1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I hate the guru webinars

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Spartan14, Jan 22, 2020.

Almost all day i see ads on youtube ,facebook etc where gurus promise awesome results .Then i register for webinars and guess what i will see in 1 or 2 hours .The first half of the webinar it present his life how awful it was when it was broke ,then it start to say he discover the succes .After that he shows great figures a lot of money and i dont know if the screenshots are real .Then in the second half it presents the offer and it tells you how it will help you to make a lot of money etc .Then guess what it cost like 2000$ to get the program
    So it presents us 0 value on that webinar .I am also a marketar and i understand that you want to make money but give at least a little value ,show us some tricks ,show us a little how to promote etc .Then i can buy from you ,don't make me a 2 hours webinar where 1 hour you present how much money you make etc and in the other half you present your offer

Spartan14, Jan 22, 2020 IP
  2. artyman

artyman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes

artyman, Jan 22, 2020 IP
  3. speel00

speel00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I actually agree, I think they need to be able to provide something of value for free. If their free value actually works or showcases their skills, they are far more likely to make a successful sale. These webinars are really more of an advertisement than anything else. I doubt they make very many sales from these types of so-called webinars.

speel00, Jan 22, 2020 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It reminds me of the gurus that teach you how to flip houses. They make more money on selling their "method" than on flipping houses.

qwikad.com, Jan 22, 2020 IP
  5. Belenthrow

Belenthrow Member

Best Answers:
    Oh Yes....I was guilty back in the past at going to these webinars. In Fact....THAT AS WELL AS THE MONEY DRAINAGE month after month is what led to my defeat those 7 years ago. All these "gurus" are doing is making people spend money to boost their ego. That's all it is...no real value whatsoever thus i decided this year to provide value and real products and go on my own terms.

Belenthrow, Jan 22, 2020 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Webinars work very well on sheeple.

The presenters have to tell you all about their previous lives and how tough they had it because they don't have enough material to fill the webinar time otherwise I think.

JoeSpirit, Jan 23, 2020 IP
  7. verocloud

verocloud Member

Best Answers:
    It's all about Tony Robbins :) type of gurus? There are no quick solutions for long term goals. I would suggest reading inspirational books from time to time as a temporary relief.

verocloud, Jan 23, 2020 IP
  8. tbar

tbar Member

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely correct. The best marketers out there offer people free content that is of value. Give free and get back in return.

tbar, Jan 24, 2020 IP
  9. kadam

kadam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Similar courses are complete nonsense. It were popular a few years ago, but now every teenager make a selfie by a beautiful car and tells how poorly he lived before and how much he earns now. If you really want to learn how to make money in CEOs and online marketing, go to webmasters events or exhibition where people exchange experiences and talk about new trends and market changes.

kadam, Jan 27, 2020 IP
  10. Private Loader

Private Loader Active Member

Best Answers:
    All you need is at a distance of a click. I agree with you webinars doesn't work.

Private Loader, Jan 27, 2020 IP
  11. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    According to Doberman Dan the lead gen freebie model no longer works. I can't say I've positively seen this myself but it's possible that the effectiveness of this method is slowing down.

JoeSpirit, Jan 27, 2020 IP
  12. Andy Dao

Andy Dao Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard different because lead gen freebie is still as big as ever. Check out FLS or Free Lead Systems (no affiliate link, sorry). Builds you leads while promoting your own business or opps.

But yes, I do hate those so called "gurus" webinar. They promise 'FREE TRAINING CLASS' but all it is just to hype up their products so they sell you towards the end. Just a waste of time. That's 2 hours you will never get back.

Andy Dao, Jan 28, 2020 IP
  13. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Yep. I hate to waste my time so I rarely sign in for those things anymore.

JoeSpirit, Jan 30, 2020 IP
    Andy Dao likes this.