1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTML Form Help - Newbie!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by piecethepuzzle, Feb 25, 2020.

Hello,

I'm currently trying to create an interactive PDF form for work. This is completely out of my realm as it's just a project I decided to work on in my spare time. Essentially what I'm trying to say is I know VERY little HTML so I'm hoping someone could help point me in the right direction on this one.

I've been using Adobe LiveCycle Designer to create my form. I have quite a bit of the scripting done just by trial and error, however there is 1 (probably simple) thing I can't figure out.

I have a drop down menu that when selected, will auto populate text in a text field. I'm trying to figure out how to put 2 line breaks in a row. I've attached an image of what the text currently looks like when the drop down item is selected. I want the text to look like so:

"Please see the related link to find information regarding (SUPPLIER) price increase effective (DATE).

COMPANY NAME
    (YOUR INITIALS)"

The code I currently have going is...

case "3": // price increase letter
    TextField2.rawValue = "Please see the related link to find information regarding (SUPPLIER) price increase effective (DATE). \n COMPANY NAME \n (YOUR INITIALS)";
    break;

Code (markup):
    I would greatly appreciate any help! I tried different froms of using \n\n or \n \n and I just can't get it.

Thank you!
    -Stephanie Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2020
    piecethepuzzle, Feb 25, 2020 IP
  2. natural777

natural777 Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice! Learn WordPress! There will be a lot of things with pdf! And knowledge in programming will practically not be necessary.

And about you question, here is just first example that comes across (if I understood correctly):
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/pdf-forms-for-contact-form-7/

natural777, Feb 26, 2020 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Considering that PDF has jack-all to do with HTML... well, the original question makes about as much sense as the derp suggesting you use turdpress... which is to say none whatsoever.

deathshadow, Feb 27, 2020 IP
  4. piecethepuzzle

piecethepuzzle Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm that's interesting considering that's the format I'm working in and saving it as. That was really unnecessarily rude. If you can't help, don't answer.

piecethepuzzle, Feb 27, 2020 IP
  5. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Could probably help, if we had some idea what the blazes HTML has to do with your screwing around in a PDF form. The two are utterly unrelated topics unless you're running some goofy conversion/hoster like that turdpress plugin @natural777 linked to... which are accessibility trash and bad web design/development techniques; and still don't actually involve HTML.

What exactly does HTML and website design have to do with a format that pretty much exists for the sharing of print documents? It's like posting about a problem with a rowboat on a car forums. This is the HTML and web design section of the forums -- and you've shown nothing that would/should have anything to do with either! You've shown some scripting that doesn't appear to actually be JavaScript (is that actionScript?) and a photograph, and not a single line of anything that appears to be HTML, much less have anything to do with web technologies.

Do you actually have any HTML involved? If so, what's it look like? Last time I checked PDF's are a superset of Postscript, not HTML.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  6. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Oh, and if that works like JavaScript -- meaning you're REALLY in the wrong area...

TextField2.rawValue = 'Please see the related link to find information regarding (SUPPLIER) price increase effective (DATE).\

COMPANY NAME\
    (YOUR INITIALS)';

Code (markup):
    Or:

TextField2.rawValue = "Please see the related link to find information regarding (SUPPLIER) price increase effective (DATE).\r\n\r\n COMPANY NAME\r\n(YOUR INITIALS)";

Code (markup):
    MIGHT be what you're looking to do, but again has absolutely NOTHING to do with HTML or website design.

7. piecethepuzzle

piecethepuzzle Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this something that actually requires any of this attitude? First off, I explained I don't know much about this at all and yet you're jumping down my throat. My IT team referenced what I'm doing as HTML. I'm asking for help, that's all. This is my first post on this forum and you've very clearly turned me off it. Thanks for the support.

piecethepuzzle, Feb 28, 2020 IP