1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need blog for social media marketing

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Ethel Glover, Jul 21, 2019.

Hey all, can you tell me Does a company really need a blog for social media marketing?

Ethel Glover, Jul 21, 2019 IP
  2. BranTheMan

BranTheMan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Be a little more specific? A blog isn't needed, but you can never go wrong by having one. Helps with SEO and keeps users engaged with your brand even when they aren't interested in buying anything. Most of my best preforming websites don't have a blog or much of any content writing at all tbh, though I'm sure they would be doing much better if they did.

BranTheMan, Jul 21, 2019 IP
  3. Castt41

Castt41 Peon

Best Answers:
    By having online presence on several platforms for your business, will definitely help you and you just cannot go wrong with social media marketing and a blog. In the modern scenario the competition among the blog owners is also very intense so I would suggest using the bulk business texting service as well. Personally I am getting satisfactory results with it.

Castt41, Jul 24, 2019 IP
  4. Stuart Broad

Stuart Broad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blog helps You in many ways. It helps you to grow. It tells your audience about your work. It helps you to advertise in digital world.

Stuart Broad, Jul 24, 2019 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It depends on the company. Do they have lots to say? Do things change frequently in their industry? A rarely updated blog may do more harm than not having one at all.

sarahk, Jul 24, 2019 IP
  6. joycenye

joycenye Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, a company needs a blog for marketing his brand.

joycenye, Jan 13, 2020 IP
  7. rkahn

rkahn Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think a blog is important for social media marketing in many ways. You have more control over your blog. You can also collect email leads from your blog's contact form. Some social media websites let you achieve this too, but you'll still need blog for other purposes like getting organic SEO traffic to your website.

Blog is the resource where you can post different content types relating to your company, and the next step ought to be to share it to your social media. This way, your fans across different social media platforms will also have a hub (your blog) that they can visit and hang around on.

rkahn, Jan 13, 2020 IP
  8. ellastien

ellastien Banned

Best Answers:
    To spread out your company or brand you have to need a beautiful blog for your business.

ellastien, Jan 13, 2020 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    well designed is important
    beautiful? not so much
    blog? not necessarily

sarahk, Jan 13, 2020 IP
  10. Martin7677

Martin7677 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In Simple Words, I would say "Yes"

But you need to be more specific, having content on Some social media platforms is good. You can always post an article on LinkedIn, Tumblr and others. People do love to get engage with these blogs.

But, be more niche about blogs on social media. you just can't right as you wish. Like you can share an employee's point of view/ perspective about some activities on the company. Be More Professional on LinkedIn.

if we talk about its benefits, then yes it may be beneficial for your business as they will be a way to have more customer engagement. for example- I just posted an article on LinkedIn- Why Digital Marketing is Crucial in India?

Martin7677, Jan 14, 2020 IP
  11. speel00

speel00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A blog is highly suggested for a couple of reasons.

1. It allows you to use SEO and keywords on an otherwise static website. Most business websites are static and because of that, they may not rank well on results. If you have a part of your website that is updated frequently, you will then be able to rank better.
    2. It allows you to build authority in your industry. This allows you to show your expertise and provide "free" info to entice more possible customers.
    3. Allows you to build an email marketing list with a more legit reason.

speel00, Jan 14, 2020 IP
  12. Mehedi Hasan Rubel

Mehedi Hasan Rubel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Propagation and outreach is an important for any business,and i thing blog will help for this.

Mehedi Hasan Rubel, Jan 15, 2020 IP
  13. MK Digital Portovello

MK Digital Portovello Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, it is not strictly necessary. Digital Marketing is, above all, marketing, that is, customer focus. If your customers are not regular blog users, using this tool will be like screaming in the desert.
    What sector does your company work in?

MK Digital Portovello, Jan 15, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you're a plumber I don't want to read blog posts, but I might enjoy an instagram account with advice and quick diy hints.
    If you're an accountant a blog might be handy but facebook and instagram posts reminding me of key tax submission

sarahk, Jan 15, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  15. MK Digital Portovello

MK Digital Portovello Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    OK

Totally agree. Each social network is aimed at a certain market segment: Facebook is the network for people over forty and Instagram is for teenagers. You must decide on which network you should act based on your client's profile. Remember: "don't be what interrupts the conversation, it is part of the conversation." That is the rule in content marketing

MK Digital Portovello, Jan 16, 2020 IP
  16. Sarah - Dufferin Media

Sarah - Dufferin Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many benefits to including blogs as part of your digital marketing strategy in any industry.
    1. Gives you fresh content to share on social media
    2. Gives your website fresh content so it does not become stagnant or stale
    3. Great for SEO - will improve your search results and rankings
    4. Great content for email marketing
    5. Publish as an "article" to LinkedIN - establishing you as knowledgeable in your field.
    just to name a few ...

Sarah - Dufferin Media, Feb 2, 2020 IP
  17. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, simple answer Yes.
    Think about it, would you want to go to a website that had little or no content on it? Blogs help you do exactly that, giving your website and your social media, fresh content.

As you mention you have a company, it can also help in your marketing efforts promoting your company as well as helping you get organic traffic to your site.

So yes, I would definitely use the time in creating a blog.

Harvey Wolf, Jan 30, 2021 IP