1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Ideas for my ancient website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kumru, Jan 14, 2020.

It's been a long time since I posted anything on this forum. So excuse me if I'm making any mistakes.

I have bought a website back in 2007 for a very small amount of money. website is mymedicalsuppliers.com.. i have tried to promote it for 1-2 years max but then had some other businesses to deal with so it was left on the sideline.

When I check the website, it doesn't even work properly at the moment. most probably there is something wrong with databases etc. I am also not very skilled about programming, so it is also very hard for me to figure out what is wrong exactly. but still i have the files of the website and own the domain for 13 years now.

in summary, i want to know your comments about what i should do with this website. should i try to be partner with somebody or should i just sell it. do you think it would be worth any value?

kumru, Jan 14, 2020 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The use of "ancient" along with "website" made me laugh. I never really thought about the internet reaching old age before.

To answer your question though, I'd say the domain would be useful as a reference to medical professionals in search of supplies. It would have to be maintained for currency I think. You could probably get some help from the hosting support for fixing/updating the site.

Selling it might be the best option if you aren't interested in working on the site yourself. I know there are some vendors on the forum that deal in the domain flipping niche.

JoeSpirit, Jan 14, 2020 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    JEET, Jan 14, 2020 IP
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @kumru
    I checked your website, and I think your website is having .htaccess issues.
    .htaccess file is either missing, or is missing rules in it.

Did not came across mysql issue (as pages won't load, throwing 404 error), but most likely this too will be an issue, since mysql functions have been replaced by mysqli in PHP.

Fixing these 2 issues can get your site up and running.
    Without fixing these, I am not sure if someone will buy the site.

Also, without any kind of traffic, the only 2 things of value are domain and the database.
    Domain is ok, since its easy to remember and tell to others.

If you are not interested in working on it, then you can list it on Flipaa or in the market place of this forum.
    The domain age might draw some attention and buyers.

JEET, Jan 14, 2020 IP
  5. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    JoeSpirit, Jan 16, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  6. tbar

tbar Member

Best Answers:
    Well first off, your website should look ancient and have a hard time working, its been up for a long time! LOL. I think the first place to start is asking yourself what do you want to do with the website?

• Do you want to maintain it?

• sell it as an established property?

• sell the domain name by itself?
    Once you figure that part out, we can kind of walk through some options you might have.

tbar, Jan 24, 2020 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    After the last couple of updates many are reporting losing rankings and traffic. Even the sites that once performed strong are being knocked down. If your site has never had good traffic I highly doubt it will gain any traffic since you'll be now working in a completely different environment. Try selling it. It's a good sounding domain name with relevant keywords. Godaddy says you can get $1,137 for it: https://www.godaddy.com/domain-valu...&tmskey=&domainToCheck=mymedicalsuppliers.com Depending on how you're going to go about selling it you can get $2,000-3,000 for it.

qwikad.com, Jan 24, 2020 IP