? What happens when entire groups of people lose their paychecks for weeks or months because their companies are closed?

Here in the U.S., the fake news media and the political Swamp see this simply as their next great hoax to pull on the American public in a desperate attempt to bring down Trump. They care not for the health of the citizenry, only their own selfish political goals. They very likely are the worst offenders in the world in regard to perpetrating this panic. They are happy that the stock market is crashing; they are happy that the economy is slowing down; they are happy that people are scared. Anything to hurt Trump in the hopes that he is not re-elected in November. That is all that this is about here, anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2020
    jrbiz, Mar 14, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Just saw this on linkedin. Kind of says it all:

coronavirustweet.jpg

I have seen quite a few similar quotes from other doctors who are in the trenches treating patients. Those that think that the "science is settled" and healthcare professionals are in total agreement that the coronavirus apocalypse is looming, need to look at something other than the fake news purveyors.

Here is one more:

coronamit.jpg

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    jrbiz, Mar 14, 2020 IP
  18. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    News this morning reports the first primary postponement in Louisiana.

March Madness Basketball is on hold. Wonder how that'll affect the weather here in Indiana...

St. Patrick's Day parade is canceled. Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum is closed. The Indianapolis 500 Festival is canceled.

Oh well, at least the drive-through at Starbucks is still open...

JoeSpirit, Mar 14, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, the hysteria is now moving full speed ahead. I just went to the grocery store to get the newspaper and some milk. Shelves were stocked full with one notable exception: toilet paper. :D Right now, I cannot imagine a better business to be in. The toiler paper manufacturing executives must be loving life today. And, buying toilet paper is just as logical as anything else going on right now. It has no effect on your chances of getting and surviving coronavirus, but apparently, it makes people feel good and in control. Kind of like wearing a face mask these days.

On the other hand, these same folks could be buying my tinfoil hats and it is disturbing that the toilet paper moguls are unfairly stealing my business with lies and innuendo. I may sue if I can find a courtroom that is open.

jrbiz, Mar 14, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and mmerlinn like this.
  20. aliadil961

aliadil961 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    take sunlight mostly and drink boil water for cautions.

aliadil961, Mar 14, 2020 IP