1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

More or less keywords - does it matter?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Nigan, Jan 25, 2020.

Hello everyone,,
    Will too many keywords take away from the keywords that are actually performing? I have tons of key words that get only one or two hits per day but others that get substantially more. Will adwords work to balance things out within your budget or will Adwords simply meet my budget with keywords that are producing??

Nigan, Jan 25, 2020 IP
  2. seoninja121

seoninja121 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it matters. More keywords can enhance the chances to search on Google. If you're running ads then every ad group should have at least 70-80 keywords.

seoninja121, Jan 27, 2020 IP
  3. James Rawls

James Rawls Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Using relevant keywords with a considerable ranking and low competition is a very useful marketing technique on search engines. Try to use LSI keywords as much as you can and go with highly specific keywords to make sure you are reaching the targeted audiences.

James Rawls, Feb 7, 2020 IP
  4. EightAce

EightAce Member

Best Answers:
    This is nonsense. Ad groups should contain small groups of very closely related keywords. In fact, a common and very effective ad group structure is SKAG (single keyword ad groups).

Regarding Nigan's question in terms of the number of keywords to include overall, this comes down to what product(s) or service(s) you are targeting. Each keyword has a different search volume, therefore some keywords will generate more traffic than others, often using your budget before other keywords get a chance to show. Over time you should be refining your keywords based on actual performance, that is, which ones are actually generating leads or sales. Finally, what match types are you using? If not exact then ensure you are reviewing the search term report to see what actual keywords are triggering your ads.

Hope that helps.

EightAce, Feb 14, 2020 IP
  5. Sergiy Korinchuk

Sergiy Korinchuk Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, that matters,
    from my experience, it's impossible to achieve high quality score and deliver targeted ads using more than 10 keywords per set,
    so, the way I see it works,
    you create a set, 1 - 2 ads inside of it, pointed to purposely created (ideally) landing page as closely related to the topic of the keywords and than add those 8 - 10 keywords in there,
    moreover, match type of the keywords should be either "+" or exact match [keyword]

so, with that being said, I totally agree with statement of Eight Ace,

no more than 10 keywords with custom ad and landing page to deliver as relevant ads as possible
    want to rank for wider group of keywords - create more sets

Sergiy Korinchuk, Feb 29, 2020 IP